Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL 2018 Predictions from the Annuals

88Comrade2000

Getting close to that time of year when the Football Annuals come out with their usual predictions.

USA Today has an post-draft start, with their "NFL Forcast" Supplement.

They predict a Pats(14-2) win over Vikings(13-3) in the Superbowl.: 30-16; as our former QB throws 3 interceptions.

The Redskins finish 4-12and have a Top 5 draft pick.

I expect the usual annuals to start coming out after Memorial Day.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 11:27 AM, Riggo-toni said:

I think Cousins' meltdown will be a game earlier in the NFCC.

I think the Vikings regress some...not necessarily because they aren't better, but just because duplicating a year like 2017 is very tricky. I think Cousins plays plenty of good games along with some clunkers and they "limp" to 10-6 and maybe win a road playoff game. 

Let me guess: All of them pick Washington to finish 4th in the division, because, well, Cousins left and they’ll fall apart and they always suck, so...

Cowboys picked first because, by god, it has to happen sometime- and they’re our “favoritist” team, like ever.

Eagles finish a close second because we can’t dump on the team that won last years SB.

Giants finish third. Barkley is God and OBJ will be back better than ever and Eli, blah, blah, blah, and that defense, blah, blah, blah.

There. I saved you guys $9.99 (plus tax). No need to buy them.

On 6/2/2018 at 9:50 AM, pjfootballer said:

Let me guess: All of them pick Washington to finish 4th in the division, because, well, Cousins left and they’ll fall apart and they always suck, so...

Cowboys picked first because, by god, it has to happen sometime- and they’re our “favoritist” team, like ever.

Eagles finish a close second because we can’t dump on the team that won last years SB.

Giants finish third. Barkley is God and OBJ will be back better than ever and Eli, blah, blah, blah, and that defense, blah, blah, blah.

There. I saved you guys $9.99 (plus tax). No need to buy them.

Well, I like getting them anyway.  You're right so far though, LOL. 

Lindy's Sports 2018 Predictions by Howard Balzer 

Nfc East: Eagles

Nfc North: Vikings

Nfc South: Saints

Nfc West: Rams

Nfc Wild cards: Falcons, Lions

NFC Champs: Saints over Falcons

Afc East: Pats

Afc North: Steelers

Afc South: Jags

Afc West: Chiefs

Afc Wild cards: Chargers, Ravens

AFC Champs: Steelers over Chargers

Superbowl 53: Saints over Steelers

NFC East:  (1) Eagles, (2) Giants, (3) Cowboys, (4) Redskins

Athlon Sports 2018 Predictions 

Nfc East: (1)Eagles

Nfc North: (3)Vikings

Nfc South: (2)Saints

Nfc West: (4)Rams

Nfc Wild cards: (5)Falcons, (6)Packers

Nfc Wild Card Round: Vikings over Packers, Rams over Falcons

Nfc Divionsal Round: Eagles over Rams, Saints over Vikings

NFC Champs: Saints over Eagles

Afc East: (1)Pats

Afc North: (3)Steelers

Afc South: (2)Jags

Afc West: (4)Chargers

Afc Wild cards: (5)Chiefs, (6)Titans

AFC Wild Card Round: Steelers over Titans, Chargers over Chiefs

AFC Divisional Round: Pats over Chargers, Jags over Steelers

AFC Champs: Pats over Jags

Superbowl 53: Saints over Pats

NFC East:  (1) Eagles, (2) Cowboys, (3) Giants, (4) Redskins

Street & Smith's 2018 Predictions

Nfc East: Eagles

Nfc North: Vikings

Nfc South: Saints

Nfc West: Rams

Nfc Wild cards: Falcons, 49ers

Nfc Wild Card Round: Saints over 49ers, Falcons over Vikings

Nfc Divionsal Round: Eagles over Saints, Rams over Falcons

NFC Champs: Rams over Eagles

Afc East: Pats

Afc North: Steelers

Afc South: Jags

Afc West: Chargers

Afc Wild cards: Chiefs, Titans

AFC Wild Card Round: Chargers over Titans, Jags over Chiefs

AFC Divisional Round: Pats over Chargers, Steelers over Jags

AFC Champs: Steelers over Pats

Superbowl 53: Rams over Steelers

NFC East:  (1) Eagles, (2) Cowboys, (3) Giants, (4) Redskins

^^ So lazy...

I guarantee you the Eagles won't win the division. Neither will the Giants. Hangover from winning the SB, will Wentz start, how will his injury affect his play, is Foles finally the real deal or did he have a good run and that's it, etc, etc. Eli's past his prime and should have been put out to pasture last season (which the old coach tried to do, I think, and got fired for it).

Hard to imagine the Cowboys losing so many pass catchers and it having no effect on them. Their top receivers and TEs from last year:

Dez Bryant - GONE

Jason Witten - GONE

Terrance Williams - (might be) GONE

Cole Beasley - 36 receptions

Brice Butler - GONE

Ryan Switzer - GONE

James Hanna - GONE

Noah Brown - 4 receptions

Geoff Swaim - 2 receptions

They gotta hope Hurns and a few rookie pass catchers end up surprising, or else it's gonna be defenses loading up the box without fear of anyone doing any real damage through the air. And Dak isn't the type of QB who elevates his receivers.

The Redskins are a mystery right now...hard to say exactly what they'll end up doing. 

Eagles will compete, Cowboys will disappoint, Giants will improve slightly but still lose, Redskins....hell, who knows lol.

Geez Cali...….I know its frustrating to see the preseason predicts mainly rely on the chalk from the previous season, but you aren't exactly going out on a limb to make a NFC East pick. What, are the Cardinals going to rejoin and steal our division?

8 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Geez Cali...….I know its frustrating to see the preseason predicts mainly rely on the chalk from the previous season, but you aren't exactly going out on a limb to make a NFC East pick. What, are the Cardinals going to rejoin and steal our division?

Well, that was mostly my point lol...an actual analysis of the division would lead to a prediction of "who the hell knows".

• 2 weeks later...

Pro Football Weekly's 2018 Predictions

Nfc East: Eagles: 10-6

Nfc North: Vikings: 12-4

Nfc South: Saints:10-6

Nfc West: Rams: 11-5

Nfc Wild cards: Falcons:10-6, Packers:10-6

NFC Champs: Vikings over Packers

Afc East: Pats: 11-5

Afc North: Steelers: 12-4

Afc South: Jags: 10-6

Afc West: Chargers: 12-4

Afc Wild cards:  Ravens: 9-7, Texans: 9-7

AFC Champs: Pats over Steelers

Superbowl 53: Vikings over Pats

NFC East:  (1) Eagles: 10-6, (2) Cowboys: 8-8, (3) Redskins: 7-9 (4) Giants: 6-10

So, if their predictions come true, Kirk wins a Superbowl. Dan Snyder would love that. :rofl89:

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like I heard this story before 

-Lost too many good players

-Won't compete within the division it's too stacked

-might get lucky and squeak into the last wildcard, not probable though 

-can't beat the team from Pennsylvania in the playoffs and said team is a shoe in to win division 

-why follow the team at this point what positive outcome could possibly come from predictions like these?

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

Who should be the preseason pick to win the NFC East?

They of course will pick Philadelphia and already are favorites 

My own opinion is it may come down to whomever wins both games between the Redskins and Giants

I honestly think that Dallas and Philadelphia may take a step back this season 

Just my opinion though 

On 6/22/2018 at 4:17 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

Pro Football Weekly's 2018 Predictions

Nfc East: Eagles: 10-6

Nfc North: Vikings: 12-4

Nfc South: Saints:10-6

Nfc West: Rams: 11-5

Nfc Wild cards: Falcons:10-6, Packers:10-6

NFC Champs: Vikings over Packers

Afc East: Pats: 11-5

Afc North: Steelers: 12-4

Afc South: Jags: 10-6

Afc West: Chargers: 12-4

Afc Wild cards:  Ravens: 9-7, Texans: 9-7

AFC Champs: Pats over Steelers

Superbowl 53: Vikings over Pats

NFC East:  (1) Eagles: 10-6, (2) Cowboys: 8-8, (3) Redskins: 7-9 (4) Giants: 6-10

So, if their predictions come true, Kirk wins a Superbowl. Dan Snyder would love that. :rofl89:

But hey, on the bright side for Snyder...if that came true we wouldn't finish last and we'd only be a game out of second. Not too shabby. 

In this league of parity, the Eagles winning 12+ again might be a tough ask. Only the Patriots do that consistently, although the Seahawks won 12+ back to back in their consecutive SB appearances, and the Broncos won 12+ four straight seasons with Manning. People might be correct that the Eagles might "drop off," but that could mean winning "only" 11 games instead of 13, which should still place them in solid position to win the division. But anything can happen.

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

In this league of parity, the Eagles winning 12+ again might be a tough ask. Only the Patriots do that consistently, although the Seahawks won 12+ back to back in their consecutive SB appearances, and the Broncos won 12+ four straight seasons with Manning. People might be correct that the Eagles might "drop off," but that could mean winning "only" 11 games instead of 13, which should still place them in solid position to win the division. But anything can happen.

I think that the Eagles sweep their divisional games this year. Their toughest non divisional games are against the Saints, Jags, Vikes and Rams.  I see them winning 2 or 3 of those 4.  I hate to say it, but their defense is for real.  I also think that their offensive approach is ahead of anybody in their division.

Archived