Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LA Haters need to calm down.

Waleo32

I've heard a lot of B.S. about LA being done and so on. Lets just put this out there, how old is LA? Well let me answer that.... 27. He's had surgery that's true, and he hasn't had that same LA burst this year. Hmmm but if you know about know knee surguries, it usually takes you a year to get your "mojo" back. Edge is a prime example. He tore his ACL, when he came back he wasn't the same Edge. He didn't have his burst, he couldn't even hit the hole right. Now look at him, he's back. Now as for LA, he'll be back at full strength next year, but the funny thing is that some of you want to see him go. Now we all know when LA was in his prime there was only one LB better and thats Ray Ray. So you're telling me that you would let a 27, 28 young stud leave who could dominate opposing offenses. I'll give you the Ok!!!! :rolleyes: LaVar, playing at 85 percent is still a good LB. He wants to be here how many people say that about the skins. Don't get me wrong LA was acting like a little B#tch when he didn't get his so called 6 million (read the contract LA and agent), but to me he's been disrespected this year by certain fans and coaches. Holdman over LA is a slap in the face. Him not playing on 3rd downs is a slap in the face. All praise to Marshall but he's no LA. LaVar will be LaVar again that's a given. For some of you haters, to think otherwise is funny. We are not talking about a running back who has taken a beat, or a 35 year old player, we are talking about a 27 year old dude who had surgery on his knee. Do you really think that LA won't make a impact in this league?

I don't think his ability on the field is in question. I certainly don't want to see him cut. However, I DO want to see a TEAM FIRST mentality out of him. If he's not capable of performing such a feat, I don't think he'll be here much longer. Joe Gibbs has encircled himself with "team guys". If Lavar doesn't want to get off the "me first" bus and join his teammates, he'll be finished in Washington. I hope he smartens up.

I don't think his ability on the field is in question. I certainly don't want to see him cut. However, I DO want to see a TEAM FIRST mentality out of him. If he's not capable of performing such a feat, I don't think he'll be here much longer. Joe Gibbs has encircled himself with "team guys". If Lavar doesn't want to get off the "me first" bus and join his teammates, he'll be finished in Washington. I hope he smartens up.

Ok I can see where you're coming from. But to me LA is a team player, he ain't Patrick who is way above the norm. During LA's benching, all he did was compliment the dudes who were busting there @$$es on the field, even Warrick Holdman. LA is a team guy. It's easy for the average person to come out and say this that and the other, but how would you react? I know I wouldn't have handle this year as good as LA. I definitely know I wouldn't have handled it like PR. That's why I'm so proud of both of them. But in LA's situation, he had prior coaches bash him, people asking him why aren't you starting repeatedly, and then he got flat out benched seeing no time of the field. Come on now. A man can take so much. But he handle that situation as good as he could. Now the "times" come out with the article about LA. The way I looked at the situation is it's more a comment about managment than the team. I'm a big Snyder fan, but we know how he treats certain talents. What I gathered from the article was basically he basically rather retire, than play for anybody else. Instead of people trying to harp on the negative things, they should read into the commitment that he has for the team.

The problem that I have with Lavar is the timing of the interview that served as the basis for the story.

He has the entire offseason to speak about his feelings towards the organization. At this point, his primary focus should be the possibility of making the playoffs. This is a distraction that the team could live without as it pursues its first playoff birth this century.

Yeah, his commitment is "I won't restructure again."

That is "me", that is not "Team". So it may be in the best interests of both that he retire.

I won't miss him that much, he is not a vital cog in the D. I wish him well in his future endeavours....

Ok I can see where you're coming from. But to me LA is a team player, he ain't Patrick who is way above the norm. During LA's benching, all he did was compliment the dudes who were busting there @$$es on the field, even Warrick Holdman. LA is a team guy. It's easy for the average person to come out and say this that and the other, but how would you react? I know I wouldn't have handle this year as good as LA. I definitely know I wouldn't have handled it like PR. That's why I'm so proud of both of them. But in LA's situation, he had prior coaches bash him, people asking him why aren't you starting repeatedly, and then he got flat out benched seeing no time of the field. Come on now. A man can take so much. But he handle that situation as good as he could. Now the "times" come out with the article about LA. The way I looked at the situation is it's more a comment about managment than the team. I'm a big Snyder fan, but we know how he treats certain talents. What I gathered from the article was basically he basically rather retire, than play for anybody else. Instead of people trying to harp on the negative things, they should read into the commitment that he has for the team.

I hear you. But do you remember that whole time he was benched, he never seemed to talk to the coaches about it? I dont' remember the exact quote, but he even went so far as to say that it shouldn't be his responsibility to go to the coaches to see why he wasn't playing, but that the coaches should come to him and explain it. It's little quirks like that which I can't understand. All he has to do is talk with the coaching staff, not the media, and he'll be fine. Maybe he'll learn his lesson this time....I hope.

That is "me", that is not "Team". So it may be in the best interests of both that he retire.

I won't miss him that much, he is not a vital cog in the D. I wish him well in his future endeavours....

Ok I can understand but let me play devils advocate if you feel you got cheated with your pay, and you had the opportunity to restructure your deal witht he same people what would you do. Think hard. I know 9 out of 10 people wouldn't. I think people hold celebs and athletes in the highest regards. LA is human. Just like me and you. That doesn't make him a me person. He cares for the team and the city. If LA is such of a "me" player why does his teams love him so much, or even want him on the field. Because T.O. didn't, he might have had a few followers, but all in all he didn't have a big posse.

Stop it. You're being a hater for pointing out how self-centered and childish he is... ;) :laugh:

Ok I can understand but let me play devils advocate if you feel you got cheated with your pay, and you had the opportunity to restructure your deal witht he same people what would you do.

I wouldn't invite a member of the media into my home to talk about it and print it in a newspaper. That's for damn sure.

These are the reasons people are on his case. He has the guy in his home two days after the biggest game of the year, just a few days prior to going to Philly to get a playoff berth. The team has worked way, way too hard and come back from way to freaking much to have Little Lord LaVauntleroy throw another public temper tantrum.

Don't worry if LA comes up big against Philly or even in the Playoffs (we better beat Philly). You'll love him. Let me write down your alias so I'll remember your post.

If Lavar comes up big against Philly, I'll still want his selfish, prima donna arse out of town on a rail. Remember this post.

I wouldn't invite a member of the media into my home to talk about it and print it in a newspaper. That's for damn sure.

These are the reasons people are on his case. He has the guy in his home two days after the biggest game of the year, just a few days prior to going to Philly to get a playoff berth. The team has worked way, way too hard and come back from way to freaking much to have Little Lord LaVauntleroy throw another public temper tantrum.

I took the article a different way. Basically he'd rather retire than not be a skin. He has a problem with management not the coaches, or 53 players on the field. Management don't win games. So to me they're not the team.

If Lavar comes up big against Philly, I'll still want his selfish, prima donna arse out of town on a rail. Remember this post.

The funny thing is you all including me don't matter. The 53 players on the roster matters. And the over perception of LA in the lockerroom is the opposite from your opinion.

I hear you. But do you remember that whole time he was benched, he never seemed to talk to the coaches about it? I dont' remember the exact quote, but he even went so far as to say that it shouldn't be his responsibility to go to the coaches to see why he wasn't playing, but that the coaches should come to him and explain it. It's little quirks like that which I can't understand. All he has to do is talk with the coaching staff, not the media, and he'll be fine. Maybe he'll learn his lesson this time....I hope.

well if you account his past few years... the coaches dont stick around long enough for him to talk to....:whoknows:

I'm curious, Waleo32, what mistakes do you believe Lavar has made during his time with our team that has contributed to the woes he laments in that interview?

Really only the timing of the whole thing. But I think LA was being nieve and stupid, not because he was trying to get into the lime light. I expected the story to come out one way and it came out another. Stupidity not arrogance to different things.

I'm one of the so called Lavar "Haters" and here's my point of view.

He is payed playmaker money but has yet to produce plays, his last playmaker play was the sack forced fumble against the Rams in 2002. He is a me first player that hides behind the lines "taken out of context" or "I was misquoted". He had his knee scoped and they found a bone bruise, problem is bruises don't take this long to heal, ask Big Ben in Pitts., torn ligaments do, that's the Edge comparison.

Lavar is a good LB and is better then Holdman but in this day and age of football you have to produce up to your contract to stay around. If Lavar was to restructure and help the team by allowing them to adress certain areas of need then a lot of the so called "Haters" would have no argument. I want to see Lavar stay, there is a lot to be said for a player that has spent his career with the same team, but he is not an elite LB and his cap number is to big to carry just because he's a fan favorite.

In a perfect world Joe Gibbs and Lavar would kiss and make up, Lavar would return to form, and I won't have to get ride of my 4 LA jersey's but this is the buisness side of football and it sucks. LA is going to faced with a simple choice, restructure for the betterment of the team or play somewhere else. He has to also realize that he needs to become a team player and stop the dramatics.

:eaglesuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck

I took the article a different way. Basically he'd rather retire than not be a skin. He has a problem with management not the coaches, or 53 players on the field. Management don't win games. So to me they're not the team.

The point is that the interview should never have been done to begin with if this guy is really "team first."

Every little thing is a distraction.

The funny thing is you all including me don't matter. The 53 players on the roster matters. And the over perception of LA in the lockerroom is the opposite from your opinion.

Based on... ?

The real funny thing is you have no idea what people in the locker room are thinking. Unlike LaVar, they do their business in-house and not to the media.

Still think he's not crying for attention? Look how the other 52 guys handle things.

As far as Lavar he has done some incredible things as a Redskins and now he has to learn to be part of the puzzle instead of the Center Piece. I am sure it was a blow to his ego to go from always being the dominate player and the scheme the defense is built around since Highschool and through College and even in the pro's to being part of a scheme were he has to stay in his area or lane instead of free lancing. this is a big change for him mentally and let alone as Rmasey he has seen many different coaches and schemes since becoming a redskin! I am sure he wants to be a redskin for life like he said and I am sure he is worried about not being here next year as he wants to be here and be part of a winner because he sure has not had that chance here. I am sure he will restructure if necessary, I am sure he does not want to be traded to San Fran or another loosing franchise and have to want for it to be rebuilt to win when he can stay put and win here and see a superbowl in the coming years, that is why he is afraid of being traded!

Don't worry if LA comes up big against Philly or even in the Playoffs (we better beat Philly). You'll love him. Let me write down your alias so I'll remember your post.

If your see my other posts. I've been a LA supporter since College. But I have learn and seen how this has turn out.

like I said. there are 3 players with serious issues this season.

LA

Ramsey

Taylor

Guess who is the biggest cry baby. LA. I can list the issues just for this season but I wont. I still wish that LA will stay and wake the F@@K up. but you know..you cant teach an Old DIVA DOG new tricks. key word..DIVA. HE's been a spoiled brat his whole life. And to his defense. He was a GReAT player. but that alone does not warrant you to be put infront of the other 10 men on your defensive UNIT or the other 52men roster. Who is LA..last I check he wasnt healing anyone. :cheers:

HAIL SKINS. bring one home fo rus all. LA or not!~

Really only the timing of the whole thing. But I think LA was being nieve and stupid, not because he was trying to get into the lime light. I expected the story to come out one way and it came out another. Stupidity not arrogance to different things.

So the only thing that Lavar's done wrong in his time with the 'Skins to contribute to the present situation is selecting the timing of this interview? In other words the substance of the interview is fine, and he's done everything else on and off the field right?

Based on... ?

The real funny thing is you have no idea what people in the locker room are thinking. Unlike LaVar, they do their business in-house and not to the media.

Still think he's not crying for attention? Look how the other 52 guys handle things.

Based on interviews. Shawn Springs and Jansen talked about it on Monday Night Live. And even SportsNite during LA's benching that the team rallied for him to return to the line up. Would a team rally for a me first player, I don't think so. Like I said earlier some people hold athlete's in there highest regards. No body on the team had to go through what LA has this season. So it isn't a real good comparison. The only person that comes to mind has to be Ramsey. And to me Ramsey isn't the norm. He might of asked for a trade but no one that I can remember has handle this kind of situation as classy as Ramsey.

Archived