Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

TK

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

September 12, 2018

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins signed the following practice squad player to their active roster:

WR Jehu Chesson

The Redskins signed the following player to their practice squad:

DB Jeremy Reaves

The Redskins placed the following player on their Reserve/Injured list:

WR Trey Quinn

Both will be back to compete for roster spots next year.  And both can (and should) attend meetings.  The unfortunate thing is that you can't activate a player from IR back to practice squad.  Which means that after both are healed, they can't practice while on IR. 

Depending on what else happens with injury, the 'Skins COULD bring back either one to the 53 man roster.  We'll see. 

A number of players IRed so far:

Tyler Catalina - Shoulder Surgery

*Robert Davis - Knee injury

*Manasseh Garner - Torn ACL

*Arie Kouandijo - Torn Quad

Byron Marshall - sprained ACL/MCL

Trey Quinn - High Ankle Sprain

Cam Sims - High Ankle Sprain

You can bring two back if you want to.  I THINK that the ones I starred above have no chance of coming back this year.  I believe the rest are possible. 

I couldn't find much information on Catalina's injury, so I don't know if him returning is a possibility. 

I think I heard Marshall could be ready mid-season if they need him.  They do have Bibbs on the practice squad, so if they need a backup to CT, he's still active and practicing, so I doubt Marshall comes back. 

We'll see what else transpires.  But I think as of now it's likely that either Quinn or Sims could come back this year. 

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

the 'Skins COULD bring back either one to the 53 man roster

I don't understand why there is a limit on the number of players a team can have. Why not allow any number of players and just keep the salary cap, let them divi it up as they see fit.

Archived