Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You Guys Are On Your Way

ATLFalconsFan

So, I posted a thread earlier this week talking about being excited for the game and all and wishing for a good one with no injuries. So I am sorry about what happened to RGIII, but I was glad to hear it's nothing that will keep him out for a while or anything.

But you guys are definitely on your way. Your rushing attack is dominant, pass rush was looking good, and the status of your offense looks like it is definitely is ready to turn into something huge. So, with all that said, after today's game, how are you all feeling about the 'Skins for the future?

What's this pass rush thing you speak of?

But yeah, obviously biased but I agree with you. We've been in every single game this year and all have been a blast to watch We're just a young team learning how to win. Add a couple more pieces on D and I can't ****ing wait until next year.

All tgese chicken little, forever negative fans can go jump off a bridge for all they're worth.

But yeah, obviously biased but I agree with you. We've been in every single game this year and all have been a blast to watch We're just a young team learning how to win. Add a couple more pieces on D and I can't ****ing wait until next year.

All tgese chicken little, forever negative fans can go jump off a bridge for all they're worth.

So, I agree. A lot of our fans felt the same during Matt's early years. It gets better and better though.

So, I agree. A lot of our fans felt the same during Matt's early years. It gets better and better though.

So, I posted a thread earlier this week talking about being excited for the game and all and wishing for a good one with no injuries. So I am sorry about what happened to RGIII, but I was glad to hear it's nothing that will keep him out for a while or anything.

But you guys are definitely on your way. Your rushing attack is dominant, pass rush was looking good, and the status of your offense looks like it is definitely is ready to turn into something huge. So, with all that said, after today's game, how are you all feeling about the 'Skins for the future?

Appreciate the sentiment but Ryan had all day to sit in the pocket and make throws on us. Our pass rush produced a few good plays but all-in-all I'd say that it was incredibly underwhelming. The coverage tonight was extremely sound (a pleasant surprise) until the defense was more or less exhausted in the 4th quarter and the run defense was good, which accounted for us keeping the game in reach even with an anemic passing attack. There are a lot of small things this team needs to work on before it's ready to be a playoff contender but we have taken a massive leap forward on offense with Griffin at the helm.

Our team has always been in the game for the past few years. We just have a defense that cant make stops when we need to or a QB that can win games for us. We have 1/2 out of those things. Even when our d was in the top 10, it wasn't a good defense. It would choke and give up scores when they needed to make a hold

Boy timing is everything isn't it? While I can't speak for every member on this board I will definitely say my future outlook for this team isn't all that positive. But I didn't expect much from us either. Great game and all on the scoreboard but it wasn't as close as the score reflects. Our offense and defense can't put it together one time on the same weekend. Injuries has a lil bit to do with that. But fans and coaches of poor teams make excuses while a good team adapts. Rebuilding is a term I've heard way to much in the last 10 years. By the time we done we better be the 10th wonder of the world.

Hopefully Robert learns from his bonehead play and learns how and when to minimize his hits. If not then we gonna be relying on Cousins to lead us. Our run game looks good but imagine how it would be with a real O-line. Wide receivers are better than previously but still scetchy at best. DBs are abysmal with no help coming. Oh well. It's all good though. Congrats to your Falcons. You beat a great college rank team.

Boy timing is everything isn't it? While I can't speak for every member on this board I will definitely say my future outlook for this team isn't all that positive. But I didn't expect much from us either. Great game and all on the scoreboard but it wasn't as close as the score reflects. Our offense and defense can't put it together one time on the same weekend. Injuries has a lil bit to do with that. But fans and coaches of poor teams make excuses while a good team adapts. Rebuilding is a term I've heard way to much in the last 10 years. By the time we done we better be the 10th wonder of the world.

Hopefully Robert learns from his bonehead play and leads how and when to minimize his hits. If not then we gonna be relying on Cousins to lead us. Our run game looks good but imagine how it would be with a real O-line. Wide receivers are better than previously but still scetchy at best. DBs are abysmal with no help coming. Oh well. It's all good though. Congrats to your Falcons. You beat a great college rank team.

Thanks for the post. ATL is certainly set up to be in the conversation at the end of the season.

As for the 'skins, I think most of us feel good about RG3 and the offense, in general. Morris has been a huge find, and it solves what I thought might be an issue for us (a predictably good rushing attack).

That said, we have a lot of issues that we need to fix to have a chance at being dominant.

1. We need a much better secondary or much better secondary play from the guys we currently have (I personally think our safeties are incapable of playing at a dominant level, and I think we may be asking them to do more than they are capable of).

2. We will need a very good inside linebacker to replace Fletcher very soon.

3. We need better OL personnel.

4. God, please, send us a kicker.

That said, I'm very optimistic for the first time in a long time because we have our franchise QB and enough weapons to keep us competitive. The issues we have will be harder to address due to God-ell's smiting of our salary cap space and the draft picks we (happily) paid for RG3. I think next year, we'll be close to a playoff team. Two years from now, I expect us to be NFCE champs and vying for a bye in the playoffs (probably with SF and ATL). I fully expect Haslett to be gone after this year, and likely Danny Smith as well. Talking out of my hinder parts here, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see us trade a highly respected pass rusher to recoup some draft picks given the fact that the unnamed player's contract is up after next year.

Falcons have a good football team. Athletes up and down the roster. I'd kill for WRs like White and Jones for RG3 to lob jump balls to and make plays with.

Good luck to your team. Hope you guys crush the Eagles Giants and Cowboys for us. We already helped you guys out by beating the Saints and Bucs, not that you really needed it.

but I also wouldn't be surprised to see us trade a highly respected pass rusher to recoup some draft picks given the fact that the unnamed player's contract is up after next year.

What type of draft compensation could one anticipate for a player that now has serious injury concerns? Just curious, since you feel this is a real possibility?

So, okay, after thinking it over you guys are right the pass rush was inconsistent. In my opinion is still showed signs of life. So it's funny how many parallels actually exist in these situations. Robert Griffin is talented but yeah he got a bit rattled today. This was the case with Ryan sometimes his rookie year too. Still, similar great run games and average defense. Hearing the rebuilding thing a lot is really annoying, we had to go through that a ton too, but as an outside fan I would say I feel that the Redskins are on an upward trend. I know a lot of you guys are down on long run stuff right now but I think they are making a nice core group with RG3, Morris, and Garcon (this one is a maybe).

Congratulations on the win. I was there, and I'm very impressed with your team.

Now take down the vaGiants, Fecals, and Cowturds.

Every time the Redskins win a game, I'm gonna go post on the opposing teams message board and tell them how good of a team they have or will have. That should cheer everyone up. I wonder if these fans would write such an "encouraging" post if the birds would have lost. HMMMMMMMMM.

Every time the Redskins win a game, I'm gonna go post on the opposing teams message board and tell them how good of a team they have or will have. That should cheer everyone up. I wonder if these fans would write such an "encouraging" post if the birds would have lost. HMMMMMMMMM.

So, I said two things earlier this week that would explain why I would do that. I said I wouldn't disappear after the game because I wasn't just heckling you guys, and I said I would congratulate the Redskins if you guys won when someone else said it is annoying if people show up and leave after losing. Plus I already talked about the same idea of a bright future in the original thread. Don't worry, haha I can see how it would look like I'm being arrogant--I'm not though, and I apologize if it seems like it, you guys put up a good fight.

So, I said two things earlier this week that would explain why I would do that. I said I wouldn't disappear after the game because I wasn't just heckling you guys, and I said I would congratulate the Redskins if you guys won when someone else said it is annoying if people show up and leave after losing. Plus I already talked about the same idea of a bright future in the original thread. Don't worry, haha I can see how it would look like I'm being arrogant--I'm not though, and I apologize if it seems like it, you guys put up a good fight.

It was a good game. I had my doubts about you guys, but you're on your way, too.

Sometimes good sportmanship is good.

I don't think anyone would have forced you to come back if Atlanta actually lost. I'm sure you're a nice guy, but I just can't think of a worse time to congratulate a team on losing than right after the game. Just sayin.

You know, a friend of mine pretty much said the samething and I told him the samething Gorilla Monsoon used to say, "Close only counts in horse shows amd hand grenades." I'm tired of being close in every game, year after year to only lose late.

I don't think anyone would have forced you to come back if Atlanta actually lost. I'm sure you're a nice guy, but I just can't think of a worse time to congratulate a team on losing than right after the game. Just sayin.

And yet you're one of the few people who took offense to a cool fan of another team saying we've got talent and are going places.

Weird.

Archived