Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I want to THANK fans for being hostile at FedEx!

sumodat

Sumodat,

How exactly would you want to be treated when you go to an opposing team stadium wearing your Redskin jersey? Is it wrong to go watch and support your team when they are on the road?

very good point, many giant fans in my section were very respectful and nice, i chatted with some, the older man i was reffering to complimented our def and said Sean Taylor was a beast. as long as you are respectful i dont see what the harm is of them being there. to throw beer at them scream in their ears and steal their belongings is down right trashy. I would not want to be treated this way when i go to nj to watch the redskins, and man di we get spanked and nodoby rubbed it in my face at all.

Sumodat,

How exactly would you want to be treated when you go to an opposing team stadium wearing your Redskin jersey? Is it wrong to go watch and support your team when they are on the road?

It is not about how I want to be treated, it is about how I WOULD be treated. And I know and understand that. If you go into another stadium with opposing gear, you are gonna get ribbed. That is just the way it goes.

I will stress again, I do not agree with the people who threw beer and physically assaulted people, but I think opposing fans should get ****** with while they are there.

I'm as loud at the games as anyone in the crowd. I also do some trash talking, but it's generally good-natured. I remember at the San Fran game, there was a SF fan sitting about 8 seats away. I jawed at him a bit, nothing derogatory, and he said a few things back throughout the first half, but we were having fun.

Later on in the game, I yelled something about his team at him, and his girlfriend looked at me with tears in her eyes and told me to please leave him alone, he doesn't want any trouble. I was shocked because everytime he and I exchanged words, it was all smiles. I looked at him, and noticed he was covered in beer, had tears in his own eyes, and their was a group of fans about 4 rows behind him yelling tasteless crap at him and his girlfriend. I mouthed the words "I'm sorry" to her, and didn't say another thing to them. They left shortly after.

Maybe that's "cool" to some of you, but to me, that's just pathetic and tasteless.

I'm as loud at the games as anyone in the crowd. I also do some trash talking, but it's generally good-natured. I remember at the San Fran game, there was a SF fan sitting about 8 seats away. I jawed at him a bit, nothing derogatory, and he said a few things back throughout the first half, but we were having fun.

Later on in the game, I yelled something about his team at him, and his girlfriend looked at me with tears in her eyes and told me to please leave him alone, he doesn't want any trouble. I was shocked because everytime he and I exchanged words, it was all smiles. I looked at him, and noticed he was covered in beer, had tears in his own eyes, and their was a group of fans about 4 rows behind him yelling tasteless crap at him and his girlfriend. I mouthed the words "I'm sorry" to her, and didn't say another thing to them. They left shortly after.

Maybe that's "cool" to some of you, but to me, that's just pathetic and tasteless.

thank you for your post, this is simalar to what i saw in section 117 sat.I was embarrassed. you are good man.

wow, is it so hard to beilieve im a redskin fan with class who is not a total homer? you really need to get your butt whipped at another teams stadium to understand

I need to get my butt whipped at another stadium? Why go to another stadium, YOU are right here in Md, right? Why don't you do it?

Furthermore, there are 92,000 people at FedEx. Of course there are going to be some people behaving poorly. You guys keep pointing out a few incidents, yet I CONTINUE to stress that is not the behavior I condone.

I already know the mods will close this thread, but if you really want to make a difference or you really want me to get my butt whipped, PM me. We can talk about it in person if you would like. ;)

I heckle opposing team's fans with a passion. I love to do it, it's fun. I don't make any threats. I don't throw things at them. I don't steal their hats, and I don't mack on their women. I absolutely don't mess with their kids.

I just tease them the whole time. Good natured teasing, and if somebody gets to hot under the collar about it, then I'll usually ease up.

If it comes to blows, or somebody is ready to throw down...well then it's not fun anymore, and it's gone to far. I would expect no less if I went to watch the skins play in any other stadium. This is "heckling" to me. It's letting the other team's fans KNOW, unequivocally, that they are NOT in their home stadium, and to come into OUR house wearing Gints, Iggles, Poke or any other team's rags is to invite such teasing and smack talking. Fed Ex Field has lacked this kind of atmosphere since the day it was completed, until now. I welcome such an atmosphere, and I hope it continues. I hope the reputation continues to build so that fans of other teams, decide to go to their team's away games in other stadiums besides ours. That's why they call it the "HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE." We are finally starting to have such an advantage. A place where the fans can make a real difference in the outcome of the game.

Isn't that a great thing?

It is a great thing to have this kind of home field advantage. The team is playing up to potential finally and there is an electricity in the crowd like I've never seen before. However there were some ugly things happening on Saturday. My friend was attacked in the parking lot because he was wearing a Shockey jersey. It turned a great day in to a not-so-great day. I hate Giants fans more than anyone but I think a lot of people on this board can relate to having friends who are fans of other teams. Trash talking is fun, I'd even like to see more of it. But keep everything in perspective.

It is a great thing to have this kind of home field advantage. The team is playing up to potential finally and there is an electricity in the crowd like I've never seen before. However there were some ugly things happening on Saturday. My friend was attacked in the parking lot because he was wearing a Shockey jersey. It turned a great day in to a not-so-great day. I hate Giants fans more than anyone but I think a lot of people on this board can relate to having friends who are fans of other teams. Trash talking is fun, I'd even like to see more of it. But keep everything in perspective.

One of my best friends is Poke fan, and I teased him mercilessly after the Skins blew them out, but it's good natured teasing. He does no less to me when we lose to them.

Let's not confuse heckling, and teasing with criminality. There is a difference. Some people take it too far, on both sides, but lets not let that detract from the good things that the new energetic crowd is bringing to the stadium. The standing, loud cheering, and rowdiness that is happening EVERYTIME the opposing teams offense takes the field is GREAT. You don't have to cuss, or throw things to create that kind of energy. We want that kind of energy. Our team needs us to be into the game like that. They feed off of us. All I know, is that at the end of the Giants game I saw an elated Coach Gibbs giving us the double thumb's up, and it made me proud. He knows the difference we are making. At the end of a Redskins football game, the 12th man should feel just as exhausted as if they played the game themselves. I love the fact that the everytime the Skins play at home now, the crowd is noticed. The noise, the energy. It's great. How can any Redskin fan NOT love the new enthusiastic atmosphere at the stadium? If you don't like the atmosphere, maybe you should be at home in front of your t.v. For me, the atmosphere is what LIVE NFL Football is all about. It's why you go to the game.

It finally feels good not to get heckled or harrassed in our own house. We spend too much of our hard eaned money for these tickets. It was bad enough when we were loosing at home but when you have drunk Eagle fan or a-hole Jersey fan taunting and heckling your family that is too much.Hopefully we will keep winning and these turds won't want to come here anymore. We need FedEX to become a miserable but safe place for opposing fans.

uhh, man...

I hope we don't get the reputation that the Eagles fans have been getting. This type of crap isn't cool. Anyone that does that to someone else over a FOOTBALL GAME is a moron and a dangerous one.

What the hell is accomplished?

Everyone knows that KingGibbs doesn't heckle fans inside the stadium. That's because if it's a 1:00 o'clock game I start heckling at 9:00 o'clock and I usually am hoarse by the time I get in the stadium. :D

When I see opposing fans I will get in their ear and let them know that this is OUR house (finally) and they come uninvited. If they are Dallas fans I ask them if they even know the capital of Texas or if they even step foot in Texas. Basically, it's good old fashioned ribbing and that's as far as I go. No need for violence. That's for punks.

:eaglesuck

Everyone knows that KingGibbs doesn't heckle fans inside the stadium. That's because if it's a 1:00 o'clock game I start heckling at 9:00 o'clock and I usually am hoarse by the time I get in the stadium. :D

When I see opposing fans I will get in their ear and let them know that this is OUR house (finally) and they come uninvited. If they are Dallas fans I ask them if they even know the capital of Texas or if they even step foot in Texas. Basically, it's good old fashioned ribbing and that's as far as I go. No need for violence. That's for punks.

:eaglesuck

Yeah. Well.......... what he said^^^^. ;)

For the record books, I don't do any trash talking during the games. Maybe a little good fun if there is a fan of the oppossing team near me and we get to talking. Other than that I tend to let my cheering for the Redskins do all the...er...talking.

no that's not right, this is just a game! yes it is nice to know that we have home field advantage, but a football game is just a big party and if you take it further then that, you are wasting your time and it's not worth it! Scream, Yell, Holler, Clap, do whatever verbally, but do not raise a fist or spit, i mean that's just juvenile! I have a lot of respect for the Redskins fans i know because they are humble and respectful!!

With all the crying going on about Redskins fans behavior, I want to say it is nice to have an enviornment where opposing fans will think twice about showing their pride and wearing their teams colors!

I am not for pouring beer, or assaulting (physically) other fans, but I do think we should heckle the **** out of them for the whole game.

This has been the wine and cheese headquarters for too long. It is time the real fans took the stadium back.

So please, stop all the crying about classless fans and heckling and all that. This is sports/football/competition. It takes a certain amount of testosterone to appreciate it. If you lack that, then you just don't/won't understand.

So thank you to all the fans who heckled, booed, and just gave a hard time to Giants fans this week. I am not saying fought, or poured beer, etc...

I am saying verbally defended our stadium. I know I did!

FedEx is no longer a country club. If that is what YOU are used to, I need season tix. Hand em over!

I'm not one for yelling and heckling someone because he roots for another team. But I do like to make as much noise as I can to help disrupt the opisitions offense, :eaglesuck thats where the 12th man comes in it dosen't help anyone to simply annoy another fan of the sport.

While watching a game on TV they had the camera on the fans in the stands. I heard an announcer (not sure who) commenting on Redskins Fans at FedEx Field. He said "Redskins fans are a very knowledgeable, classy, and loyal fan base" (not verbatim) I think that overall we resemble that remark. Of course we have a lot of build up towards our rivals becaused it has been a while since we have played them and it meant so much. I was at both the Dallas and Philly games at Fed Ex this year. There was some taunting going on, but overall not too bad (except the beer bottle thrown at reggie brown). I mean its not like we are the Eagles who have a police station in the stadium. When you have a stadium that seats 92,000 people and atleast 95% of them are Skins fans, you know what you are getting yourself into when you go there wearing an iggles jersey. Keep it fun, dont hurt anybody, and defend FedEx!

So then, most of us feel the same way. We enjoy jabbing and yabbing at the opposing team and thier fans, but we understand to keep it classy. It was my opinion that the thread starter was suggesting a bit more, and that's why I asked him to give his definition, which he did not.

In the end it's all about supporting the Redskins. I'm a self admitted homer, but I feel that the fans, as well as the team should take on the characteristics of its coach. What would Coach Gibbs do? How would you like your family to be treated if you were visiting the Link?

It's not about testosterone, it's about the Golden Rule. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It's just good manners, and it doesn't mean that we're weak. It means we're respectful. The coach has worked hard to build a team of character players; maybe we should be character fans. Just a thought.

Archived