Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaRon Landry

mAshparie36

After numerous threads of complaining, whining, and an out-pouring of poor frusterated souls, I wondered, no one has commented on the Landry's playing Sunday.

Im not here to bash him or anything, it wasn't his fault we lost, but a few things stood out to me, and i'd like to know what you guys thought

Against philly, Landry did good. The play that westbrook broke for about 30 yards, landry missed the tackle at the line, which was kinda surprising to me. Jaws pointed it out also. He then made up for it later on in the game, coming close to that INT towards the end,which was a hard catch to make, then the big pop on kevin curtis to end the game.

Sunday, i couldn't help but notice landry missing tackles. It was started to bother me. Given he's a rookie in all, he was our #1 draft pick. This guy is suppose to be the ****, and still is in my mind, but iunno, maybe sunday just wasnt a good day. I cant tell if his poor coverage on shockey all the second half was due to him being a rookie, or that he just wasn't covering well.

I hope these, and the other problems can get fixed, cause i love Area 51, but sunday it just seemed like it was Area 21

Let me know what you guys think

He is a rookie, he is going to make mistakes. We can't expect him to be Sean Taylor in his 3rd game.

Sure we can. Sean Taylor misses tackles all the time. So does Ed Reed, and Polomalu, and Urlacher...get my drift? It's a part of the game. Landry is a rookie and absolutely he's going to make mistakes but like Gdub said during the preseason, "the guys feel and I do too that we're a better defense with him in there..." Landry will only get better...that's scary good news :) :2cents:

HTTR

Needs to wrap up a little better. Can't always lower your shoulder and lay em out. He'll learn that.

Yea, definitely.

We all know Taylor is an exceptional and phenomenal athlete/saftety. I hope Landry can get on the same level, cause he's got great potential, and its gonna be needed in order for that secondry to succeed.

Laron, like Jason, is still learning, (though even more so obviously). For all his talent and quick learning, he's still going to make mistakes from time to time that make you shake your head. However, he is making progress and as long as that continues, he'll be just fine, (and coincidentally enough, so will the D). His mistakes will become fewer and the good plays will become more consistent.

I don't think it's fair to single out one player *cough*Betts*cough,* excuse me, LaRon wasn't at his best but I didn't see anyone who was. Other than maybe Rock Cartwright on kickoffs, all of our boys left something to be desired. As for the ST comparisons, LaRon is further along than he was at this point in his career, I don't believe that Taylor was starting even three games in.

EDIT: Also, LFB, don't know how I forgot about two takeaways that resulted in 10 points.

wtf are you talking about landry had 11 tackles and 6 solo...led the team in tackles sunday...wtf lol

Well im not like making this up. Maybe it was just me, it just seemed like he missed alot of tackles. Maybe it was important downs that he missed the tackles, and important downs that his coverage was bad, but it stood out in my mind.

He is a rookie, he is going to make mistakes. We can't expect him to be Sean Taylor in his 3rd game.

Why not?? Sean Taylor was a beast from his very first play. Landry can be equal or better caliber athlete & football player that Sean Taylor when he was a rookie. Don't sleep

look at tackles for the skins please http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=270923028

did you completely just ignore my last post? Im not implying that you lied. Maybe to you it looked like he made more plays, was all over the field, etc etc. But to me I was just a bit shaky on his performance. Again it wasn't his fault we lost, and he's growing, just like JC, to become a great saftey.

iunno maybe its just a bitterness still coming out from the loss.

Why not?? Sean Taylor was a beast from his very first play. Landry can be equal or better caliber athlete & football player that Sean Taylor when he was a rookie. Don't sleep

Didn't Sean Taylor get burned on a flea flicker against Dallas in his first season? Being a great athlete doesn't mean you don't have to ease into your rookie season.

did you completely just ignore my last post? Im not implying that you lied. Maybe to you it looked like he made more plays, was all over the field, etc etc. But to me I was just a bit shaky on his performance. Again it wasn't his fault we lost, and he's growing, just like JC, to become a great saftey.

iunno maybe its just a bitterness still coming out from the loss.

no i didnt ignore it, i saw the missed tackles ect...how ever he did lead the team in tackles and he's a rookie, so obviously he's doing something right, but like i said, he did miss a few..he could have had 15-16 tackles, so i do see where your coming from. I just dont see how you can call it "poor performance"

*EDIT* sry you didnt say "poor performance" you said "wasnt a good day" but to me same difference lol

no i didnt ignore it, i saw the missed tackles ect...how ever he did lead the team in tackles and he's a rookie, so obviously he's doing something right, but like i said, he did miss a few..he could have had 15-16 tackles, so i do see where your coming from. I just dont see how you can call it "poor performance"

If he's leading our team in tackles, the entire defense is doing something wrong.

I don't think it's fair to single out one player *cough*Betts*cough,* excuse me, LaRon wasn't at his best but I didn't see anyone who was. Other than maybe Rock Cartwright on kickoffs, all of our boys left something to be desired. As for the ST comparisons, LaRon is further along than he was at this point in his career, I don't believe that Taylor was starting even three games in.

Gotta disagree cuz ST was very very good and showed tremendous potential while landry is pretty good and shows just as much potential, just dont hes a capable as the MEAST is

iunno poor performance was maybe a wrong way to say it, but that part of my commentary was directed more towards his coverage. Those passes right down the middle to shockey were killers, and i cant tell if it was him or the Lb's. Anyways in all, he still a great safety, and i appreciate your posts and opinions, its opening my mind up to more than what i thought.

If he's leading our team in tackles, the entire defense is doing something wrong.
how is landry leading team in tackles a problem in the defense? you dont think maybe he's just that good? or you saying our D is horrible...our D is good and back to 05 form, just that prevent crap is what cost us the game

I didn't see him covering Shockey...From what I remember most of Shockey's catches came on Fletcher and Rocky...

But to answer your question he is missing some tackles at the line, he just needs to come in under control...He is flying in with his head down and is getting juked...

iunno poor performance was maybe a wrong way to say it, but that part of my commentary was directed more towards his coverage. Those passes right down the middle to shockey were killers, and i cant tell if it was him or the Lb's. Anyways in all, he still a great safety, and i appreciate your posts and opinions, its opening my mind up to more than what i thought.
i aprreciate yours as well...keeps me from being a homer lol, if he picked up thosed missed tackles he would have been defensive player of the week...even with the loss

how is landry leading team in tackles a problem in the defense? you dont think maybe he's just that good? or you saying our D is horrible...our D is good and back to 05 form, just that prevent crap is what cost us the game

Buddy,

He is a safety. As the name of his position implies, he is the last line of defense. I know he plays up a lot, but ball carriers shouldn't be getting to him that often. Last year, Archuleta led the team in tackles before he got benched. At season's end, Taylor was the team leader. In '05, it was Lemar Marshall; '04, Antonio Pierce. Get it?

Archived