Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Tournament Bracket

SkinsGuy

Your team of Jr's and Sr's had to fight from 5 down with to win by 2 against our young pups. 

And hell yes, I feel we should win EVERY freaking year! If you feel any different about your team then that's on you, we don't settle for complacency or mediocrity that's why Rupp Arena's rafters are lined with 8 National Championship banners.

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

So assuming you're around 80 years old, you've seen 61 years of unacceptable finishes?

I'll take you into some nursing homes here in Kentucky and the fans in there would definitely agree with that sentiment. There is one 10 min from me that has a four foot one of these painted on the wall.

Seriously, you guys on the East coast really do think we're exaggerating about UK basketball. Among the NCAA fanbases NONE compares to UK with average knowledge and passion. This is why every stadium we play in is turned into UK blue. It's why we call Atlanta, "Catlanta". It's why we turn opposing home stadiums into home court for us.

It's why Joe B. Hall (who is a Kentucky favorite) is considered an average UK coach. Tubby Smith moved from UK because he thinks that Sweet 16's and tournament appearances are the measure of success. So yeah, 61 unacceptable seasons sounds about right. 

2012uknclogo1.png

15 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I wonder if Kentucky might've won more titles if they hadn't waited until 1972 to allow black players.

Guess we could ask the same about the Redskins prior to 1961...if we wanted to pick at scabs and rehash the sins of our grandfathers.

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

Nope...still nothing. Just a two year blank. I'm pretty sure UK actually suspended the program for those two years. 

11 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

His record was 40-27.

...nadda...zilch...zip...no way a UK coach would ever have a .675 record, show up drunk to games, be an unmitigated embarassment to the program, be a basic stain on the Bluegrass, refuse to sign his contract, then demand full pay when he was fired, then get arrested for DUI while driving through Kentucky to his contract arbitration hearing. No way THIS dumbass was EVER a coach of the winningest program in NCAA Division I Men's Basketball.

I even heard this idiot wore Tennessee orange to his arraignment hearing. A UK basketball coach would have chose to stand naked before the judge rather than shame himself in Rockytop Orange.

w640-316eeb895ef6b696e67952a32f5c7843.jp

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

This is the NCAA thread.

I'm just demonstrating the irrelevancy of your question. Was UK late? Yes. Is that shameful? Yes. Were they alone? Hardly.

11 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Your team of Jr's and Sr's had to fight from 5 down with to win by 2 against our young pups. 

And hell yes, I feel we should win EVERY freaking year! If you feel any different about your team then that's on you, we don't settle for complacency or mediocrity that's why Rupp Arena's rafters are lined with 8 National Championship banners.

Of course I expect my team to win it all every single year.  I love how you left out that your team had to fight well into the second half just to even take a lead.  Anyhow, a win is a win.  Kentucky has a great team and beat us early in the year and we beat them when it counted most.  Though the early season loss still stings, I'll take this one over a regular season loss any day of the week.

LOL, four of those banners were before you and I were even born.  And I'm willing to bet that there is a good chance (though I don't know you) that you weren't even born or were too young to remember or hadn't moved out of DC yet (assuming you left at some point since your a Skins fan that lives in KY) when they won their 5th in 1978.  

I'll give the benefit of the doubt though, so in your lifetime and in my lifetime we have both enjoyed watching our teams win four national championships.  

9 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I'll take you into some nursing homes here in Kentucky and the fans in there would definitely agree with that sentiment. There is one 10 min from me that has a four foot one of these painted on the wall.

Seriously, you guys on the East coast really do think we're exaggerating about UK basketball. Among the NCAA fanbases NONE compares to UK with average knowledge and passion. This is why every stadium we play in is turned into UK blue. It's why we call Atlanta, "Catlanta". It's why we turn opposing home stadiums into home court for us.

It's why Joe B. Hall (who is a Kentucky favorite) is considered an average UK coach. Tubby Smith moved from UK because he thinks that Sweet 16's and tournament appearances are the measure of success. So yeah, 61 unacceptable seasons sounds about right. 

First, the fact that you think other fan bases cannot be equally passionate or knowledgeable is just a silly statement.  There are plenty of fan bases that are just as passionate about their team and have just as many knowledgeable fans as Kentucky does.  Now, I have no doubt in my mind how passionate KY fans are, I've met a few over the years.  

I can guarantee that no arena on Tobacco Road (Duke, UNC, NC State) gets turned into UK blue.  

Archived