Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help One Of Our Own ES Members

Huly

DocSandy is an ES original.  She is an ES tailgater and one of our original ES Send off Welcome home Crew.  She has always helped others so I felt it fitting to share this with the rest of our ES family as she is in need of help.

http://www.gofundme.com/x442q6n7

"No, I don't have cancer.  I don't have a terminal illness.  I hate asking for help.  I've gone the route of personal loans, home equity loans, major medical insurance, etc., allto no avail.  I have to have all my teeth extracted for medical reasons.  Because of that, they can't do it under local because the epinephrine in the local can affect my blood pressure.  The estimate for the extractions and dentures is in the realm of $8000.  Every oral surgeon I've contacted wants money up front before they'll do it under sedation, which is what I require (and thus the high cost).  I hate asking for help, but this is a situation that if I continue having these abscesses and the infection gets in my bloodstream (it did the first time and went to my leg), it could end up in my heart, my brain, my spinal cord, my kidneys.  I've lost 270 pounds. I've worked too hard to get healthy to have this situation affect my health and what I can physically do.  Thank you for reading, thank you for your support, whether it be monetary or emotionally.  If you can help, wonderful, if you can't, that's okay.  I don't expect anything. "

So if you are in a postion to help please do and if not please send her thoughts & prayers!

I'm a little surprised this only jumped up a tiny bit, at least from when I first saw it, after being posted here. Been sitting on the same amount for quite a while now.

It's tough raising money on Go Fund Me or similar sites. I set a goal of $3000 for a family that was going to be evicted without help at XMas last year, and I had to nag and plead for 30 days to reach that goal. Pierre Garcon donated $500 anonymously for me and I am even wondering if he didn't do it again for Sandy...  But yeah, if every one would pitch in just a couple bucks we'd get her the help she needs. We are promoting on my site as well.

It's tough raising money on Go Fund Me or similar sites. I set a goal of $3000 for a family that was going to be evicted without help at XMas last year, and I had to nag and plead for 30 days to reach that goal. Pierre Garcon donated $500 anonymously for me and I am even wondering if he didn't do it again for Sandy...  But yeah, if every one would pitch in just a couple bucks we'd get her the help she needs. We are promoting on my site as well.

I give donations to a lot of people on this site.  This site doesn't give to a lot of people.  I haven't donated to this effort yet because in general not many members here really care.

Me too as she is an ES original!

Maybe she could research some dental schools? Many dental schools offer free/ low cost  dental care so students can get experience. 

http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/oralhealth/PopularPublications/FindingLowCostDentalCare/

National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research

National Oral Health Information Clearinghouse

1 NOHIC Way Bethesda, Maryland 20892–3500

1–866–232–4528

• 3 weeks later...

What are we about?

Helping each other?  I hope so. An awesome ES and BGO member needs some help. There are thousands of members of both sites - let's show our generosity and take care of one of our own.

https://www.gofundme.com/x442q6n7?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cta_button&utm_campaign=upd_n#

If you can donate, please do. If you can't, share this link on Twitter, Facebook, at work, wherever you can. 

This is a great Redskins fan community. Let's help a fellow member and Skins fan. None of us ever know when we will need a helping hand.

Make it happen!

Archived