Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LA Haters need to calm down.

Waleo32

It was more than no heart sir. B Mitch said a lot he said he was patient, not a Joe Gibbs Back, do want anymore. I know what I'm talking about. Portis was complaining about how the line isn't a smash mouth line we need to this that and above. Hell we need to stop running counters and zone block. I mean what else do you want?

Portis said he wasn't Jamal Lewis. That has nothing to do with Mitchell. Mitchell called him out and said he had no heart. That had nothing to do with the plays. The staff told Portis to have faith and now look. Portis turned it around and look how he's running. Look what he can do. He's by far a better all-around back than in Denver, even if his yardage isn't the same.

LaVar has shown no sign of being able to turn it around. He says everything's fine & dandy, then he gives this absurd interview (Monday) and has the nerve to say (last night on Comcast) that he thought this was all behind us.

WTF?!?!??

That is why his jersey should now say "Sybil" instead of Arrington.

He was much happier being the face of a losing team and has shown no sign of ditching this "me first" attitude while everyone else has learned to play as a team.

I have always been a LaVar fan when he is on the field. But I often find myself having to force myself to agree with the decisions that he makes off of the field.

LaVar on the field has the talent of making the most simple tackles look brutal. He doesn't just tackle by bringing/taking the ball carrier down, LaVar man-handles and forces the ball carrier to the ground so quickly that it most always looks like he is body slamming his opponent. However, some of the moves that he makes with regards to the media have left me exhausted from trying to defend his actions and words to people who think that he is a cancer and a detriment to the team. By once again inviting the press into his home and solely talking about himself is just a move that I am not going to defend. Although I am a huge LaVar Arrington fan, let's not get it twisted, I am an even bigger and first and for most a Washington Redskins fan. This was a poor topic and very very poor timing for alot of what was said to be said.

I think that along with the great practices that LaVar was having and much reformed attitude, the fact that he would only speak to the press about the Redskins and the positive steps that they are making each week AS A TEAM is what got him back onto the field. Now that some of these quotes were made, it will be interesting to see if LaVar will continue to start as weak side LB. Half of me wants to believe that LaVar invited the press into his home to discuss the team and its chances this week against the Eagles, but the other half of me can't help but think that OMG, here he goes again!

Portis said he wasn't Jamal Lewis. That has nothing to do with Mitchell. Mitchell called him out and said he had no heart. That had nothing to do with the plays. The staff told Portis to have faith and now look. Portis turned it around and look how he's running. Look what he can do. He's by far a better all-around back than in Denver, even if his yardage isn't the same.

LaVar has shown no sign of being able to turn it around. He says everything's fine & dandy, then he gives this absurd interview (Monday) and has the nerve to say (last night on Comcast) that he thought this was all behind us.

WTF?!?!??

That is why his jersey should now say "Sybil" instead of Arrington.

He was much happier being the face of a losing team and has shown no sign of ditching this "me first" attitude while everyone else has learned to play as a team.

You can spin it all you want last year CP wasn't the typical team guy. This year he is. Don't spin it for you're argument. I like the new CP. But basically lets go back to LA, so you're basing LA showing you nothing on an injuried LaVar!!! Basically an injuried LaVar isn't showing you any promise. I feel you!!! :rolleyes:

You can spin it all you want last year CP wasn't the typical team guy. This year he is. Don't spin it for you're argument. I like the new CP. But basically lets go back to LA, so you're basing LA showing you nothing on an injuried LaVar!!! Basically an injuried LaVar isn't showing you any promise. I feel you!!! :rolleyes:

I'm not spinning it. You were the one who brought up Portis and made it sound like he constantly complained about things, when that wasn't even close to the truth. Then you made Brian Mitchell calling him out to be anything other than it was.

I basically said he shut his mouth, put his head to the grindstone and now look what he's doing. LaVar seems incapable of that. You don't like that, but both things are true from what we have so far seen.

What does LaVar's injury have to do with his attitude? Nothing. Jeez... talk about spinning. I never said anything about his injury. I said he once told us he and the team kissed and made up and he seemed happy. Then he goes and does this stupid interview in his own house right after the Giants game and before clinching a playoff berth. Now what you're doing is spin. I know the guy has been injured, but it's obvious that his mouth isn't where he injury is.

Physically, the guy has shown nothing but promise for the last six years. He never has fully delivered, but that's a whole other discussion. I'm talking about his attitude and there is one area where he flips and flops like a mental patient just this very season alone.

It seems that all of a sudden everyone is hating on him. I dont see why. He is valuable to the team and I dont want to see him go. People say that he is greedy but if you had the opportunity to make the $ that he is making wouldn't you take it.

Please dear lord, grant me this: ok, #1, we beat the iggles.

But this is what I REALLY wish after that:

Please...Please Please Please...

Strike dead the fingers of EVERYONE who refers to people as "Lavar haters".

Thank you lord.

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

wow.

I would only add that Lavar... at least to me... sums up everything that had plagued this franchise pre-Joe Gibbs. All talent, no heart and no brains.

........[/quote

Lavar, along with Coles, Smoot and some others that were here, remind me of a losing Redskins team. Lavar is the face of a LOSING Redskins. He's not the face of this team and he's mad. He's afraid that making the playoffs as a team is going to overshadow him being the only hope of the team.

Lavar did whatever he wanted on a losing team for 5 years and was rewarded with a new contract and lots of publicity. If that isn't negative reinforcement, I don't know what is. He thinks he can freelance in a scheme, do whatever he wants, and be revered by all. Thats not gonna work when you are on a WINNING team that requires DISCIPLINE, HARD WORK, and LOYALTY TO THE COACHES. He doesn't know how to do any of those things, and he basically stated in his interview that he doesn't take football seriously, and doesn't really care about it.

I find it interesting that our other potential "immature" players, like portis and taylor, have grown up in the span of about a year, and lavar still acts like a child. He's got the body of a superstar, but lacks the head to match. Without that, he will never be worth his salary (and even if he was an all-star linebacker he still probably wouldn't be worth that salary - but thats another discussion for another day)

Cut the man some slack, he hits people for a living. Its just a game, one that I love, but still just a game. LA deserves to be with this team, even after all the recent bs in the media. Just let it blow over, Gibbs will do whats best.

I agree that Gibbs will do what's best. In fact, it's my opinion that Lavar will be on this team next year. However, he will learn to keep his mouth shut, and JG will see to that. I think, unfortunately, it will come down to "shut your mouth or you won't see the field". Some players need to be treated like children. I used to think LA was above that kind of thing.

Strike dead the fingers of EVERYONE who refers to people as "Lavar haters".

Thank you lord.

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

What else would you call individuals, who despite facts to the contrary continue to with utter garbage like "LaVar is overrated". "LaVar freelances all the time". "LaVar said he was the next LT".

THEY ARE LAVAR HATERS period.

Just some facts for the LAVAR HATERS.

LaVar Arrington was not "overrated" in college.

He was a consensus All-American.

He won the Chuck Bednarik Award as the nation's top defensive player.

He won the Dick Butkis Award as the nation's top linebacker

He was named a starter on the All-Century (1900-1999) Penn State team by Lou Prato, the author of the Penn State Football Encyclopedia and the director of the Penn State All-Sports Museum.

LaVar never said he was the next LT. He said LT was an idol of his. Mel Kiper (and others) said before the draft that LaVar was the best linebacking prospect SINCE LT.

As for his career with the Skins. I'll let the facts speak for themselves.

2000-Finished 5th in total tackles, solo tackles and third in sacks. This despite not starting the first 3 games.

2001-Led the team in tackles and solos. Led the team in tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Tied for 2nd in interceptions. Tied for 2nd in forced fumbles. Named a Pro Bowl Starter. Won Quarterback Club's Redskin of the year.

2002-Again led the team in tackles, solos, tackles for loss, forced fumbles and led the team (and all NFL linebackers) in sacks in the ONLY season he was used in a LT type of role). He again was named a Pro Bowl Starter.

2003-2nd in tackles. 4th in solo. Led the team in tackles for loss. 2nd in sacks. Led the team in forced fumbles. Named to start his 3rd straight Pro Bowl.

2004-Hurt most of the season. Prior to injury was wreaking havoc in the preseason and the 1st game against Tampa.

2005-Despite playing sparingly through the first 5 games of the season and only 6 real starts (one start in Dallas was because the Skins opened in a 3-4 and LaVar didn't really play in the game), he is 8th in tackles and 3rd amoung linebackers (guess where "The Folding Chair" ranks).

So LAVAR HATERS STFU when it comes to the BS about him being a disappointment or overrated.

If people want to criticize the timing of the article, that's fine and fair. But anyone who question's LaVar's play on the field is doing so simply because they are a LAVAR HATER.

One other point, if LaVar is the face of a "loser Redskins team". What was Joe Theismann. The Skins did squat with him as a starter until Gibbs got here. How about ole Riggo, who prior to Gibbs' arrival was best known for his stupid hairstyles and walking out on the team in 1980. What about Darrell Green. In the 20 years he played, he was part of a "loser" (non playoff team) 12 times.

Do you get paid for that? WTF are you LAVAR's PR...?

Whether you beleive it or not. The ADULT AND realistic fans on this board. Have seen enough from this DIVA player. And yes we all love him..still. BUT we dont love his over price CAP ATTACK contract and MELOVEMESOMEME mentality.

Do you get paid for that? WTF are you LAVAR's PR...?

Whether you beleive it or not. The ADULT AND realistic fans on this board. Have seen enough from this DIVA player. And yes we all love him..still. BUT we dont love his over price CAP ATTACK contract and MELOVESOMEME mentality.

You really never met a true Prima Donna because if you call LA a Diva, you really have to be a lost soul. LA has never bashed a player, or never said he was better than anybody. The only people he's truly bashed is the FO. So get off your high horse man!!!

LAVAR invited in a reporter. Gave his one sided story about how the redskins have mistreated him..yada yada. And yes..he was Quoted. Not all of what he said were misquotes..beleive that or not. And all this in the WEEK OF the MOST important game of our season since 1999year. LAVAR a DIVA NEVER!

LAVAR invited in a reporter. Gave his one sided story about how the redskins have mistreated him..yada yada. And yes..he was Quoted. Not all of what he said were misquotes..beleive that or not. And all this in the WEEK OF the MOST important game of our season since 1999year. LAVAR a DIVA NEVER!

He invited a reporter to his house for an interview, hmmm wow that really makes LA a DIVA!!! WoW I'm jumping on your bandwagon. So you're putting LA in the same category with Moss, TO, and others. Wow!!! All praise to you!! :rolleyes:

I'm not a "hater" of Lvar Arrington or anybody else for that matter. I am, however, no longer concerned about whether he stays or goes. This last bit of selfishness from him has been the fanal straw for me. After holding my breath for 8-9 games over his benching, then being elated at his return, I've finaly decided that Lavar never did care about anything except Lavar. All the talk he made about learning to understand the team concept and following what the coaches say was garbage. As soon as he felt comfortable with being back in the mix, he once again churns out comments that are very distracting to the team's mission.

This is the single-most important game in Joe Gibbs' new tenure and LA has yet again found a way to take the attention off the team and get it firmly fixed on him alone. I truly hope that Coach Williams decides to bench him for the rest of the season, playoffs or no. It's over as far as I'm concerned for Arrington in this town and it's his own fault.

This "retirement" business only tells to me that LA got his money and got lazy.

One other point, if LaVar is the face of a "loser Redskins team". What was Joe Theismann. The Skins did squat with him as a starter until Gibbs got here. How about ole Riggo, who prior to Gibbs' arrival was best known for his stupid hairstyles and walking out on the team in 1980. What about Darrell Green. In the 20 years he played, he was part of a "loser" (non playoff team) 12 times.

Exactly. We won Superbowls without any of them. We definitely don't need LaVar "loser" Arrington who could'nt hold up Riggo's jock strap. Ship him out!!

Exactly. We won Superbowls without any of them. We definitely don't need LaVar "loser" Arrington who could'nt hold up Riggo's jock strap. Ship him out!!

LaVar a loser. He's not healthy. When LA's a hundred percent there's only one LB better and that's all world Ray!!!

I really think you are not getting it. HE DID THIS DURING A WEEK OF THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME FOR HIS TEAM. THINK THINK. NO one cares if he did this in the offseason. or any other damn time.

Like I said earlier, I don't agree with the timing. But I have no problem with the content.

LaVar a loser. He's not healthy. When LA's a hundred percent there's only one LB better and that's all world Ray!!!

Nobody said that LaVar is not a great LB. I was glad to see him back on the field after I thought that maybe, just maybe, he could quit running that big head of his and do what he's supposed to do. If he can't shut up and quit being an attention hoe, then wer'e better offf without him because we don't NEED him. At all!! If he insist's on being a distraction the whole time he and GW are together, then send him out to Marty along with all his bs.

What else would you call individuals, who despite facts to the contrary continue to with utter garbage like "LaVar is overrated". "LaVar freelances all the time". "LaVar said he was the next LT".

THEY ARE LAVAR HATERS period <rest of post edited>\

Nothing personal or necessarily generalized to any other posts you make, scruffy, but your response is indicative of the level of dialogue I refer to when I pray for dead fingers. :)

In this particular situaiion, your post reads like the rant of a religious zealot on crusade who will haer nothing but their own mantra. That being so, I'll conclude our otherwise at-odds interchange with a positive note:

Here's to plucking the Eagles and I hope Lavar gets a whole fistful of tailfeathers in both mitts.

"Nobody said that LaVar is not a great LB. I was glad to see him back on the field after I thought that maybe, just maybe, he could quit running that big head of his and do what he's supposed to do. If he can't shut up and quit being an attention hoe, then wer'e better offf without him because we don't NEED him. At all!! "

absolutely!! I say we let LA go free and clear to the Boys, Gints or Iggles after the season ends this February!!! GW has no use for him...can do better without him.

"Nobody said that LaVar is not a great LB. I was glad to see him back on the field after I thought that maybe, just maybe, he could quit running that big head of his and do what he's supposed to do. If he can't shut up and quit being an attention hoe, then wer'e better offf without him because we don't NEED him. At all!! "

absolutely!! I say we let LA go free and clear to the Boys, Gints or Iggles after the season ends this February!!! GW has no use for him...can do better without him.

Yeah, you tell em! :insane: Then if the guy comes back and takes our QBs head off you will all be starting a similar thread to what the Jets have on their fan forums about Santana Moss. Remember one thing people, wether he stays or goes, he IS here NOW! And that means we need him to play well, just like everyone else on the team, to be successful. :2cents:

:eaglesuck :point2sky

Archived