Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS ACTIVATE REED FROM PUP

TK

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

August 20, 2017

REDSKINS ACTIVATE REED FROM PUP

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster move:

The Redskins activated the following player from the Active/Physically Unable to Perform list:

TE Jordan Reed

9 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Great!

They activate him now that we are 0-2 in the preseason and the regular season is ****ing toast already.

Thanks a lot.

/sarcasm off ;) 

Good thing I read the bottom of this post, or I would have taken that seriously ;) ??

22 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

"We got the first two pillow fights out da way, now what?" - Smoot

Now they activate Reed and put a game plan together with the full receiving corp on the field.  This smells like it was the plan the whole time. 

Won't fix the run game. Without a capable run threat, the RZ will continue to be very difficult.

Reed better not play preseason games. I don't care if he is the majority of our offense and Kirks gonna be off until he's throwing to Reed. We start the season with the Eagles and the Rams. Eagles have nothing for a secondary. Easily one of the worst in the league. Rams isn't great either. Knock the rust off of those clowns, before we play two good teams.

40 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Reed better not play preseason games. I don't care if he is the majority of our offense and Kirks gonna be off until he's throwing to Reed. We start the season with the Eagles and the Rams. Eagles have nothing for a secondary. Easily one of the worst in the league. Rams isn't great either. Knock the rust off of those clowns, before we play two good teams.

Agree that Reed should not touch the field in preseason, I don't care how rusty the offense is looking. Do not tempt fate like that, its not worth it. Get the backup TE's more reps and call it a preseason, we know what Reed and Cousins can do and Reed isn't helping with the running game anyways, which is our biggest concern right now imo. 

Eagles, assholes that they are, did just trade an overrated scrub WR for a pretty good CB unfortunately, but the rest of their CB's are absolute garbage so essentially we agree here too. 

Rams have a totally overrated defense, but I do kinda worry what their front 7 will do to this OL, especially in the run game. If McVay can get that offense even above average in terms of controlling the clock with the running game, combined with their strengths on defense, that team will give us more trouble than they should...moreso than most bad teams usually do anyways, I mean. God we suck and sink to the level of all competition. 

3 hours ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Won't fix the run game. Without a capable run threat, the RZ will continue to be very difficult.

This is true.  I'd like to see Perine get a few chances at the short yardage and goal line rushes moving forward.  There's a good chance that our OL has been a little soft in the first two 'pillow fights'.  TW said that the OL was pissed with their effort after the 1st Q and were told second string was going in, but that they put their helmets on and stood ready to go on the field anyway, starting with TW leading them in.  This is quoted from TW post game interview. He said that you can't just break a rock with one hit and they wanted to go out and get the work in.  This is a good sign for an above average OL returning healthy and likely just starting slow.  As far as that goes with last year, they didn't rush well enough with this group to be proud.  Seems that the play calling is too predictable and teams basically stack them up at the line on first and second down...and they keep making the same calls.  The skins shouldn't be shy in Passing to set up the run.  It's who they are and it works.  Let's see what happens with the real Pre-Season game (#3).  Would really like to see Perine get some 1st team reps.  I think he has more upside then Fat Rob and the season long benefit of getting him going now will pay dividends in the RZ all year.

Archived