Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

He reminds me so much of Anquan with how strong he is with the ball. He'll have a strong and healthy career in the NFL

I fully think he could start year one with no questions asked.

I was thinking a poor man's andre johnson. For such a large guy I don't recall seeing moncrief run across the middle, but I don't see many negatives about him beyond that.

Well Bruce said there would be a change in the type of players they targeted moving forward. 

I think we can add underclassmen that aren't potential boy scouts to the list for one thing, provided the potential and talent is there. 

Yeah, we need to start getting some guys w/ attitude like SEA. Enough of this "team captain, good citizen" stuff.

Well Bruce said there would be a change in the type of players they targeted moving forward. 

I think we can add underclassmen that aren't potential boy scouts to the list for one thing, provided the potential and talent is there. 

I really don't think that is all who Shanahan was targeting.  I brought it up numerous times before the 2013 draft saying it wasn't out of the realm of possibility that we drafted seniors just because each draft is MOSTLY seniors past round 1, and sure enough we draft Amerson in round 2 that year, and he wasn't a goody two shoes.

I don't know if drafting will change that much.  I still don't think we'd jump on Vontaze Burfict or similar characters in future drafts.

I'm awful with Comparisons really, but that one has stuck with me a while when watching him play. 

You mean the comparison that the commentators made lol

http://httr24-7.com/draft/draft-prospect-series-dominique-easley/

New Draft Prospect Series post on one of my favorites Dominique Easley 

He reminds me a little of JJ Watt as he just completely blows up some plays and has that elite "get off" when the ball is snapped. I think he falls to the 3rd or 4th, the real question is, if we are sitting there in the 3rd with a chance to draft him, do we?

I just had a draft of:

Round 2 Pick 2: Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State (B+)

Round 3 Pick 2: Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (A-)

Round 4 Pick 2: Bryan Stork, C, Florida State (A)

Round 5 Pick 2: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers (A)

Round 6 Pick 2: Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech (A)

Round 7 Pick 2: De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon (C+)

I'd take that in a heartbeat.

I'm not sure how they gave you a C+ for drafting De'Anthony Thomas in the 7th.  I would be ecstatic if we picked him up that late, even if we only used him as a returner.

I'm not sure how they gave you a C+ for drafting De'Anthony Thomas in the 7th.  I would be ecstatic if we picked him up that late, even if we only used him as a returner.

Exactly!  Perhaps they think we have an overabundance at rb, but I definitely wouldn't have him run more than once or twice a game (likely on wr arounds anyways).  He would be a returner and maybe spend some time developing as a receiver.  He would make bubble screens deadly and could possibly become a really good slot receiver.

He reminds me a little of JJ Watt as he just completely blows up some plays and has that elite "get off" when the ball is snapped. I think he falls to the 3rd or 4th, the real question is, if we are sitting there in the 3rd with a chance to draft him, do we?

I dunno, I don't see the Watt in Easley at all.  When you compare him to Donald or Sutton he just doesn't play with the great hand use that those two have and he'll get washed out of the play too often for my tastes.  I don't see the hyperbole of him being one of the greats at defensive tackle.  Watch Watt's college tape and you'll see what I mean, he manhandled offensive linemen constantly.

I just had a draft of:

Round 2 Pick 2: Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State (B+)

Round 4 Pick 2: Bryan Stork, C, Florida State (A)

Round 5 Pick 2: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers (A)

Round 6 Pick 2: Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech (A)

Round 7 Pick 2: De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon (C+)

I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Yes I would too. I don't care for the points/grades assigned on that site because any pick that is taken a round early (based on pre draft grades) gets a bad grade when sometimes it turns out well, so I just play it for fun and ignore the points/grades and just see which specific players I can get on the Redskins.

Your Picks:

Your Picks:

Round 2 Pick 2: Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State (B-)

Round 4 Pick 2: Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee ©

Round 5 Pick 2: Gabe Ikard, C, Oklahoma (B)

Round 6 Pick 2: Charles Leno, OT, Boise State (B+)

Round 7 Pick 2: L'Damian Washington, WR, Missouri (A)

Exactly!  Perhaps they think we have an overabundance at rb, but I definitely wouldn't have him run more than once or twice a game (likely on wr arounds anyways).  He would be a returner and maybe spend some time developing as a receiver.  He would make bubble screens deadly and could possibly become a really good slot receiver.

I dunno, I don't see the Watt in Easley at all.  When you compare him to Donald or Sutton he just doesn't play with the great hand use that those two have and he'll get washed out of the play too often for my tastes.  I don't see the hyperbole of him being one of the greats at defensive tackle.  Watch Watt's college tape and you'll see what I mean, he manhandled offensive linemen constantly.

Watt and Easly both have great explosiveness and speed off the line, they both have insane strength and are excellent pass rushers. In college, Watt might have better size but had Easly not torn his acl he wouldve been a top 15 pick. 

1. I actually had been talking that comparison before with some others not on this website.

2. I highly doubt he ends up 3rd-4th. Tank Carradine was injured and still went 2nd round to SF 

1. I actually had been talking that comparison before with some others not on this website.

2. I highly doubt he ends up 3rd-4th. Tank Carradine was injured and still went 2nd round to SF 

Tank Carradine didnt tear both ACLs and has better measurables than Easly. If he gets to the 3rd we need to jump on that like flies on ****.

Tank Carradine didnt tear both ACLs and has better measurables than Easly. If he gets to the 3rd we need to jump on that like flies on ****.

Tank Carradine 6'4 276

Dominique Easley 6'2 280

Better measurables? Sure maybe 2 inches. I'm also aware of what Carradine did, my point is though you're looking at someone who was injured and still got drafted in the 2nd round. Teams will gamble on guys even if they're injured. McGahee shredded his knee and still went in the 1st round. 

Watt and Easly both have great explosiveness and speed off the line, they both have insane strength and are excellent pass rushers. In college, Watt might have better size but had Easly not torn his acl he wouldve been a top 15 pick. 

Easley has great explosiveness, but I'm not sure about the strength part.  He gets tied up on blockers often enough and just doesn't have the hand use to shed blocks with it alone.  There's a reason Watt had more tfl his last year than Easley has had in his career, they aren't comparable as prospects imo.

Going way back he reminds me of rod coleman, which I believe would be his ceiling.  Coleman was a dang good 3 tech when healthy.

If he declares, I'd love to run 2TE sets as our base with Niklas. If he declares, this is such a deep TE class that he could fall to the 3rd. Reed could alternate between being the move TE and the slot WR while Niklas play the in-line TE position, he'd be such a monstrous mis-match to take advantage of.

It also gives McVay someone else to develop if he sticks around (and I have a hunch he might, any HC would want him on staff), and we've had so much more success developing TE's than WR's that it just seems smart to make that behemoth mis-match at receiver be a mid-round TE than a 2nd round WR like Benjamin.

This type of smart value pick of an athletic H/W/S freak is exactly the type of pick I'd love to see our FO make. It also acts as kind of an insurance policy if Reed (god forbid) has a shortened career due to concussions.

There's some good ILB's in this class. For GB I'd think Shayne Skov would be a good fit there. Stephon Tuitt maybe as a 3-4 DE if you're going that route too

I think tuitt will end up a lot like Tyson jackson. Solid contributor but not quite the beast he looked like in college. He's doesn't have an elite first step, but he's got good agility. I think he was helped a lot by nix.

Does anyone think we might be able to trade into the first round by say trading our second this year and our first next year?

Either way the result would be the same, two firsts in four years.  I'm thinking someone in the high teens or low 20s.  Someone might make the trade hoping we'll suck again and they'll get a high pick.

There's some good ILB's in this class. For GB I'd think Shayne Skov would be a good fit there. Stephon Tuitt maybe as a 3-4 DE if you're going that route too

Doing a little reading and film-study on Skov has me intrigued, but not sold. He looks like a strong tackler with good instincts. At the same time, he seems to tackle high which could be troublesome against NFL power-backs. I've noticed he isn't used much in coverage, which makes him a two-down backer, and I've got some questions on his ability to close off the edge. The biggest problem the Packers have had in run-defense this season has been RBs bouncing runs to the outside on us, so I'd like to see someone with the range to close that off.

Can you give a quick scouting-report on Tuitt? Only thing I've read about him is that he's this draft's JJ Watt. He certainly has some size to him at around 6'6" ~310. How does he hold up against the run? We've got 4 run-stuffers set for UFA this offseason, including all of our base 3-4 starters in Jolly, Raji, and Pickett. Also, with that height, is he good at getting his hands up and batting passes at the line? We're probably set for pass-rushers on the D-line between Mike Daniels, Jerel Worthy, and Datone Jones.

Does anyone think we might be able to trade into the first round by say trading our second this year and our first next year?

I'll take that trade :)

Archived