Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I want to THANK fans for being hostile at FedEx!

sumodat

At the young age of 75, you haven't learned very much. Are you sure you're not an Eagles fan....Mr. "Greenmile"?

Let's get some things straight:

1. I lied about my age. I'm actually 95.

2. This is a FOOTBALL GAME, not a FAMILY EVENT.

3. Opposing fans are lucky I don't punch them in the face when I see them.

4. Take this as an example: Our home game against the eagles, I get two lovely eagles fans that sit right in front of me. One guy, the most stereotypical Jersey piece of trash you've ever seen, is wearing a TO jersey (mind you, this is the game right after he was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team). During the game, this guy would NOT SIT DOWN. Now, I'm not going to start **** for no reason, obviously. But I tell this guy to sit down and he's like "we paid as much for these tickets as you". So I thought about it. And I came to this: "BUT YOU DON'T BELONG HERE." Do you people not understand!? THIS IS OUR HOME. I DON'T CARE ABOUT THESE OPPOSING FANS WELLBEING AT OUR STADIUM. That guy was a complete jackass, talking up trash about how the Skins suck. You think I want to hear that while I'm watching my favorite football play IN MY OWN STADIUM. You people need to realize OTHERS DO NOT BELONG IN OUR STADIUM.

5. Don't be a *****. We need to make people fear coming to our stadium. They've been coming for years figuring an easy win and a good time at smashing our hopes and fun. Well, they can all go to hell.

I think pouring beer and throwing objects at people is totally unacceptable at any sporting venue. However, it may be funny at some times, its not right. As for the Hey, You Suck chant the PA announcer turns off the music sometimes to let the crowd and encourage them to go hey you suck which I think is amazing. I watched some of the dallas game on tape and wow you can hear the whole stadium chanting those words during the hey song. Impressive. Verbal abuse/foul language should be expected at sporting events. It is a part of society and is here to stay. Some things cross the line, but there's not much that can be done about it.

Some people do deserved to be punched, in the face sometimes tho like the cowboys fan that was in my section during the giants game cheering just to be an idiot and egging on skins fans and flicking them off and such.

Like most things, it's a matter of good sense & good taste. The problem comes in trying to get 90K+ people to agree on what that means - especially when a significant number of them are....shall we say.....judgement impaired. I'm no Carrie Nation but I will say that a bit of forced sobriety (courtesy of a DUI beef) at games has altered my take on this somewhat.

I'm all for cheering loud for your team at the right times AND making your stadium a difficult place for the other TEAM to play. I also think it's reasonable to expect an opposition FAN who wears their teams colors can expect to take a bit of - good natured, hopefully - stick. The problem comes when ignorant yobs - on both sides - blur the line between TEAM and FAN. For example, it's not reasonable for a FAN of one team to fear for their safety or to be verbally assaulted at a game by fan's of the other team......at EITHER team's stadium......or anywhere else for that matter...

Again, if fans of opposing teams are willing to banter back & forth, it can make it enjoyable for both. But, the line is pretty clear. When it's not fun for EITHER person anymore, it should stop. I have seen behavior at FedEX that has - quite frankly - been an embarassment and clearly contradictory to the reputation for "class" the franchise and most of it's fans have spent years developing. Examples, you say???

1. All the fill-in-the-blank SUCKS!" chants. Those are "fighting words" - always have been, always will be. I don't participate in that cheer and I don't let my kids do so, either. I'm particularly annoyed that the 'Skins passively encourage it through playing the Gary Glitter tune. Anyone with half a brain in their head knows what's going to happen when they do.

2. People screaming all the way across the section to single out someone for a profanity-laced tirade. I don't have a problem with profanity, per say. It's still a staple in my vocabulary but I desperately try not to use it around kids whose folks might be trying to teach them differently.

3. Two adult "fans" in front of me turning around to taunt - obsenities included - a little boy sitting next to me at the Eagles game. I finally had to be the one to tell these two yobs to knock it off.

4. A running battle between fans all the way down the ramp after the Eagles game that resulted in somebody out-cold in the middle of the ramp about half way down.

5. Some guy screaming at Giants fans in the men's room outside Section 448 that could, "say anything I want to you 'cause 90K 'Skins fans got my back!" Sorry, not me, pal........

6. Two idiots - one in a 'Skins jersey & one in a Giants jersey - screaming at each other out front afterwards. At what point did the two of you decide that making spectacles of yourselfs become more important to you than the team you - alledgedly - support?

PLAYING football is about testosterone. WATCHING football is about being an intelligent fan. PAYING to WATCH football with a lot of other people - some of whom don't have the same agenda as you - is about respect.

Do people have the "right" to act otherwise - at least until the point where they get themselves kicked out? Sure. Do others have the right to think they're morons for doing so? You bet!!!

Cheers,

CLBinMD

this is a back and fourth argument that could go on for years until they stop serving alcohol at the games.....

in which case nobody under 40 would attend and therefore it would turn into a baseball game, i guess then you could bring your entire family to watch a violent sport with the comfort of knowing nobody is going to curse. bottom line... get over it, if you want to bring your kids do it in the pre-season or sit club level. some people save up for months to sit lower level just to get close enough to actually heckle the other teams bench. and then we have the regulars, the true upper-deckers where anything can happen due to the high altitude

ive seen more violence commited by mothers and children with no alcohol envolved on black friday in tysons corner.

I worked as Fed Ex Field usher section 452-453 for 3+ years so I dealt with a lot of the BS being discussed here. Cheering, being loud, light hearted trash talk, etc. is fun, but starting fights, cursing/threatening other fans, throwing st*ff, etc. is unacceptable behavior. There's a an easy to define line that can't be crossed and there's a limit to how far you can take things. Opposing fans may cheer for the other team but they too like their team like we like ours, they have families, etc. We're all together for the love of the sport.

Something to remember, and something that some of the people that posted earlier may want to consider is that if an usher or official at Fed Ex sees you throwing something, starting a fight, displaying behavior that is out of control or disorderly, they will eject and/or arrest you AND they can and will revoke your season ticket priveledges. I've seen it done on more than a few occassions. If they' aren't your tickets they will revoke the priveledges of the person that owns the rights. There are cameras all over the stadium. Don't think for a second that nobody is watching.

Philadelphia's Stadium is an embarassment to the league and the fans. Let's hope Fed Ex never becomes that. :2cents:

does **** da cowboys, or Eagles SUCK is that bad... of course I make sure that no kids are around.. if so I have to tone down the cussing.. and stick with suck a lot

:)

Man.. I guess I am a classless fan.. Although I have been a diehard fan for 20 yrs...oh an by the way... that's how it is everywhere.. I went to the NY game.. where we got spanked... and when we were leaving fans started throwing beer at us... again most people were nice.. usually the older crowd.. however the college age kids.. were talking **** all game... I expected it... since I understand that is their HOUSE>>.

However, I do agree about throwing punches only when necessary...

4. Take this as an example: Our home game against the eagles, I get two lovely eagles fans that sit right in front of me. One guy, the most stereotypical Jersey piece of trash you've ever seen, is wearing a TO jersey (mind you, this is the game right after he was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team). During the game, this guy would NOT SIT DOWN. Now, I'm not going to start **** for no reason, obviously. But I tell this guy to sit down and he's like "we paid as much for these tickets as you". So I thought about it. And I came to this: "BUT YOU DON'T BELONG HERE." Do you people not understand!? THIS IS OUR HOME. I DON'T CARE ABOUT THESE OPPOSING FANS WELLBEING AT OUR STADIUM. That guy was a complete jackass, talking up trash about how the Skins suck. You think I want to hear that while I'm watching my favorite football play IN MY OWN STADIUM. You people need to realize OTHERS DO NOT BELONG IN OUR STADIUM.

5. Don't be a *****. We need to make people fear coming to our stadium. They've been coming for years figuring an easy win and a good time at smashing our hopes and fun. Well, they can all go to hell.

There's a word for such a mentality, it's called fascism. Are you telling me that you dont have one friend who supports another team? If not, you must not have many friends. If so, you're saying you would never allow that friend to accompany you to an NFL game? Are you saying that eventhough Sunday is the biggest game for the Redskins in a long time YOU shouldn't be allowed to attend the game because its in Philly? Does it have to get to the point where we have "buffer" zones monitored by riot police to keep fans from killing each other at freaking football games like in Europe? Good God, man, calm down.

The "You suck" chant must go.

I agree with the whole starting fights scenario. It is unexceptable. But, the chant is funny and I personally don't think it crosses the line.

I think the first time I heard the F word was @ my first Redskin game. Which was over 13 years ago. So, things haven't changed too much. Someone who brings their kids to the game must understand there is going to be foul lanuage. (if they don't hear it @ the stadium, they will hear it somewhere else...school for example). If kids are raised right, they will understand its wrong. Also, youre asking for it if you bring a kid to a night game.

Outta 90,000 fans there will always be idiots. I don't think it represents Skins fans as a whole. To be honest, I was more ashamed the past couple years when 20% of our attendence was the opposing teams fans.

1. At 95, you are doing well. That dress you're sport'n does you justice. :D

2. Football games are family events; I remember when my dad took me to see the Eddie Lebaron led Skins. It was one of my fondest memories and solidified my love of the Redskins. By saying it is a football game and not a family event, you deny any youngster the opportunity to experience our beloved Redskins....I would argue that it is both selfish and shallow to not allow kids the same rights of passage as those who came before them; just because you want to exercise your right to trash talk.

3. Well, I'll be at the Skins/Eagles game this week and I just hope that there are not many Eagles fans that have the same perspective as you.

It's funny that you talk about Eagle fans that would not sit down in front of you. I've been reading many threads about upset Redskin fans being asked to sit down during games...how ironic.

When I walk into Lincoln Financial Field this Sunday, I will do so with respect for the other teams home. (...also with the fear that I might meet someone like you, with too much to drink, and I'll get my ass kicked).

you are back peddling so bad, You really think its ok to heckle the #### out of other team fans and be hostile toward them, now you are changeing it to no verbal abuse. Guys like you embarrass a long time skin fan like me. Keep it classy Washigton.

I didn't say "no verbal abuse." I said I don't cuss at them. I have a 3 year old daughter. I don't cuss at people.

Why are you guys trying to twist what I said? If you take issue with what i said, then fine. But stop trying to twist it.

I have not back pettled or changed anything I have said.

With all the crying going on about Redskins fans behavior, I want to say it is nice to have an enviornment where opposing fans will think twice about showing their pride and wearing their teams colors!

I am not for pouring beer, or assaulting (physically) other fans, but I do think we should heckle the **** out of them for the whole game.

This has been the wine and cheese headquarters for too long. It is time the real fans took the stadium back.

So please, stop all the crying about classless fans and heckling and all that. This is sports/football/competition. It takes a certain amount of testosterone to appreciate it. If you lack that, then you just don't/won't understand.

So thank you to all the fans who heckled, booed, and just gave a hard time to Giants fans this week. I am not saying fought, or poured beer, etc...

I am saying verbally defended our stadium. I know I did!

FedEx is no longer a country club. If that is what YOU are used to, I need season tix. Hand em over!

Well put my brother, I wonder if they will be gentle to me at the Stink on Sunday? I doubt it!! :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Halter... somehow I think you willl be fine... I've seen you.. and you're pretty scary looking.. I don't think anyone is gonna mess with you..!!! :) cheer loud brother.. I hope me and Lawman where there wit you....

be safe.. and represent... HAIL TO THE REDSKINS....

There's a word for such a mentality, it's called fascism. Are you telling me that you dont have one friend who supports another team? If not, you must not have many friends. If so, you're saying you would never allow that friend to accompany you to an NFL game? Are you saying that eventhough Sunday is the biggest game for the Redskins in a long time YOU shouldn't be allowed to attend the game because its in Philly? Does it have to get to the point where we have "buffer" zones monitored by riot police to keep fans from killing each other at freaking football games like in Europe? Good God, man, calm down.

I do, surprisingly, have a friend who is a Cowboy's fan. And I would NEVER invite him to go to Fedex with me. Are you kidding me? I have plenty of Redskins fan friends who BELONG there that I would rather bring. You think I would bring a hated enemy into friendly territory, are you sick in the head?

People are free to wander in and out of any stadium they choose, but I just find it disrespectful to come into my house if you're not a fan of my team, that's all. I'm not going to start anything unless the fan is unruly to begin with.

Ok then. You obviously feel strongly about this since you restarted a thread that a moderater closed.

So between this tripe and your previously posted tripe, I'll conclude that you want no one but Redskin fans at the games. Should opposing fans show up, they should be verbally assaulted for the duration of the game, at all cost. Stopping short of physical violence.

I typically find my self too engaged in the game, my family, and cheering the Redskins to concern myself with making someone else's life miserable.

But that's just me. Hope you feel better.

Simmer down, dude.

I'm a long-time Redskin fan from England (UK).

My first love in sports is what you guys call soccer. In England in the 1950's and 60's (so I'm told) it was a joy to go to a game as there was an atmosphere of rivalry but mutual respect between the two sets of fans within the stadia.

Then in the 1970's and 80's this atmosphere turned nastier with taunting between opposing fans escalating from the occasional fight to mass organised brawling and rioting on numerous occasions both inside and outside the stadium, weapons including knives became commomplace and were often used. Fans travelled to opposing cities with the intent of having a good fight with no regard to the game. It became a dangerous activity to walk about wearing the 'wrong' colours for fear of being kicked senseless or slashed, there were also a number of deaths attributable to soccer related violence.

I had always heard that US football stadia were safe places where you could go and watch a game, sit amongst the opposing fans, cheer for your team, enjoy some friendly rivalry and banter and have no fear that you would return home safely at the end of an enjoyable day of watching a wonderful sport. I had also heard that as the home team fans would outnumber the visiting fans then the away team on the pitch could expect to hear a lot of noise whilst they were on offense, which is fair enough as you've got to make something of homefield advantage.

I was lucky enough to get tickets for my first Redskins game for my 40th birthday this year. That game was at Tampa Bay so I went along with my girlfriend (who bought the tickets) and sat amongst a whole load of Bucs fans whilst wearing my Redskins shirt. I had some good conversations and friendly repartee with those Bucs fans around me, cheered for my team when they came onto the field, cheered when we scored or made a good play. All was fine until we scored our touchdown to make the score 19-21, when I stood up to cheer the touchdown somebody from about ten rows behind me threw an almost empty plastic cup of beer at me. Now the beer in the cup hit the poeple behind me and the cup hit the guy sitting in front of me, so no harm done to me :). At that point I thought "Shoot this could turn nasty", however the Bucs fans around me apologized for "that a******* behaviour - he's not a real fan". My faith was instantly restored in the American way of sports watching that I believed existed, so I cheered when we scored the two extra points. The rest of the game passed without further bad incident (apart from the misbeahving refs ! and the nois of the Bucs fans to disturb our offense ) and just as much friendly rivalry that had ensued before the aforemention unsavoury incident.

The point that I'm trying to make is that watching sports should be fun and safe for all, and if you begin to go down the road of intimidating opposing fans (rather than the opposing team) it may snowball out of control to the levels of violence seen in my country in the past few decades and watching sport then becomes no fun at all, except for those who are there just for the thrill of the violent inter-fan encounters.

So let's make Fed-Ex the noisiest most hostile stadium in the league for opposing players to visit but vent your feelings towards the field, that's where it matters. If their fans feel that they want to come too, then let them but treat them with the respect that we would want to receive when we visit their stadium to support our team. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be some rivalry and banter between fans but be careful how far it goes as I've seen first hand what can happen when good sports go bad.

1. At 95, you are doing well. That dress you're sport'n does you justice. :D

2. Football games are family events; I remember when my dad took me to see the Eddie Lebaron led Skins. It was one of my fondest memories and solidified my love of the Redskins. By saying it is a football game and not a family event, you deny any youngster the opportunity to experience our beloved Redskins....I would argue that it is both selfish and shallow to not allow kids the same rights of passage as those who came before them; just because you want to exercise your right to trash talk.

3. Well, I'll be at the Skins/Eagles game this week and I just hope that there are not many Eagles fans that have the same perspective as you.

It's funny that you talk about Eagle fans that would not sit down in front of you. I've been reading many threads about upset Redskin fans being asked to sit down during games...how ironic.

When I walk into Lincoln Financial Field this Sunday, I will do so with respect for the other teams home. (...also with the fear that I might meet someone like you, with too much to drink, and I'll get my ass kicked).

1. Thanks

2. No, football games ARE NOT family events. Disney on Ice is a family event. A football game is a SPORTING event where ALCOHOL IS SERVED, so don't tell me this is about FAMILY. Sure, I went to games as a kid, and I think children should be able to go to football game that's atleast PG-13 or lower. Look, if I see some kids around me I make sure I tone it down, sure. I can agree with that. But don't tell me this is family event.

3. Just because I'm displaying my hatred for opposing fans here doesn't mean I'm laying punches and cussing like crazy at the games. If the opposing fans don't get in my way or say stupid ****, I'll leave them alone. But I will stare them down in disgust, don't you worry.

I do, surprisingly, have a friend who is a Cowboy's fan. And I would NEVER invite him to go to Fedex with me. Are you kidding me? I have plenty of Redskins fan friends who BELONG there that I would rather bring. You think I would bring a hated enemy into friendly territory, are you sick in the head?

People are free to wander in and out of any stadium they choose, but I just find it disrespectful to come into my house if you're not a fan of my team, that's all. I'm not going to start anything unless the fan is unruly to begin with.

Well, unlike you, I enjoy seeing the smile fade from my friends face when the Redskins score. Then heckling him to death along with every other fan around me. This is called fun. Causing a brawl because someone is wearing a jersey is not fun, at least to me. If your "not going to start anything unless the fan is unruly to begin with" how do you justify someone being lucky if you don't "punch them in the face."?

Football games should be roudy as hell, but not to the point of brawling/physically settling a dispute. Thats what the players are paid to do.

Well, unlike you, I enjoy seeing the smile fade from my friends face when the Redskins score. Then heckling him to death along with every other fan around me. This is called fun. Causing a brawl because someone is wearing a jersey is not fun, at least to me. If your "not going to start anything unless the fan is unruly to begin with" how do you justify someone being lucky if you don't "punch them in the face."?

Football games should be roudy as hell, but not to the point of brawling/physically settling a dispute. Thats what the players are paid to do.

The "punch in the face" comment was a joke dude, come on.

C'mon guys this is football. It's a passionate game with passionate fans. If you go to a stadium dressed up in the away teams colors, you should be prepared for at least some heckling. That's just how it is. That's the way it should be.

Some heckling, for sure. I had some banter with Cowboys fans at the Dallas game, but it was all in good fun and they knew it. I would expect no less if I were to attend a Skins game in our colors at another team's stadium.

But those of you advocating fighting or serious verbal abuse are seriously screwed up people who need to get a life. This is a game. Grow up, or stay home.

Some of you "fans" are closer to the origin of the word -- fanatics.

And yes, the "you suck" chant should go. I would encourage Fedex management to stop playing "Rock and Roll, Part II" (the song where thousands of idiots scream it).

Wow. What a thread.

I've been mostly observing (to make sure I heard all viewpoints before commenting), and some here are guilty of imposing their own idea of what "class" is (or is not) on others. Everyone has the right to act in whatever fashion they choose, but along with that comes benefits/consequences. It's not for me to tell someone else how they SHOULD act in any given situation. I can state what the law is, but beyond that, what a person does or doesn't do is UP TO THEM, whether it coincides with my "idea" of "good taste" or not.

As to a football game being a "family event", I believe the game has changed so much over the years that our response to it/expectations of it must also change. I don't see it as "family entertainment" anymore. If I want my children to experience "fine family programming/events", I don't turn on/take them to football games. Just ask Janet Jackson if her wardrobe "malfunction" was designed to teach our kids anatomy.

If a guy wants to heckle another fan, let him do so, to whatever degree he chooses - AT HIS OWN RISK.....It's not up to any of us to be the "morality police" for FedEx Field; it's up to us to police our OWN conduct. A person that treats another person in a fashion that is unacceptable to the receiving person will soon find out what the receiving person deems an appropriate response.

Archived