Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why did Billick call those timeouts..as the 1st..

Skinsfan1311

He seemed to be agonizing over the fact that we tied it the game at the end of the fourth and I was screaming 'cause he tried to do the same thing at the end of the half... Hypocrite.

My thoughts exactly! Its ok that he wanted to extend the game, but god forbid we do the exact same thing. Felt like slapping the tv at that point. Heh.

And at the end of the game, he looked pissed that we moved the ball to take it into overtime. He is such an @sshole. He ranks up there with Mike Martz in my opinion as the most arrogant, dickhead coaches in the league.

The only reason they won is because they had veterans going up against our fourth stringers. What's sad is our 4th stringers took it into overtime. LOL

Billick wanted nothing less then what he ended up getting a ravens win over the redskins . he's wants this to be a rivialry , battle of the beltways :doh: . a meaningless game to everyone except the ravens and their fans , if it sounds like i ranting some , it's because i am , be where i'm at this morning and you'd know what i mean :( you'd think they won the fricken superbowl again :doh: if i could move out of this area i surely would .

Good point Ernie5..I hadn't thought of that. It wasn't so much them working another offensive series, it's the fact that they were trying to force the Skins to punt, thus putting both teams players at risk. (It's special-teams where the players seem more likely to get hurt.) I'm still of the opinion that it was senseless, and disrespectful. It seemed more like a ploy for some more "face" time for the cameras.....

Kevin is exactly right. All of Billick's sour faces when the game went into OT didn't square with his desparatly calling three time outs to try to get the ball back with what would have been 15 seconds in the first half. The Redskins seemed shocked that he was trying to stretch out the half. Billick was so stupid you would think that he was auditioning for a job as a sportswriter.

He seemed to be agonizing over the fact that we tied it the game at the end of the fourth and I was screaming 'cause he tried to do the same thing at the end of the half... Hypocrite.

No kidding. The ego on that donkey. He has his offense intentionally go for a 2pt conversion so that a field goal can only tie, then we kick a field goal and tie it to send the game into OT. The hypocrisy and ego here are just amazing. Even if Coach Gibbs ultimately didn't care about winning the game, it was a shot across Billick's bow. It let him know we were going to at least not back down to his hand.

My thoughts exactly! Its ok that he wanted to extend the game, but god forbid we do the exact same thing. Felt like slapping the tv at that point. Heh.

Billick was responsible for extending the game at the end of the half and at the end of regulation.

When the Ravens took the lead with just under 2 minutes to play in the last preseason game, there was absolutely no reason to go for two. You're inviting overtime. If that's what you want, then fine...but don't look all annoyed when the Skins take the opportunity to work on the 2 minute drill with their first-round QB and get down in position to tie the game with a FG.

What would it have mattered if the Skins won that game 20-19 or lost it 19-17 (if Hall misses)?

I guess Billick wouldn't have had OT to pump up the confidence of his WRs.

Just another thing to add to the list of things that irritate me about BB.

:ravensuck

I actually think it was more sensible to call the time-outs at the end of the 1st half [when the game arguably means something] then going for two to extend the game. On the other hand, Billick might have been taking it as an opportunity to put in his two-point offense one last time before it counted. I don't like Billick at all, but I don't see it as a completely ridiculous move.

I sorta think playing a 1st string WR against our 3rds was a little odd -- especially b/c Hymes seemed somewhat hobbled at one point in OT. Wouldn't that have been funny?

Billick wanted nothing less then what he ended up getting a ravens win over the redskins . he's wants this to be a rivialry , battle of the beltways :doh: . a meaningless game to everyone except the ravens and their fans , if it sounds like i ranting some , it's because i am , be where i'm at this morning and you'd know what i mean :( you'd think they won the fricken superbowl again :doh: if i could move out of this area i surely would .

I hear you.....I was born and raised in the DC area and these people think there is a major rivalry against these two teams. They are all haters and we could care less about them. It funny......but not if you live here. That's why I hate the Ravens. Oh and Brian But-Lick is the most arrogant a-hole in the world.

That's Correct ! Mr. Rocky...but please form your responses in question form, i.e. (Why is He a Dumbass, for 100, Alex?)

Once again, you're right.

Answer: Because he called three frickin' time outs with less than a minute on the clock in the first half of a meaningless pre-season game so we could watch a career backup quarterback throw an incompletion.

Response: Why is Brian Billick is a Dumbass?

Archived