Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RV Bachelor Living (and the adventure of a lonesome Buzz)

TheGreatBuzz

5 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

I can't believe that winter has any more effect on your outside cooking than it does mine, twa.  I do forget that in other climates people have a season for it.  Foolishness.  Even in Jersey I had my grill outside the kitchen window on the fire escape.  Brush the snow off, good to go!

Well he is in Norfolk, my wife went up there and it snowed and stuff.....we break out the winter coats here when it hits sixty. :)

we cook outside here to save the AC.

19 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It must get lonely out on the road all by yourself... no companionship.

Especially on those cold winter nights... You could use a friend, couldn't you?

I'll be your friend Buzz... I'd be a very good friend.

Whoah! I just read this post and could see how there may have potentially been a misunderstanding from what I was actually trying to communicate. Just so everyone knows. I am not gay. I'm not.

edit: But $20 is $20. PM me.

6 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Whoah! I just read this post and could see how there may have potentially been a misunderstanding from what I was actually trying to communicate. Just so everyone knows. I am not gay. I'm not.

edit: But $20 is $20. PM me.

There was a reason I didnt respond.  

So after the slow, spotty wifi here almost gave me a stroke, I went to Verizon today and upgraded to unlimited data and bought a jetpack.  Now that I am back at my camper I am noticing that using the jetpack I'm getting awfully slow internet.  Sometime slower than if I just used my phone as a hotspot.  The salesman said that I should be able to do online gaming with a jetpack but that ain't happening.  Do you think something is wrong?  Should I just return the jetpack and use my phone?  Is there a benefit to a jetpack if it isn't any faster (and sometimes slower) than my phone hotspot?  I don't know a lot about technology so I could use some input here.  Thanks.

Hmmmm, you should have noticed improved speeds with the jetpack over your phone hotspot. Can you find out where the nearest cell tower is? That's probably a problem. You could get a signal booster. 

I belong to a group called Technomadia, doesn't cost much to join and this couple investigate all things technical for us on the road or boat. They have reviews of lots of different products and you can get a discount on some products through their site.

http://www.technomadia.com

I'm a member since they started. Lots of informative articles too. They sell a Mobile Handbook too, an updated version will be out soon I think I read.

• 2 weeks later...

Im getting ready to head out to sea Monday so I packed up the RV and dropped it off yesterday to get some work done while I am gone.  Lesson of the day, look at WHICH dealer you made appointment with since the same dealer may have several locations. You may end up driving a couple hours further than you need to.

:chair:

• 1 month later...

Been on leave down in Pensacola since Dec 29th.  Tomorrow Im driving back to Norfolk and am nervous to see how the RV fared through the cold.  I left the electric "fireplace" (no actual flame) on to help oit the furnance.  And left the furnace set at 52.  Hope the 40lb propane tank was able to keep the pipes from freezing.  But I worry Im going to have some work to do when I get back.  Hopefully the roads have been cleared by the time I get up there at least.

Good luck, it's been pretty cold here in Alexandria. The fireplace will have helped keep things warm enough. 

Right now I don't have any heat in my camper, I didn't run any water during the summer so it's still winterized from last year. I am going to use a couple of my water carriers while traveling to Austin.

• 2 weeks later...

So tonight I made chicken curry. Came out tasting pretty well. Unfortunately I caused a massive grease fire in the middle of it. Melted the front of my microwave and have black marks on the cabinet above the stove. My t-shirt actually caught on fire. All is well though. Fire was put out and I'm not hurt and finally getting to eat dinner. In the morning I'll assess the damage and figure out if I need to call my insurance company

20180118_182317.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I am now in my new apartment, didn't cook much in my camper. 

I did find an inexpensive place to store my camper close to my place. I have to move it by Thursday morning.

Im finding full time camper living enjoyable.  You may want to consider trying it.

Having to run the AC full time in TX was deafening. And I don't like being damp most of the time. 

Sometimes we find out things about ourselves that we never would have thought. I thought I could full time RV and after about a week I was ready to move into an apartment, which I did after two weeks. 

Archived