Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn: "Clinton Portis called the play"

occidio

"Clinton willed his way to get the first down" (regarding the 4th and 2 in the 4th quarter)

We are very lucky to have a football player like Clinton. He is the best RB the Redskins EVER had.

I'm guessing you're too young to remember Riggo, except from highlights. There's a reason that guy's in the Hall of Fame.

Love CP, but let's not forget Riggi when you talk about all time best backs for the Skins.

CP is running better than I have ever seen him run. He's always been a great all around back, but making huge plays and staying on his feet. Loved his run on 4 and 2. Awesome.

And to believe some people still debate to this day about whether or not the trade with Denver was worth it.........:rolleyes:

We shouldn't have given them a 2nd rounder, but then again you'd have to think we probably wouldn't have gotten Chris Cooley if we gave up a lower pick.

We shouldn't have given them a 2nd rounder, but then again you'd have to think we probably wouldn't have gotten Chris Cooley if we gave up a lower pick.

True. we could have gotten a second rounder from them I Think/ That was before Danny and VInny knew what VALUE meant.

I'm guessing you're too young to remember Riggo, except from highlights. There's a reason that guy's in the Hall of Fame.

Considering that Portis has been a home run back, a bruiser back and is now back to being a well-balanced back who is one of the best pass blocking backs to play the game (I'm talking Walter Payton-type blocking here as feature back) and can catch better than Riggo--Portis is a more talented better back.

Riggo IS a Hall of Famer. Doesn't mean Portis is not the better running back.

It doesnt get any better than that, running up the gut with your stud back, in the NFC Beast, in hostile territory against a very respected d coordinator, to seal a huge victory, on 4th down late in the game.

If we did that last year, it would have been from under center, with no fakes, and it would have been much easier to defend. Instead our stud coach calls the shotgun formation, adding a small bit of doubt of if we run / pass.

His aggressive play calls from previous weeks pay dividends in more than just that one game folks; Jim Johnson was probably doubling Moss deep on that play.

Even though we ran for 200 on them. BAH HA HA HA. Jim Zorn and Portis make a great team.

Portis is one of the best RB in the league now. his blocking is really good too, I know he likes to put people on their butt too. first game against giants, not much in that game but he had that one block he laid on someone, cant remember who but it felt so great...

Not to debate who was a better running back, I will just say that both are equally important to their teams.

Riggo had the hogs blocking for him and Portis has ....................................

Portis is an animal and a team player. His willingness to block and take himself out when he needs a breather for the good of the team is evidence of this.

When it's all said and done, I think he will be the best RB in Skins history. But first he needs some stellar playoff performances...Riggins in '83 was just insane. And Riggins has the ring, too.

But Portis will have the better numbers at the end, IMO.

We're very fortunate to have him. I can't believe there are people on this board and in this area that hate on him.

When its all said and done Clinton will be in the same breath as all Redskins greats. It's incredible that we have such an awesome back. It's also incredible we're 4-1. HTTR!

Agreed CP is just an awesome player and I am so glad that he's on our team.

Archived