Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All this talk of trades......

NVskinsfan

'Skins will not trade for players and will trade down from #6. Draft day will not be a 1 pick on Saturday!!!

'Skins need to get younger and have some depth.

FO has made some quality depth signings, but more youth needs to be infused... :thumbsup:

'Skins will not trade for players and will trade down from #6. Draft day will not be a 1 pick on Saturday!!!

FO has made some quality depth signings, but more youth needs to be infused... :thumbsup:

wow, what a groundbreaking perspective. i've never heard anything like that before. :D

personally, i think the skins will trade up, stay at 6, or trade down. i am about 70 percent sure the skins will go one of those directions as far as the draft is concerned.

wow, what a groundbreaking perspective. i've never heard anything like that before. :D

personally, i think the skins will trade up, stay at 6, or trade down. i am about 70 percent sure the skins will go one of those directions as far as the draft is concerned.

I agree, although I'd say the odds are more 50/50 we make one of those moves.

I guess we could just trade the 6 pick for a player straight up...

This is almost as breath taking as the original post...

Let's get this straight...you are 70% sure that the Skins will do 1 of 3 possible things. Where is the other 30% of your logic???? Just not show up to the draft?

The skins only have about $4M left under the cap (unless they cut some guys, like Wynn). So, they really only have room to sign one or two high draft picks. So, I think we will be picking at #6 OR trade down for a mid-1st and mid-2nd round picks. Carolina might be ideal in a trade down since they got the #14th and #45th pick(2nd-round #13).

The skins only have about $4M left under the cap (unless they cut some guys, like Wynn). So, they really only have room to sign one or two high draft picks. So, I think we will be picking at #6 OR trade down for a mid-1st and mid-2nd round picks. Carolina might be ideal in a trade down since they got the #14th and #45th pick(2nd-round #13).

Who would Carolina trade up for? I personally think we should drop no further than 12 and think it's entirely possible with the Bills, especially if Quinn or Peterson are still on the board when our turn rolls around. If we drop to that point, Branch will still be available and we may get a second round pick to snag a 2nd tier DE. Draft day can't come soon enough. :(

Who would Carolina trade up for? I personally think we should drop no further than 12 and think it's entirely possible with the Bills, especially if Quinn or Peterson are still on the board when our turn rolls around. If we drop to that point, Branch will still be available and we may get a second round pick to snag a 2nd tier DE. Draft day can't come soon enough. :(

Yeah, just looked-up Carolina's situation. They only have about $2M left in cap space. They need linebackers and a TE. So, they won't be trading up.

I don't think Buffalo will go for Quinn. They might go after Peterson though.

This is almost as breath taking as the original post...

Let's get this straight...you are 70% sure that the Skins will do 1 of 3 possible things. Where is the other 30% of your logic???? Just not show up to the draft?

well the other 30 percent is for the possibility we trade the #6 pick and clinton portis to he cowboys for terrell owens. ;)

Wheres Mike Ditka when you need him, I was hoping to acquire 9 picks for the # 6 pick. Oh well

Only thing is, Vinnie has become Ditkaesque. I could see him trading away the whole draft and part of next years to move up.

I got some inside information from a source but you all can't tell anyone. Ok now I've known my source for awhile now and he's (or she's) never steered me wrong before. This person says that it's a 100% lock that the Skins are either going to draft a defensive player or an offensive player. That a special teams player is off the board. Please don't tell anyone. I don't want to lose my source.

Really, what else is there left to do? Trade sideways?

Archived