Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Max's finger is my biggest concern. The Junkies this morning were saying Strasburg's elbow is about to blow...

What evidence is there to that or is it just typical Junkies BS?

Tan The Man pitched a gem yesterday. Crazy he's our 3rd best SP. He's an Ace for most teams.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

What evidence is there to that or is it just typical Junkies BS?

Tan The Man pitched a gem yesterday. Crazy he's our 3rd best SP. He's an Ace for most teams.

Typical Junkies BS. But, hey, at least they acknowledged the Nats existence.

Yay, USA. Glad they won. If they lost, I couldn't have cared less.

Leyland sat on his ass, smoked his Marlboros, and just acted like he was still in the Springfield Retirement Castle. Nolan Arenado was secretly replaced by Danny Espinosa, K'd 9 times in 26 ABs, yet played everyday. Meanwhile Murphy, Josh Harrison, and Alex Bregmann got 6, 5, and 4 ABs a piece. Ian Kinsler, prior to last night was almost as bad. Yet, played every day. McCutheon had a big hit, but his OPS was .412.  You're telling me he couldn't work those three guys in for players who aren't doing ****?

This is a very strong case why the DH sucks. Jim Leyland didn't do a goddamned thing. He just sat there, and "won" the championship. The reality of the situation is: they were only in that game was a very good fielder for Japan got a bad hop in ****ty conditions. Otherwise, they would have lost to Japan--with a lineup that struck out 12 times. 12. But, hey, why would you use a player with a career 11.8% K-rate (and runner up MVP)?

29 minutes ago, STBonecrusher21 said:

Fedde lookin like a bulldog you want in a SP. 

Never saw it in Giolito, who was more of a poodle. 

I try not to put too much stock in Spring Training--but I love seeing him stifle the Mets' regulars!

Baseball America on Fedde:

Erick Fedde, rhp, Nationals. Washington’s No. 2 prospect—following the trades of Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo Lopez—Fedde has made an impression on manager Dusty Baker. “He’s one of the guys at the very top of the list in case something happens,” Baker told reporters. Fedde pitched five scoreless innings against a very representative Mets lineup, allowing just two hits and striking out three. Fedde was aggressive with his fastball, and has worked on improving his tempo this spring, working with pitching coach Mike Maddux.
Read more at http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/baseball-america-prospect-report-march-24/#XeqxcoSRmV0fzov9.99

Archived