Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please Sell the Team Mr. Snyder ("Snyder Sux" Thread Merged - M.E.T.)

chief_redskin_fan

My first superbowl was 72 season pitting Skins against Dolphins and have been the most FANatical of fans ever since. I never thought I would see a day when being a fan seemed hopeless.

The day has come. Vin Cerrato has been promoted. To this point, the worst decision ever was the hire of Steve Spurrier. But who was behind that decision but vinny boy and pepper head.

Sell the team Mr. Snyder, before you destroy it. And lose your fans and revenue in the process.

Bringing Joe Gibbs back was arguably the best move made by this confused group. Continuity would seem to make sense. But even that is not so paramount as providing the sound basis for decision making. Cerrato makes such a basis IMPOSSIBLE.

I cringe at the thought of Fassel or Mora. Cowher would be okay. Williams seems to give the Skins the greatest chance of success, at least in the short term. But I am not even talking about the coaching decision.

Get a GM, get rid of Cerrato, lose your fans or sell the team.

I agree. I'd love nothing more than for him to sell this team. He's getting ready to break a team apart that came together and bonded emotionally to accomplish great things. With everything as is, a solid draft and getting our injured players back would have made us a force. Instead, not only will we have to learn a new offense, but we will have to learn a new defense as well. He is trying to make another splash but this time he is making himself look like a joke. I'm embarrased to be a skins fan right now. Even if he hire Gregg, I'm embarrased we gave Fassel/Ryan a thought.

yes, i totally agree with livestrongskins, ifwe are just making noise why make noise with fassel and ryan??? I dont understand. But good idea on selling the team to gibbs racing, mabye synder will sell it for a discount to joe because the franchise is worth like 1.2 billion and gibbs racing probably isnt worth 500 million or anywhere close

Dan Snyder apparently learned NOTHING from Joe Gibbs, he lied to us all when he said so at the press conference. He runs this team for He, Himself, and his interests, (& apparently for Vinny too) it has nothing to do with Loyalty, Consistency, or what the fans want, once again, The Redskins are going to be the laughing stock of the NFL. :mad:

i'm sick of this crap. vinny is a waste of space. danny has not done anything but gouge the fans for every dollar since he has been the owner.

lets jsut say i'm not too confident in the vinny/danny combo finding a successful coach.

don't get me wrong....I would LOVE to be wrong.

My first superbowl was 72 season pitting Skins against Dolphins and have been the most FANatical of fans ever since. I never thought I would see a day when being a fan seemed hopeless.

The day has come. Vin Cerrato has been promoted. To this point, the worst decision ever was the hire of Steve Spurrier. But who was behind that decision but vinny boy and pepper head.

Sell the team Mr. Snyder, before you destroy it. And lose your fans and revenue in the process.

Bringing Joe Gibbs back was arguably the best move made by this confused group. Continuity would seem to make sense. But even that is not so paramount as providing the sound basis for decision making. Cerrato makes such a basis IMPOSSIBLE.

I cringe at the thought of Fassel or Mora. Cowher would be okay. Williams seems to give the Skins the greatest chance of success, at least in the short term. But I am not even talking about the coaching decision.

Get a GM, get rid of Cerrato, lose your fans or sell the team.

Amen, my friend.:applause:

Welcome to Haters Anonymous, where they're all intoxicated on Snyder hatred.

Mistakes Snyder definitely made his first few years, but I can't think of very many bad decisions that Snyder has made in the past 5 years. And Cerrato did a nice job this year with the depth. Give it a rest and give 'em a chance to see if Gibbs rubbed off on 'em.

You may now commence throwing tomatoes...

I think hiring Marvin Lewis was a worse decision as DC was a worse decision than hiring Spurrier. Because the team then proceeded to stock up on defense knowing that Lewis was likely gone the next year. Real stupid move.

Spurrier had nothing to work with on offense.

except for the fact that Marv ran all the practices while SS was practicing his golf swing and buying kegs for the team bus...

Yeah...let's list the ways Snyder is a bad owner...

He's willing to spend ANY amount of money to bring back a Hall Of Fame Coach.

He'll pay any amount of money for a player he feels will best help us out.

He's not making any rash jusdgements on this coaching hire.

Yeah he's so bad...

I wish he could be more like Bill Bidwill...not spending any moeny on a signing bonus to lure a player onto the team...or I wish he was like Al Davis who is as senile as a rock...or I wish he was like Jerry Jones who is allways on the sidelines and in the coaches business...or I wish he was like the packers owner who basically does nothing and lets Randy Moss slip out of town with out so much as an offer...or the Dolphins owner who, well, thats too easy...

Anyone who thnk Snyder is a bad owner is dilusional...all he has done is whatever it takes, primarily spending the cash need to win.

I think that Snyder would be considered a great owner if he had managed the team correctly after the '99 season. We had Johnson, Davis, ect. and all we really needed was to bolster our defense (which ranked somewhere around the bottom). But he decided to bring in "Neon", Carrier, and the whole lot of players to try and make this franchise a super bowl team when that is not how to build a winner.

Snyder has to be the worst owner in the league. He will never learn. This team will be mediocre as long as Snyder is our owner. Hell, if a hall of fame coach couldn't do it, nobody else could.

Are you serious? We could be stuck with an owner who DOESN'T like to spend money. The Skins are the 2nd richest NFL franchise...so he is obviously doing something right.

I am literally disgusted at this point and i completely agree that snyder is the common denominator in our franchises struggles...i dont understand how someone as accomplished as dan snyder (someone who managed to make billions in cut-throat industries) could be such a devistating failure in another semi-similar job....its beyond me.

That being said If this hire/hires goes through i am seriously contemplating putting my fan-hood in hibernation untill this regime of retards is gone, snyder and his sycophantic sidekick cerrato!

SNYDER AND CERRATO MUST GO!

We must be in the "anger stage" of losing a loved one. That love one being Gibbs. Between losing him and a coach not being named in less than 1 week, the team needs to be sold. To whom? Gibbs would have to spend more time with the team than he did as head coach. It would be a year round job. I'm no Dan lover but he is evolving as an owner. At least he doesn't pace the sidelines like Jerry Jones. Can you imagine how tense that would make the players?

Dan has put us through some tough times and has made some bad decisions. But I must say he loves the team as much as anyone. He just approached it all wrong. He spent an insane amount of money on players and coaches for what? To bring a SB trophy back to DC. And yes, i'm sure he's eyeing the profit also but he gave Joe total autonomy without question. That spoke volumes to me.

Dan Snyder is a buisness man FIRST, and foremost. The Redskins generate a lot of money for this man. He claims that he is a fan, but he has made desicions that have me scratching my head. From a buisness standpoint selling the naming rites for FedEx made perfect sense, From a Fans standpoint, removing Jack Kent Cookes name was treason. As a fan, I would have told the folks at FedEx, You get FedEx Field AT Jack Kent Cooke Stadium. I cant see how they would have a problem with this. I cant even see the buisness sense in replacing Frank Herzog, a FAN favorite. Does Larry Michael work for less? Ask anyone in Pittsburgh what would have happened if the Steelers tried to replace Myron Cope, before HE said so. Maybe Dan just needs better advisors on what it takes to run a pro football team.

I don't want to hear spit from any of you when some Peter Angelos-esque billionaire swoops down and buys the team, and turns it into the Orioles or Marlins of the NFL.

Owners are a total crap-shoot, and I'll live and die with $nyder for one reason: He's a fan - first and foremost, and he open up his pocketbook and actively tries to build a championship caliber team - EVERY year.

I don't agree with all of his methods. I don't like Vinny. I get frustrated with his big-name fetish. But it's a lot like having a coach who's ultra conservative, never taking his shots and letting his team play ball, versus the attacking coach, who lets it all hang out, and it blows up in his face from time to time.

Give me the man who plays to WIN any day of the week. Atleast it won't be boring.

all he has done is whatever it takes

Well, yeah, except firing his lackey and bringing in an ACTUAL FOOTBALL GUY to run this team as GM and turning the authority over him. That would require relinquishing control.

Spending and making money does not make a successful owner. Lombardis do. And he has 0. So he is FAIL at owner.

Archived