Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Rookie Crush and Underdog thread

Burgold

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

If I remember correctly, they rotated Kerrigan out at times.  

They carried 6 dline last year.  I could certainly see keeping a 7th, but beyond that...

I have Allen, McClain and Lanier as the locks, McGee as very likely to retain, and Hood/Ioannidas as 'they're probably safe".  Hopefully we carry one of the true NTs, though I doubt we'd carry a backup as Hood/McGee/Ioannidas could fill that role and likely beat out other candidates.  

I think my ideal would be that Taylor and one of the other NTs look so good that they cut Hood (or McGee if he isn't working out). If the backup nose can be a part of the DT rotation in our nickel package, then even better.  

Manu always had a real NT right? One high pick for a while and rotated some fill ins for a few years, but he always had a rock in the middle. I guess the greek is the closest end to a tackle that we have, but hes not a nose.

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Manu always had a real NT right? One high pick for a while and rotated some fill ins for a few years, but he always had a rock in the middle. I guess the greek is the closest end to a tackle that we have, but hes not a nose.

That sounds right to me.  (I was just trying to distrupt TSO and SIP's convo)

McClain can play DT, right?  Hood and McGee (and Ioannidas) I'm totally unsure about.  

I'm thinking we most likely carry 7 dline with one of them being a full time NT (Taylor, Mbu, Francis or maybe even Pipkin), but I'd say there's a chance we go with 6 again and replace 1 of Hood/McGee/Ioannidas with one of the NT's.  

Draft crush is Sprinkle and Holsey!

Undrafted underdog I like is Smithson.   

I am am hoping for big things from Z Brown and wish he could have been teamed up with R Foster, J Davis or Z Cunningham. 

Also so would love for Sudfeld and Preston Smith to step it up.   

The NTs on the roster is disappointing to say the least.  I wish I could have a crush on one of them but I can't.  

No love for Fabian Moreau?

Physical press corner who is also 6'0" and runs a 4.35... and has soccer-like footwork.

He was considered a late 1st - 2nd till the injury. He has the physical skill set to become a really good corner if he's coached up right.

21 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

No love for Fabian Moreau?

Physical press corner who is also 6'0" and runs a 4.35... and has soccer-like footwork.

He was considered a late 1st - 2nd till the injury. He has the physical skill set to become a really good corner if he's coached up right.

Love Fabian.  He could be one our best picks in this entire draft. I was looking more at the lesser known guys. I agree, Moreau was a GREAT pick.  HTTR

Theres a bunch of guys like Moreau that I know nothing about and have no real grip on how I feel about them. Its weird. I hope they all pan out, but usually Im immediately attached to every pick and UDFA,  but not this year. Same with some of our FAs, but that might be the OYDs and still hoping back ups become starters. Strange off-season for me.

I'll be happy if Allen, Anderson, Perine, Sprinkle and Holsey pan out. Fish is my long shot, along with Davis. Some of these other guys just feel like fodder. I was excited about the center, until I saw his highlights.

I can easily see 3 + starters out of this draft.

Allen, Perine, and Moreau(once healthy). I think Anderson is a great asset, but will probably be hard for him to crack the starting nod consistently this year with Smith, Gallette and Murphy all pushing for time there.

Archived