Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LA Haters need to calm down.

Waleo32

Like I said you can't compare the two. Marcus Washington is playing healthy, LA's not. I mean hell Tiki Barber was better than Edge when Edge was hurt, but that doesn't mean he's a better back when both are healthy.

That means it's ok for him to run and scream to the papers and radio? Hell, Sean Taylor may go to jail next year (albeit not likely) and is still more worried about how to fit into this Defense and make plays within its structure than whining and moaning.

Marcus has performed, LaVar hasn't. Ultimately, that's the bottom line.

He did but wasn't he complaining most of last year though?

After the Cleveland game. Notice that was the only time you heard him say anything about the schemes, playcalling or whatever. Coles had a childish outburst the day after the Minnesota game last year and directed everyone to "talk to his agent" if they had questions.

This is is how much for LaVar now... ?

He did but wasn't he complaining most of last year though?

I definitely wouldn't say MOST. I remember the comments about how defenses were calling the plays (that was CP, right?). After that, I don't think we heard much from CP. Also, there's no doubt that players talk to the media and say things inappropriate. However, they are warned once it happens. I'm sure Lavar has been warned over and over and over again. He just doesn't care.

I got one for ya also concerning his health.

IN 2004 season.. during his injury and missing most of the season. Coaches wanted to treat the situation right and let the star player heal and come back right. but what does the STAR player do. HE goes off and tell the media the SKINS and coaches are holding him back. And looked what happen. He ended up getting injured worse and the same injury that has lingered through this season.

So the whole thing is this. NO one seem to win with LA. how ironic.

Sorry to tell you Ramsey is the exception to the rule. No body period handles that better than Ramsey. So Joe Montana must have been a punk to because it was well know that he didn't agree with the benching. He wasn't quite about it. But hey Joe's a cry baby. Some of us are getting ahead of ourselves.

I seem to recall off the top of my head Troy Aikman, Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Mark Rypien, Tiki Barber, Warrick Dunn, and Phillip Rivers, all in the last 15-17 years getting benched in favor of other, lesser lights and not making a stink out of it. It ain't just Ramsey.

I don't know much about Rivers, but as for the rest they're universally regarded as classy professionals, and many of them are either in the HoF or headed there, or else were MVP's of important games or All Pro's, if not all of the above. Lavar's not in their class.

After the Cleveland game. Notice that was the only time you heard him say anything about the schemes, playcalling or whatever. Coles had a childish outburst the day after the Minnesota game last year and directed everyone to "talk to his agent" if they had questions.

This is is how much for LaVar now... ?

CP complained more than once. He even snapped at B Mitch. It doesn't matter because some of you just want the dude of out town. Some of you are right to a degree that he should know when to talk. Like this comment right here you cuz out of town. Because if you said CP complained once then we should already know where you stand.

CP complained more than once. He even snapped at B Mitch. It doesn't matter because some of you just want the dude of out town. Some of you are right to a degree that he should know when to talk. Like this comment right here you cuz out of town. Because if you said CP complained once then we should already know where you stand.

In CP's defense of the B Mitch incident....Didn't Mitchell call him out?

As for wanting LA out of town....Did anyone want him out of town prior to this year? Honestly, anyone? He just won't shut up. It's really that simple. If he would handle his business within the organization, nobody would say anything about him. Why can't he just shut up?

CP complained more than once. He even snapped at B Mitch. It doesn't matter because some of you just want the dude of out town.

He did not publicly complain more than once. That's just plain wrong. It was one time right after the Cleveland game. He took his medicine, kept on fighting and look where he is now. LaVar could learn from that, but won't.

Portis snapped at Mitchell because Mitchell said he (Portis) had no heart. That has nothing to do with playcalling, the team or whatever. Don't try to make up stuff just to support whatever point you're trying to present.

I seem to recall off the top of my head Troy Aikman, Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Mark Rypien, Tiki Barber, Warrick Dunn, and Phillip Rivers, all in the last 15-17 years getting benched in favor of other, lesser lights and not making a stink out of it. It ain't just Ramsey.

I don't know much about Rivers, but as for the rest they're universally regarded as classy professionals, and many of them are either in the HoF or headed there, or else were MVP's of important games or All Pro's, if not all of the above. Lavar's not in their class.

Big Difference. Troy Aikmen age and health, Marcus Allen was old, Steve Young benched for who.... must have been age... , Mark Rypien enough said, Tiki Barber didn't like benching he spoke about it. Phillip Rivers is playing behind a probowler. Again the situation is totally different. Like I said it's Ramsey. Before you pick any player break down the circumstances. Don't just say this that and the other.

He did not publicly complain more than once. That's just plain wrong. It was one time right after the Cleveland game. He took his medicine, kept on fighting and look where he is now. LaVar could learn from that, but won't.

Portis snapped at Mitchell because Mitchell said he (Portis) had no heart. That has nothing to do with playcalling, the team or whatever. Don't try to make up stuff just to support whatever point you're trying to present.

Ok then you're better suited to say how will LA react next year. Because CP had a year to get over it.

I don't think his ability on the field is in question. I certainly don't want to see him cut. However, I DO want to see a TEAM FIRST mentality out of him. If he's not capable of performing such a feat, I don't think he'll be here much longer. Joe Gibbs has encircled himself with "team guys". If Lavar doesn't want to get off the "me first" bus and join his teammates, he'll be finished in Washington. I hope he smartens up.
Exactly :applause:

Lavar, in my view, is a relic of the "star system" mentality perpetuated by the Skins of the pre Gibbs-2 era..... he is troubled by or incapable of adapting to the "team system" that Gibbs demands. His actions (isolated Rocky-posing on the field, ill-timed dirty-laundry-in-public interviews) indicate, to me, that he is still playing to the fans and not playing for the fans.

He may have just played his "fans love me" card for the last time.

Hope he finds his on-field "mojo" big-time or he'll end up with "mo'Joe" than he can handle.

i dont see where this embarrasses the organization. it is just that he has some personal disputes with FO.

Embarrasment? not likely, fans making it more of a big deal than it is... very likely.

lets just focus on philly.

Thank you!!!!! :notworthy

You know what's coming back to me right now? The memory that there was only one player who was cool to the idea of Joe Gibbs coming back to coach the 'Skins. That player was Lavar Arrington. To him, it was just another coaching change, even though other guys who'd been through just as much with the team like Jansen and Samuels were all excited.

I remember wondering at the time why it was that Lavar was so lukewarm, but I have a theory now. Either consciously or unconsciously, the changeover in coaches and defensive schemes has allowed Lavar to blame his lack of discipline on coaching rather than himself. He could even to a large degree question the credentials of those same coaches. Not anymore.

The truth is that Lavar has been exposed as just one more guy who has phenomenal athletic talent, but who has relied almost exclusively on that athleticism rather than his work ethic and dedication to his team and to the game to succeed.

We for the last two years have had a side-by-side comparison of two guys who are just as athletically gifted compared to the others around them - even at the NFL level they are head and shoulders athletically above other players: Lavar and Sean Taylor. The difference? Taylor works his butt off to become more disciplined and play within the scheme. He's even admitted mistakes such as missing the offseason work and says he'll be there next year. Lavar just finds more reasons to excuse his underachieving self, and those other reasons inevitably involve other people.

wow.

I would only add that Lavar... at least to me... sums up everything that had plagued this franchise pre-Joe Gibbs. All talent, no heart and no brains.

Ok then you're better suited to say how will LA react next year. Because CP had a year to get over it.

The Cleveland game was early last season. CP has worked ever since then, including last year, to increase his production in the Offense. Not just this year. What has Sybil Arrington ever done to indicate the same kind of turnaround? You think everything's warm and cozy, the 'Skins win four in a row and are on the verge of the playoffs, then BAM!!! Dude has an interview like this two days after their biggest win as a team.

He has given zero indication he will do what it takes to turn it around. Zilch. Nada. Niente.

Big Difference. Troy Aikmen age and health, Marcus Allen was old, Steve Young benched for who.... must have been age... , Mark Rypien enough said, Tiki Barber didn't like benching he spoke about it. Phillip Rivers is playing behind a probowler. Again the situation is totally different. Like I said it's Ramsey. Before you pick any player break down the circumstances. Don't just say this that and the other.

Marcus Allen was not old when Al Davis was messing with his career - he was in his prime. Troy Aikman - the top pick in the draft - was benched in favor of Steve Walsh! Rypien was stuck behind Doug Williams when it was clear Rypien was the future and Williams was done. Learn your history. Those players are professionals.

You, like Lavar, are better at coming up with excuses than you are with justification. Sorry, but it's not flying.

Lavar's a big baby, not a professional who respects anything about his team and the game he plays.

What is the first thing that Joe Gibbs said to the team last year? If you don't want to be on this team, come see me, and we'll see what we can do. Who spoke up? Who'd we get in a trade? If Lavar has issues with his role on the team, all he had to do was speak with a coach. Instead, he wanted THEM to come to HIM. They owed him. Why did they owe him anything but a paycheck?

Riggins was DEFINITELY a prima donna. No doubt. But aside from making an ass of himself in public, did he really go running to the media about the Redskins' organization and how they are screwing him over (honestly, I have no idea if he did)? I always figured he was too busy hitting on Supreme Court Justices and relieving himself in the White House. :laugh:

LA and PR are both still collecting a paycheck. Nowhere in their contracts does it stipulate that they must start. PR handled the situation with class, which may just be an indication of his superior intellect since he knows he'll be on the trading block and doesn't want to be labelled a "cancer". Lavar inviting a reporter to his home a week before the biggest game of the year to air the organization's dirty laundry DOES IN FACT show his "me first" mentality. He didn't have to do it this week. He could've waited. Even if this interview had no impact on the team, why risk it?

When Gibbs came back and asked if you didn't want to be here did he point at Lavar and say oh by the way you'll be riding the pine and you need to quit whinning about your 6.5million Danny boy is getting pissed. Probably not.

Also I don't think Mr Cooke ran his organization the way Danny boy runs his, he put Lavar on this pedestal and made a lot of money doing it. More #56 jerseys sold than any other player in the league, at one time probably not now.

Then JG comes in and doesn't play that prodigal son crap and Lavar's world comes tumbling down. Not once did he bash the organazation when Danny was going through coaches like he does a box of cigars, because even then he was the face of the team. JG comes in with a team first mentality, rightfully so, and Lavar's the odd man out. Danny created this monstrosity and now he want's to turn his back on it and hopes it goes away.

Definitely think we would be seeing a totally different player if he would have had a coach like JG or Marvin Lewis his entire career. Hall of Famer possibly.

Exactly, as if Patrick Ramsey being benched for an old veteran who prior to the season had played AWFUL the prior year and had an okay preseason against backups and scrubs is equateable to Phillip Rivers being benched for Drew Brees who beat him out in a preseason competition and then went on to the Pro Bowl. Not to mention Rivers was a rookie in his first year and Brees was the incumbent. In this case, Ramsey was the incumbent and was replaced twice by a veteran with no history to the team. It has all panned out, but to try to downplay the situation is somewhat rediculous.

When Gibbs came back and asked if you didn't want to be here did he point at Lavar and say oh by the way you'll be riding the pine and you need to quit whinning about your 6.5million Danny boy is getting pissed. Probably not.

Also I don't think Mr Cooke ran his organization the way Danny boy runs his, he put Lavar on this pedestal and made a lot of money doing it. More #56 jerseys sold than any other player in the league, at one time probably not now.

Then JG comes in and doesn't play that prodigal son crap and Lavar's world comes tumbling down. Not once did he bash the organazation when Danny was going through coaches like he does a box of cigars, because even then he was the face of the team. JG comes in with a team first mentality, rightfully so, and Lavar's the odd man out. Danny created this monstrosity and now he want's to turn his back on it and hopes it goes away.

Definitely think we would be seeing a totally different player if he would have had a coach like JG or Marvin Lewis his entire career. Hall of Famer possibly.

I hear you, but LA is a grown man, and he must be responsible for his actions. But, I do see your point. Good post.

The Cleveland game was early last season. CP has worked ever since then, including last year, to increase his production in the Offense. Not just this year. What has Sybil Arrington ever done to indicate the same kind of turnaround? You think everything's warm and cozy, the 'Skins win four in a row and are on the verge of the playoffs, then BAM!!! Dude has an interview like this two days after their biggest win as a team.

He has given zero indication he will do what it takes to turn it around. Zilch. Nada. Niente.

Ok like I said see how LA reacts in Philly! He'll have a chip on his shoulder. I'm not going predict any gaudy numbers, but he'll have his impact. Then the board will put up positive LA comments, then certain LA haters will hibernate. I just think some of you all don't like the dude. It's understand people hated Champ. I didn't until he said he didn't want to be here. LA wants to be here. But people hate, it happens. I understand people want LA to be a good little house boy right. I feel you. When cuz is ghost and he has that LA year people will say damn. I'll just be angry as hell. But some of y'all will say "Damn we had that dude".

I honestly think the best thing for Lavar to do is restructure his contract to help the team and get on board the Super Bowl train. This team will make it to the big show under JG and Lavar needs to get on board while the gettins good. I just hope he sees that before it's too late.

It was more than no heart sir. B Mitch said a lot he said he was patient, not a Joe Gibbs Back, do want anymore. I know what I'm talking about. Portis was complaining about how the line isn't a smash mouth line we need to this that and above. Hell we need to stop running counters and zone block. I mean what else do you want?

I honestly think the best thing for Lavar to do is restructure his contract to help the team and get on board the Super Bowl train. This team will make it to the big show under JG and Lavar needs to get on board while the gettins good. I just hope he sees that before it's too late.

I think he should consider restructing his contract.

Archived