Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bring back Ross Tucker as Skins team president in 2015

Riggo-toni

I doubt many here remember Ross Tucker. He was an UDFA OG signed by Schotferbrains who bounced around several teams and had his last player stint in 2007 here before he was cut. Not a great football player to say the least, but he is extremely intelligent with a degree from Princeton. He left on good terms with Snyder, joking that he had been fired from more jobs in his first 6 years than anyone else from Princeton. He still has work in football, dividing his time between analysis on ESPN and as a motivational speaker.

Gruden deserves more time, even if we have another 3-13 season, but I would like a house cleaning of our FO. Give Tucker the same responsibilities that former Skin Mark Murphy has in GB. Have him hire a new GM, and then let that GM decide on new coaching hires.

I'm just as sober now as I was in 2007 when I started a thread on here that Cerrato should be moved to a ceremonial figurehead post and Scott Campbell should be put in charge of personnel. I aslo started a controversial thread that I got repeatedly mocked for just before the 2012 draft when I said we needed to draft 2 QBs because RG3 might not last a season.

Same kind of thinking that got Matt Millen a job right? 

On another note, I heard Bart Scott talk some football this morning on Tiki Barber's radio show, I could listen to that man all day. He's so knowledgeable ... gave great insight on like 5 different teams. 

Our team was worse than an expansion team when Bruce Allen came on board.  We had a ton of dead cap, fewer draft picks to start with, and hardly anybody on the roster worth keeping.  We're now in better shape than an expansion team in its second or third year.  We have a quarterback (almost every team argues whether their quarterback should be the guy), and our drafts will be normal from now on.  We spent a lot to get Griffin, but you never know.  He may end up being worth it.  Nobody thought Eli Manning was worth it for those first few years, but two Super Bowls don't lie.  Special teams is still struggling, but it's no longer a joke.  Replace Haslett with Rex Ryan, and we've got ourselves an interesting situation.

Archived