Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Madden 19 Thread (Xbox One, PS4 and PC)

28 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Well that I agree with that there should be laid out structure. But if someone can't make xx time but the other can and then one can make said time while the other cant...to me allowing one person to face the CPU and get a w  (well however good they may be) is one sided and would just Sim the game. At least that's how I view it and it could change with others. Now if someone willingly says hey I'm out of town I can't make it then that's when I'd say the person can play the CPU. But if there's just a schedule issue...and we are needing to advance, worst case scenario whoever team wins in a Sim is the go ahead. But it's why I said people need to be dedicated. Dedication (this ties in with sacrificing) and communication  (like if everybody was on this website we could PM, ETC) is the vital key to efficiently run a league. Of course, have grace with out the blue issues but allowing a league to get derailed for a week cause of one game that can't get played isn't gonna happen. Or should not happen should I say. 

You posted that if one person couldn't make it to sim the game, I was saying no to that and let the person that could play go against the CPU.  I took it to mean something different when schedules conflicted, I misread your post.  But I think there needs to be more time allowed to advance the games than every other day.  

Because I can honestly say that if I ran into other players (say it is 20+ people) and the vast majority have scheduling conflicts with me (due to it being limited to basically to 1-2 days (or 1.5 days depending what time its advanced), it would get very old and boring fast to sim the game instead of playing head to head, when that might have been a possibility if there was extended time to play before advancing.

I do agree that we can't wait on everyone and let it take an entire week.  But say one can play between 5-10pm Monday and Tuesday, other person works and can only play before noon or after 11pm those days, but on Wednesday, both are available or even Thursday, they get sim'd, kinda sucks.  In my PS4 league we communicate via email and it worked great.  Everyone has a smart phone now and if those who don't want to give out their main email address, they don't have to, just create a free one through yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc.  or your isp (I think I can have up to something crazy like 15 or 20 email accounts).  

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

That's what the problem was, not everyone in the league posted on here.  And unless we go outside ES, we don't have a lot of players/teams and you end up playing the CPU way too much, which is boring as hell, imo.  That and I was a ****ty commissioner :rofl89: 

I mean lets just play each other from here.  I dont care for actually setting up a league on xbox.  We can keep track of records and standings here

Just now, skinfan2k said:

I mean lets just play each other from here.  I dont care for actually setting up a league on xbox.  We can keep track of records and standings here

Sounds like a plan, we could even have tournaments/brackets too.  And we have a dedicated Fantasy Football and Madden forum under the Club Level Forums section.  We can start a thread in there to keep track so it keeps it separate, last post in there was Aug. 9th, 2017 and that is the only post from this year.  Before that one, the last post was August 25, 2016 lol.

They average like 1-2 posts per year.

19 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I know @Momma There Goes That Man and I had epic games in our PS4 leagues back in the day.  He's the person I played most on here.  We both would be tossing every play and the kitchen sink at each other and it always came down to the wire.   I will admit, that he has been the only player I've played that actually drove me to write down his offensive plays and the defense I picked one time.  So I could try to get that little edge that would favor me.  

Lol thanks Taze, thats one of the nicest things anyone's ever said about me. 

Those were some epic battles. I had always fun. 

I havent played hardly any of 17 tho so I'm rusty but I'd be down for trying to get a league going again on 18 tho. 

The trial is badass so far. 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Lol thanks Taze, thats one of the nicest things anyone's ever said about me. 

Those were some epic battles. I had always fun. 

I havent played hardly any of 17 tho so I'm rusty but I'd be down for trying to get a league going again on 18 tho. 

The trial is badass so far. 

I played two online ranked games last night, won one and lost the other.  I didn't have too many issues passing at all, exception being in the 2nd game when the defense picked forced me to scramble and I tried to force it in a tiny window, resulting in a few picks.  You could get away with that last year a lot better, and I don't really care about my W/L ratio so I was pushing to see what I could get away with instead of throwing it away.

Overall, I'm loving this years edition.  Gonna test out the MUT 3v3 tonight.

Just now, ixcuincle said:

Honestly what did they add new this year other than MUT Squads and Longshot? Franchise still look the same. You could always play as offense / defense / full head coach in 17. So that's not "new". 

I never play franchise, only connected franchises, so I don't know if anything has been done.  They added the 3 vs 3 online team play this year, through MUT, which should be real fun, imo.  I loved playing the 3 v 3 mode years ago.  With MUT, I think whomever is in control of offense it uses their MUT players and the same for defense.  

A buddy of mine were talking about one of us building nothing but offense and the other defense starting out so we could rock other teams early on.  Longshot looks pretty cool, not sure how much of that I'll play.  I think I read they were improving on Franchise mode with a story mode and making improvements/additions.  

The game mechanics are nice, very smooth.  Like every year, they feel the need to **** with the kicking meters and it just baffles me.  Like now at the top of the bar it's red, so if you go into that it screws your kick up.  I just wish they would leave kicking alone, they always have to screw with it every year.

I hear that. I might get it sooner just to join you all in a Connected Franchise game but I need to sort out my finances first. Online franchise play sounds good in theory. 

And I like that team work. ES team forms like Voltron and kicks everyone's ass. 

14 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I hear that. I might get it sooner just to join you all in a Connected Franchise game but I need to sort out my finances first. Online franchise play sounds good in theory. 

And I like that team work. ES team forms like Voltron and kicks everyone's ass. 

Connected Franchises is a full season where you pick a team, then you go through a 53 round draft and draft all your players, making it like a fantasy football draft, just at every position and back-ups.  Then you go through the off-season dealing with contracts, FA signings, etc., then preseason, then a 17 week season playing the schedule of the team you chose.  Then playoffs if you make it and finally Super Bowl.  Then it starts over for future seasons, in which the draft is the regular 7 round draft for rookies, which is always fun cause they have the funniest names.  Rinse/repeat.

The only way we would get to play on the same team with each other is the MUT squad mode.  And that would be awesome on here if we could get 6 of us and play 3 on 3.  Only thing is, not sure how many on here are into MUT.  

37 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

It is official that head coaxh in mut team play is absolutely useless.

I liked the original version, it was split up into three groupings to pick: 

QB/DL

RB/DB

WR/LB

Whoever controlled the QB/DL called all the plays on offense and made adjustments on the DL, RB/DB could adjust those position groups and WR/LB could hot route and called the defensive plays.  

Looks like this years its broken down into:  Offensive captain, defensive captain and head coach.  Where the offensive captain gets his MUT players for O and ST and calls plays and controls the QB and can play any player on defense, defensive captain gets his MUT players for D and calls all defensive plays and can play any position on D or O (except QB) and the head coach is in charge of time outs/penalties/challenges/etc. and can play any position on D and O (except QB).  

I mean, it would suck being HC all the time, but honestly, it's not a lot different than the OG version if you got stuck playing the RB/DB slot, you couldn't call any plays at all on either side of the ball.  At least they allow for the HC and D captains to play any position on defense and offense (except QB) this time around and not be slotted into only playing set position groups on both sides of the ball.

Best way to probably handle this game mode when playing with friends is to rotate between the three slots every game or day you get together to play.  Or just pair up with one friend, one focus' on just offense, the other defense, join the game together and let a random player join as HC.  That is what me and one of my buddies is planning.

All I know is, it was fun as hell back in the day (the OTP) and now it's MUT so I'm sure I'll have a blast playing it.  I remember joining a random game in Madden 11 one night and the other two guys were all about communication, so they agreed to let me QB and would switch off controlling the RB/DB and WR/LB slots to call defensive plays.  We slaughtered other teams.  Ended up friending each other and playing all the time, switching it up.  

5 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

The only way we would get to play on the same team with each other is the MUT squad mode.  And that would be awesome on here if we could get 6 of us and play 3 on 3.  Only thing is, not sure how many on here are into MUT.  

3v3 does make it sound better. I could get into this. I won't pay for any packs though, which i don't think you do either, right? 

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

3v3 does make it sound better. I could get into this. I won't pay for any packs though, which i don't think you do either, right? 

I didn't in Madden 16 or 17, went a little crazy the one before that though lol.  Would get drunk, hop on, get blasted by some dude with a 97 overall team to my 85 OVR lookin' ass, start buying packs :rofl89:

I got my MUT squad in Madden 17 to a 97 overall without paying for anything though.  With minimal effort.  Didn't play much MUT in 16 though, focused on just H2H and the league that year.

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I didn't in Madden 16 or 17, went a little crazy the one before that though lol.  Would get drunk, hop on, get blasted by some dude with a 97 overall team to my 85 OVR lookin' ass, start buying packs :rofl89:

I got my MUT squad in Madden 17 to a 97 overall without paying for anything though.  With minimal effort.  Didn't play much MUT in 16 though, focused on just H2H and the league that year.

haha alcohol induced MUT packs buying :rofl89:

I'd be down with any of the 3 players/roles with the 3v3 as you described above. That sounds like a lot of fun. I'd recommend not being the RB if i am QB, you know i never use them except on screen passes and max protect lol

59 minutes ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Nice, those all whites looking good too. Are you still on the EA Access trial?

---------

@Dont Taze Me Bro So played MUT some this weekend. What i don't understand is how everyone doesn't end up with virtually the same team? Unless you buy packs or players on the auction, all the challenges are the same so you'll always have the same level of unlocked players as everyone else right? 

Am I missing something?

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

---------

@Dont Taze Me Bro So played MUT some this weekend. What i don't understand is how everyone doesn't end up with virtually the same team? Unless you buy packs or players on the auction, all the challenges are the same so you'll always have the same level of unlocked players as everyone else right? 

Am I missing something?

Yeah, if you buy packs or go through the auction house then your team will vary.  As far as the MUT solo challenges and weekly challenges that give you players, then yes, those are the same for everyone.  They also have sets you can complete that result in giving you players too.  Completing sets can be hard too, especially for the elite players.  But you can have a unique team just by buying players off the auction house. 

Save up all your coin though, **** gets pricey on the Auction House for top tier players.  But it can be done without dropping a dime on buying packs.  

29 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yeah, if you buy packs or go through the auction house then your team will vary.  As far as the MUT solo challenges and weekly challenges that give you players, then yes, those are the same for everyone.  They also have sets you can complete that result in giving you players too.  Completing sets can be hard too, especially for the elite players.  But you can have a unique team just by buying players off the auction house. 

Save up all your coin though, **** gets pricey on the Auction House for top tier players.  But it can be done without dropping a dime on buying packs.  

Thanks. I've got like 14,000 just from the challenges so far. Went to the auction and saw people asking 35k coins just for 75-80 OVR players. (some good names so i assume they get upgraded but still) Also, when a player's contract says they have 40 games, that only counts when you play online head to head right? None of the challenges count toward that? 

And once their contracts are done, that's 100% it for them right? They're removed from your team?

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

---------

Am I missing something?

Still on the trial.  Dont know if im gonna pay $20 extra to get it 2 days early. I still have a few hours left.

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Thanks. I've got like 14,000 just from the challenges so far. Went to the auction and saw people asking 35k coins just for 75-80 OVR players. (some good names so i assume they get upgraded but still) Also, when a player's contract says they have 40 games, that only counts when you play online head to head right? None of the challenges count toward that? 

And once their contracts are done, that's 100% it for them right? They're removed from your team?

Contracts are consumed each time the player is used.  Once out you can add more and you can buy them off the auction house for coin too

Archived