Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Insomniacs Thread - **** Those Darned Cowpukes!

BigRedskinDaddy

Well, this IS a pleasant surprise!

After many long months of self-imposed exile, I am at long last ready, willing and able to participate in one of my formerly favorite traditions: the Saturday night insomniacs thread.

Not only that, I have the singular honor of starting it. I love it.

Let's go get us some 'Puke hides tomorrow. Beat them goldarned Cowgirls!

Join me my sleep-challenged friends. Let us discuss whatever happens to cross our radar...

On Monday after a hard loss lately I start playing Fantasy GM. Thinking maybe we can get Luck... Barkley... get a 2nd round Cornerback or keep solidifying the OL.

After I play out all my "future scenarios" Im left empty all week. Looking over my fantasy football teams that I careless about in the scheme of things.

But here at 12:34 am for the 1st time all week their is that innocent child like hope that pops into my heart.

Even though my brain says "Our team is in disaray. I dont even know how to spell disaray... Our team is hopeless, no QB, no running game and a butt average defense."

Our playoff chances are down to .0000000000001 percent.

But something says to me. What if Grossman finally gets it, What if Ryan Torrain or Helu and our OL can get it together. What if our defense smothers Romo sits to pee! WHAT IF BRANDON F'N BANKS CAN TAKE ONE BACK TO THE HOUSE! WHAT IF REED DOUGHTY COULD ACTUALLY TAKE A INTERCEPTION BACK TO THE HOUSE! WHAT IF!??!

I know, I know. Its over for this year. Our team is beyond pathetic because of Vinny and Danny.

I even questioned why am I a Redskins fan this week... I f'n hate fed ex field. I go and I feel like Im the only one standing screaming my ass off. Maybe its just my cruddy seats that I got from the blood drive donation.

I gave my blood for this team. I quite literally bleed burgundy.

I can understand those who have officially quit on this year.

But for me. Im going to hope hope HOPE we beat the f'n Cowgirls. Send Murray back to earth... Send Dezzy back to the mall where he can get told by security gaurds to PULL UP YOUR DAMN PANTS. Make Jerry Jones have diahrrea, and make Tony Romo sits to pee wintz and pout.

F the Cowgirls... Hail to the Redskins. This is it! Win or Die! thats the attitude this team has to have.

WIN OR DIE!

Sorry Im emotional right now. lol

HRNY...

Great post my friend. I had a similar experience today... Haven't thought much about the game all week either and when I did I came up with 31-10 Cowboys. But today, it crossed my mind a bit. Rationality and coherence were abaandoned and I convinced myself that maybe this is the week where a few things come together. Maybe Rex has one of those games that has kept him in the league this long. Maybe Choice is unleashed... Maybe Dallas is flat and makes big mistakes... Maybe a few wild bounces go our way... After I stopped thinking, I had it 23-20 Redskins :)

So, it never ends. It is a perpetual cycle of my heart as a fan trumping my head as an experienced football observer. It never ends. Ever. If I could turn it off I would have done so somewhere around 1998. I simply must leave that sliver of hope in my heart open every week in order for me to feel like a fan... It sucks.

Maybe someday it will all pay off.

HRNY...

Great post my friend. I had a similar experience today... Haven't thought much about the game all week either and when I did I came up with 31-10 Cowboys. But today, it crossed my mind a bit. Rationality and coherence were abaandoned and I convinced myself that maybe this is the week where a few things come together. Maybe Rex has one of those games that has kept him in the league this long. Maybe Choice is unleashed... Maybe Dallas is flat and makes big mistakes... Maybe a few wild bounces go our way... After I stopped thinking, I had it 23-20 Redskins :)

So, it never ends. It is a perpetual cycle of my heart as a fan trumping my head as an experienced football observer. It never ends. Ever. If I could turn it off I would have done so somewhere around 1998. I simply must leave that sliver of hope in my heart open every week in order for me to feel like a fan... It sucks.

Maybe someday it will all pay off.

The child like hope we have is either a curse or a gift or both. But you are right. One day it will pay off and it will be amazing.

---------- Post added November-20th-2011 at 01:15 AM ----------

So, uh...you need some kind of transfusion for that, or is it genetic? :silly:

Its genetic. My great great great great great grandfather was Cheif Rakpo of the Redskin Tribe...

Perform well, but give us the L.

That's my motto the rest of the season.

Yeah, I'd have to agree.

What good is winning 2, 3 more games going to do? The team is going to have a huge shakeup come March anyway. Might as well play for draft positioning.

I want the Redskins to win every single game, but at this point, I'm immune to the losses. :(

<shakes head>

What the -

Crusher, say it ain't so! Never thought you'd advocate mailing it in brutha...

(although I DO see the logic at this point)

Yea. I figured, if we suck just a little bit more than our usual amount of suck, then we'll be able to draft someone to help us.....not suck.

Or something like that.

I'm not on the fire Shanny bandwagon but I still think he is ruining Dallas week for me. Someone give me a reason to have even the slightest hope of victory tomorrow. Ive never left the Grossman bandwagon but if we seriously end up starting an undrafted rookie and a guy who has barely been on the team one week on OL against Demarcus Ware... I almost wish I were capable of walkling away sometime but it just can't be done, I will be there all 60 minutes. I leave you with a more positive:

**** the Cowboys!!!

I'm so ****ing happy right now!!! I don't have to go to the bar and listen to cowboy and panther fans talking smack. I get to stay home and watch the game thanks to a extremeskins member that is letting me use there NFL Sunday Ticket mobile application on my PS3. I swear we have the best members and fans anywhere. I have made a lot of friends over the years on this board and this place really does seem like family. We are all so lucky to have each other through the good times and the bad times. We all travel the road together. I just want to beat Dallas and that is all that I care about right now!!!

HTTR!!! and **** Dallas!!!

You know what, I almost made this thread a couple weeks ago cause I'm always up late... but I did figure that maybe it was this one guy's thing, like not any poster could do it. Would have been blasphemy.

While it's been hard to get all excited for games, in a way, it'll be a pleasant surprise to just look up and see the freakin Cowboys and Redskins, like It's already Sunday. Usually spend all week thinkin about it. I find when I tune into games I'm not really hyped about, we win.

Rex at home vs the boys, nice boring 1 o clock game...I see no reason why we can't win. London and Laron are going to welcome that little punk demarco to the NFL. Kerrigan does nothing but force fumbles and Romo sits to pee does nothing but lose the football in critical situations. We FINALLY recover these fumbles and Rex gets it together, throws darts to Gaffney in the endzone, at least one.

Really I just wanna see that demarco kid catch some Fletcher face to the face.

---------- Post added November-20th-2011 at 03:16 AM ----------

Even through the darkest days, the fire burns always...

You know, really, there have been darker days. People are less pumped about this game than the one's year's prior when we were also out of the playoff hunt. THIS time though, we understand, the team is bad because it didn't jump to fix right away, and is rebuilding etc. So, in the meantime, we can whoop some cowboy ass, why not?

---------- Post added November-20th-2011 at 03:19 AM ----------

Yeah, I'd have to agree.

What good is winning 2, 3 more games going to do? The team is going to have a huge shakeup come March anyway. Might as well play for draft positioning.

I want the Redskins to win every single game, but at this point, I'm immune to the losses. :(

Man that's easy for us to say, but if the guys on the team literally lose 9-10 games in a row, that can only be bad for them, and the team. I think it's fair to assume we at least win a COUPLE more games this season, and it might as well be the cowturds.

I firmly beleive the team is this bad not because of the rebuild but because we changed QBs at 3-2. Nothing against Beck but if they wanted to see him play they should have done it from week 1 when people might have been a little more receptive of an 0-3 streak.I dont think at this point that we ever had a playoff team but sticking with Rex, we might have kept up with these underacheiving 5-4 Dallas and 3-6 Philly teams.

Archived