Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jumping off the Bandwagon!!

tkatz

The entire week I could feel the hairs on my neck standing up. The anticipation I had for the Redskins versus Giants game was causing me goosepumps. While I will admitt I believed it would be a grind it out game I had the belief that we would pull it out. Infact, I was thinking further down the line. I was thinking Washington Redskins: superbowl contenders! This false hope couldnt have been further from the truth.

In what could have been the most important game for the Redskins in years we choked miserably and got straight up out-coached and out-played. The Giants offense was mechanical in their blocking, constantly having all of our players accounted for. Our supposed mighty offense looked worse then the 49'ers against a miserable pass defense. Our offensive line was exposed as was our defensive line. We dropped passes, comitted penalties, gave the ball up, missed assignments, missed even more tackles, and played sloppy un-disciplined football. It was embarassing to watch and was a confidence killer.

When I claimed to my best friend, who happens to be a New York Giants fan, that I believed we were superbowl contenders he laughed at me. And I knew that half of my belief was based on hope and not reality but none the less the hope was there, for the first time in my life I believed we could surprise the league. After todays horrendous loss it felt as though I had really been let down. Despite how well the Giants played there is no exscuse for coming into such a big game so unprepared and playing so poorly.

Game Notes: I've said it before earlier this year and was met with a lot of disagreement but this is the 3rd game this season where Chris Samuels played awful. He gets bull-rushed backword, gets flagged for penalties often, and hasnt been protecting Mark Brunell like he should. I just cant see how it can be argued that Samuels is playing well.

Casey Rabach has played only averagely, if that. And Derrick Dockery NEEDS to be replaced.

Phillip Daniels misses tackles, gets blown up on big runs, and is terrible in pursuit. He needs to be replaced in the offseason.

Our Secondary continues to impress me, with a better defensive line and some more discipline we should be a very good unit

We're not even a bandwagon team yet. We could have been after a good win today and a good one next week against Philly but this game was a downer. I was as exited for today as any Redskins or Giants fan, and just like tkatz i have a friend who roots for the giants. He had fun bustin my balls today. Anyway, Samuels has been choking, and Dockery does need to be replaced. Lets bring back our old buddy Tre Johnson!!!. Anyway, if we don;t win next week, we're in SERIOUS trouble

The only bandwagon people are jumping on is the liquor after the game! We suck so bad it hurts, but I love my team. I am always there to support them year after year. At least with Gibbs we always have hope. I'll be at the Eagles Game, and I'll scream at the Eagles fans until they cart me away!

When we beat Philly Sunday... you'll be back.

as I posted before, we are not the only team this year to get whipped, many of the top teams have had blowout loses all ready this season.

The Falcons lost 56-14 to a bad Chief team last season and went on to win the South and play in a NFC title game.

you don't play 6 game the way the skins have and all of a sudden become a bad team. It was one of those games. they happen, and we will go on.

sometimes a loss like this can focus a team to improve much like the Dolphins spanking Denver the first of the year, and look how they have done since.

The only bandwagon people are jumping on is the liquor after the game! We suck so bad it hurts, but I love my team. I am always there to support them year after year. At least with Gibbs we always have hope. I'll be at the Eagles Game, and I'll scream at the Eagles fans until they cart me away!

We SUCK??? What? Dude, we were extremely close to being 5-0 coming into this game. Lapse of concentration, yes, but to say we "suck so bad it hurts" is pure ignorance. You can join this other assclown.

First of all, we are not a bandwagon team in any sense or fashion, and with most of our players and their blue-collar work ethics, we just don't fit the criteria to be a bandwagon team. Sure it was a total team disaster today, but it was like a snowball rolling down a snowy hill. We fell behind and the Giants consistantly got to our QB to shut down any chance of moving down the field. But it was definatly an eye-opener. We are not as bad as we looked today, trust me. We will continue to find our character with this team and we will continue to fight hard. It's been our defining characteristic and today was our Redskins out of character. Forget this game, next week we have Philly and we need to support our team. Hail Skins!

Peace.We don't need panzy fans like you that don't believe in what this team can do.

Honestly, watch what you say, especially when you just sound stupid. Clearly I am going to support the Skins just as much as I have previously, the point I was trying to make which was I obviously didnt get across to you was that in terms of the Skins being superbowl contenders I have jumped off the bandwagon. I am not a fair-weather fan I simply do not believe after weaknesses were exposed in yesterdays game that we are superbowl contenders.

And dont call people you dont know panzys.

Honestly, watch what you say, especially when you just sound stupid. Clearly I am going to support the Skins just as much as I have previously, the point I was trying to make which was I obviously didnt get across to you was that in terms of the Skins being superbowl contenders I have jumped off the bandwagon. I am not a fair-weather fan I simply do not believe after weaknesses were exposed in yesterdays game that we are superbowl contenders.

And dont call people you dont know panzys.

If you were already looking ahead to the Superbowl, then it's your own damn fault for being so stupid in the first place.

Bandwagon? The Bandwagon has already crashed into a ditch and all four wheels have come off. The way things are going, it might be better to lose all the rest of the games and try to get the best 1st round pick that we can...wait I forgot...We don't HAVE a 1st round pick next year..thanks a lot Joe...:tantrum:

If you were already looking ahead to the Superbowl, then it's your own damn fault for being so stupid in the first place.

Now i'm saying for the second time watch what you say tough guy. Stupid? When we look like one of the best teams in the NFC (which we did before this game) and the fact that Tampa is more a pretender then contender then I think it was legitimate to talk about the bandwagon and a possible superbowl run. At this point last week we were a top 4 team in the NFC in my opinion. I realize I was being exceptionally hopeful but none the less it wasnt SO far fetched to be talking about superbowl contenders. I am not "peacing" the team, if you read the post correctly and didnt twist my words you'd actually realize that all I was saying is my hopes for a superbowl run came crashing down once I understood how many gaping holes we actually have. But thanks for being an A S S about it.

The entire week I could feel the hairs on my neck standing up. The anticipation I had for the Redskins versus Giants game was causing me goosepumps. While I will admitt I believed it would be a grind it out game I had the belief that we would pull it out. Infact, I was thinking further down the line. I was thinking Washington Redskins: superbowl contenders! This false hope couldnt have been further from the truth.

In what could have been the most important game for the Redskins in years we choked miserably and got straight up out-coached and out-played. The Giants offense was mechanical in their blocking, constantly having all of our players accounted for. Our supposed mighty offense looked worse then the 49'ers against a miserable pass defense. Our offensive line was exposed as was our defensive line. We dropped passes, comitted penalties, gave the ball up, missed assignments, missed even more tackles, and played sloppy un-disciplined football. It was embarassing to watch and was a confidence killer.

When I claimed to my best friend, who happens to be a New York Giants fan, that I believed we were superbowl contenders he laughed at me. And I knew that half of my belief was based on hope and not reality but none the less the hope was there, for the first time in my life I believed we could surprise the league. After todays horrendous loss it felt as though I had really been let down. Despite how well the Giants played there is no exscuse for coming into such a big game so unprepared and playing so poorly.

Game Notes: I've said it before earlier this year and was met with a lot of disagreement but this is the 3rd game this season where Chris Samuels played awful. He gets bull-rushed backword, gets flagged for penalties often, and hasnt been protecting Mark Brunell like he should. I just cant see how it can be argued that Samuels is playing well.

Casey Rabach has played only averagely, if that. And Derrick Dockery NEEDS to be replaced.

Phillip Daniels misses tackles, gets blown up on big runs, and is terrible in pursuit. He needs to be replaced in the offseason.

Our Secondary continues to impress me, with a better defensive line and some more discipline we should be a very good unit

I hope the Bandwagon runs your ass over when you're getting off. We don't want you nor need you buddy!

We don't ban people for having opinions.

We give people a little time to vent after bad losses.

We DO try to wrestle the monster back on to the tracks after a bit, though ... so look for threads like this to start being shut down when they inevitably devolve into fans accusing each other of being poor fans.

Your cooperation in NOT forcing us to do that all week long is greatly appreciated.

Archived