Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Important Message From the Hogettes- Imposter Hogette

Huly

The Hogettes asked me to post this for them. The imposter is from NY and you need to be wary of him if you see him at the stadium etc. He claims to be NY's only Hogette.

"It has come to our attention that an individual is representing himself to be a Hogette. Please be aware that 'HOGETTES' is a Registered Trademark and the Hogette likeness is COPYWRITED. He is currently in violation of both federal and state statutes. We have requested that he immediately remove any likeness of himself as a 'Hogette' from any public or private forum. Likewise, we have requested that he remove any reference to himself as a 'Hogette', representing himself as a 'Hogette' or in any manner alluding to himself as a 'Hogette' or representing the 'Hogettes'.

We have a very stringent set of rules and guidelines on who can become a Hogette and we monitor all of our members to insure that inappropriate action does not occur. We are very disturbed that someone would portray us in a negative manner and try to insure that this does not happen. However, from time to time we find it necessary to protect our Trademark and Copyright.

If you feel that you have been approached by an impostor or become aware of a potential impostor, please contact us immediately at:

hogettes.org or hogettes.net

Thanks you

Hail to the Redskins

The HOGETTES"

A friend of mine was in a group tailgating before the Rams game and the fake Hogette approached the group. He obviously had been drinking and he made inappropriate comments to some of the ladies in the group.

Definitely a bad apple and doing some damage to the name.

Update: I posted this on my blog, too, to help get the word out.

A friend of mine was in a group tailgating before the Rams game and the fake Hogette approached the group. He obviously had been drinking and he made inappropriate comments to some of the ladies in the group.

Definitely a bad apple and doing some damage to the name.

They have received multiple complaints about this guy and the reason you stated above is why this message needs to get out there. They are concerned for the fans that might come into contact with him as he is inappropriate and could be dangerous.

Fair enough. But isn't the whole wearing a dress and hog nose thing pretty much played out? I know those guys are great fans and do a lot of charity stuff. But I'm torn on this. On one hand, they're keeping a tradition alive. But the last of the Hogs stopped playing 15 years ago. It's as if the Funky Four did their thing for 22 years.

But, they are great fans. More power to 'em. And since they've established that identity, they can't let some New York drunkard tarnish it.

Every day I have to fight the cynicism creeping in...

For those on Facebook, you might want to remove him as a friend. I removed him last night. He is Stephette Hogette. I met him at the HOF game. I figured he was a fake but he seemed nice at HOF but I was so busy I did not get a lot of interaction with him. If need be I can post a photo of him as I have one from the HOF game.

For those on Facebook, you might want to remove him as a friend. I removed him last night. He is Stephette Hogette. I met him at the HOF game. I figured he was a fake but he seemed nice at HOF but I was so busy I did not get a lot of interaction with him. If need be I can post a photo of him as I have one from the HOF game.

Do post, so we know who we're talking about...

Fair enough. But isn't the whole wearing a dress and hog nose thing pretty much played out? I know those guys are great fans and do a lot of charity stuff. But I'm torn on this. On one hand, they're keeping a tradition alive. But the last of the Hogs stopped playing 15 years ago. It's as if the Funky Four did their thing for 22 years.

But, they are great fans. More power to 'em. And since they've established that identity, they can't let some New York drunkard tarnish it.

It is not just the fact he is dressing like them but he is pretending to be them and he is a danger to fans at the stadium. They are using their copyright to get him to stop and then hopefully fans will not go up to him thinking he is a Hogette.

It is not just the fact he is dressing like them but he is pretending to be them and he is a danger to fans at the stadium. They are using their copyright to get him to stop and then hopefully fans will not go up to him thinking he is a Hogette.

Agree. It's the prudent thing to do. I do have respect for those guys, because they are obviously die hard fans and as I recall they do a lot of community outreach type stuff.

If I may play Devil's advocate for a moment..

It seems like the "real" Hogette's need to drop the elitist attitude and move on. It's a dress and a nose. I understand that they have a positive image among fans and media, but for them to feel like they are the ONLY ones who can portray such an image is a little annoying to me. The "impostor" at least has good intentions, doesn't he? I mean, it's not like he's really a Giants fan making a mockery of the Hogette's, right? They should feel honored that their image is being used by others.. imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

It seems like the "real" Hogette's need to drop the elitist attitude and move on. It's a dress and a nose. I understand that they have a positive image among fans and media, but for them to feel like they are the ONLY ones who can portray such an image is a little annoying to me. The "impostor" at least has good intentions, doesn't he? I mean, it's not like he's really a Giants fan making a mockery of the Hogette's, right? They should feel honored that their image is being used by others.. imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

It is not that he is just dressing like them, claiming to be one of them etc but that he is harming fans under their name. He is dangerous to women and possibly children.

You may not.

What you need to do is understand what the following two sentences from the original post mean.

Please be aware that 'HOGETTES' is a Registered Trademark and the Hogette likeness is COPYWRITED. He is currently in violation of both federal and state statutes.

It helps if you actually read the original post instead of being in a rush to hear the clacky-clack of your keyboard so you can offer up drivel just be 'different'. :)

You may not.

What you need to do is understand what the following two sentences from the original post mean.

It helps if you actually read the original post instead of being in a rush to hear the clacky-clack of your keyboard so you can offer up drivel just be 'different'. :)

I read everything, tiger. Calm down.

Doesn't change the fact that their acting like children.

NOW- If this guy is doing what Huly is asserting, and is harassing people or acting downright belligerent, that changes the dynamic completely.. and I agree that he needs to be stopped. It just rubs me the wrong way that they act like they're the only ones who can do this. Trademark or no trademark, its elitist and childish. (unless, AGAIN, he's TARNISHING the image).

My sincere apologies for having an opinion, Mr. TK, sir.

That's a pretty serious allegation.

I am not sure what Huly wants to spell out on the board, but there have been some "incidents" with this guy...

I think the hogettes are trying to go about this in a nice way by using the copyright statement, but in reality, I think they are more worried about this guy damaging their good public image with the TONS of charity work they do..

One guy coming along and claiming to be part of their organization and wrecking their reputation as a wholesome group can damage all the non-profit chairty work they do...

What exactly has this guy done? This makes it sound like the police should be looking for him.

They have received multiple complaints about inappropriate behavior towards women. How far he has taken that I do not know. I can say on facebook he tries to give young women tickets to attend a game with him and from I have heard from other fans is he tries to inappropriately touch women and makes sexual advances and inappropriate comments.

They have received multiple complaints about inappropriate behavior towards women. How far he has taken that I do not know. I can say on facebook he tries to give young women tickets to attend a game with him and from I have heard from other fans is he tries to inappropriately touch women and makes sexual advances and inappropriate comments.

Then I retract my previous statements. I agree that he needs to stop portraying himself as a Hogette.

Archived