Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With all the trading players talk, why can't I still format a thread title per forum rules?

NVskinsfan

Forget any worth on CP. Carter, I doubt you'd get much more than a 6th or 7th at best. Haynesworth has systematically ruined his trade worth with his antics this year. I'd be ecstatic with a 4th for the chump now. I'd expect a 4th at best for McNabb too. (Man that trade is looking worse by the day, sighs.). The only one of any note and worth is Cooley, And who know just what teh market would be even for him.

Hail.

Looks like you don't hang around ES much. All of these player have been traded in numerous threads already so maybe that is why no one else is bringing up trade talks on these players anymore.

To add, we actually get to trade players here on ES. Here, all players have more value than an actual GM of an NFL team would pay so we always get great value for our players.

We also get to trade away our picks to acquire players at no future cost. Just another reason to love this site.

And, don't forget any, and I MEAN ANY, player cut, let go, released or fired gets at least one tryout with our team. This is very popular on this site as evidenced by the vast amount of threads dedicated to "Should We" and "Vet min plus incentives" or just plain "ham sandwich" threads.

So, I don't see why we can't get a second round pick for Portis. We can simply replace him from one of the many RB's that will be released by their teams this off season because they are washed up and too expensive to keep around. Just be patient and someone will create a separate thread on each released player demanding we sign them.

We have three count'em three players of serious value on the roster. They are Trent, Orakpo and Landry, in that order, and that's it. This is not Madden fantasy GM world where you and the Redskins are one step ahead of everyone. Unless your trade talks contain one of those players no team is listening. Everyone else on the roster is a cherry on top as far as trade value goes.

We have three count'em three players of serious value on the roster. They are Trent, Orakpo and Landry, in that order, and that's it. This is not Madden fantasy GM world where you and the Redskins are one step ahead of everyone. Unless your trade talks contain one of those players no team is listening. Everyone else on the roster is a cherry on top as far as trade valoe goes.

I would argue that it is not fanboy insane to think D.Hall and Cooley surely and possibly, but not certainly, Banks would also all have potential suitors willing to cough up something of value for them. (not claiming that that is 1st round picks or Brady and Adrian Peterson)

I would argue that it is not fanboy insane to think D.Hall and Cooley surely and possibly, but not certainly, Banks would also all have potential suitors willing to cough up something of value for them. (not claiming that that is 1st round picks or Brady and Adrian Peterson)

Hall is viewed as a problem child that's not as good as he thinks he is. Possibly squeeze a 4th out of a team desperate for a quick CB fix.

Cooley is a good TE, not an elite TE, and good TE's come a dime a dozen via FA and the draft. Probably a 5th rounder at best.

Banks returns a couple nice punts and kicks and now he warrants what a 2nd or 3rd round pick you're suggesting? I don't see a team paying that for Banks. Honestly Banks has little to no value. If he was the threat of a Hester then you may have something.

There are plenty of young talented TEs in the NFL. The stats this year don't showcase Chris Cooley as an Elite TE. Let's be honest here ... he is no Jason Witten, or Crumper or Gonzales (sp??). He make good catches, but he drops quite a few as well.

At present, there aren't too many players on our roster that will command serious trade value. We simply are not talented when compared to some of the other NFL teams.

A team like Carolina could very much be in the market for McNabb, who has at least a couple of good years left while they look to the draft for other players. Haynesworth? You might get Tennessee to bite, but again, for a 3rd rounder at best, probably a 4th. The only way you get a thrid round pick is if you put it into the 2012 draft or later.

Clinton? Too many miles and an inability to stay healthy. Since his contract is up, he may be better sitting behind Torrain, but he's finished as an every down back. Too old to stay healthy and probably too proud to accept second string money or playing time. With the Redskins, maybe, with a chance to beat Riggo's record. it may be his only chance to put up some HOF talk. But no one else is going to put anything more than $1.5 million max and the Skins will only do it for the jersey sales.

Cooley? Jersey sales and the picture of the franchise for 7 years keep him here. Plus, TE is the only position the Skins don't have to look at in the draft or free agency. You're not going to get a 3rd rounder in the draft with his talent level, and you're not going to get a 3rd round pick for Cooley. Be happy you have two good TE's. This trade would get rid of Cooley and bring in a 4th round guy or later you couldn't guarantee to make the team. No upside to this trade - at all.

Carter? He would be good on any team still running the 4-3, which limits your teams for trading with. But being in his 11th yer limits those suitors even more. You're not going to find anyone as stupid as the Skins were with the Jason Taylor trade. Sorry, keep him or cut him, but trading him isn't going to happen unless it's as part of a multi-player package.

There are plenty of young talented TEs in the NFL. The stats this year don't showcase Chris Cooley as an Elite TE. Let's be honest here ... he is no Jason Witten, or Crumper or Gonzales (sp??). He make good catches, but he drops quite a few as well.

At present, there aren't too many players on our roster that will command serious trade value. We simply are not talented when compared to some of the other NFL teams.

I mean with all due respect, WTF?

He is an elite pass catching TE by anyone's standards... Not sure about blocking but he is at worst average there.

I think even Cowboys fans would disagree with you on this one.

I think IF we were to trade a TE, it should be Davis. Logan Paulsen looks like another beast TE, and we aren't going to get the most out of Fred Davis, as he stands on our roster. He still may have some trade value from his flashes last year, and a little this year, in addition he is younger so would command value for that. I have been back and forth on this, but Cooley needs to stay. He is a centerpiece of the few good things of this franchise.

I mean with all due respect, WTF?

He is an elite pass catching TE by anyone's standards... Not sure about blocking but he is at worst average there.

First no one is debating or arguing if Cooley is a good player, that he is. Question is what is his market value. Do you think Cooley would fetch anything higher then a 5th rounder? TE isn't exactly the toughest position to fill on a roster with serviceable TE's available in FA and the next possible Cooley waiting in round 3 every year.

Some of you have to separate reality from being a fan. No GM, unless Vinny gets hired soon, is going to give up a 3rd rounder for a 29 year old, next season, TE. Cooley is not on the level of Gonzalez or Gates, that is reality, and just because Cooley pushes merchandise or is an avatar favorite on a team website doesn't change his actual value in trade talks.

Had we traded these players last season, like many advocated, we could have gotten some return. They have been severely discounted by this year, as we have done a great job highlighting their flaws, weaknesses and shortcomings.

Who the hell would of traded for Portis or Moss with a 10+ cap number going forward?

Who the hell would of traded for Hayneworth with a 10+ cap number going forward?

Their contracts is what kept them from being traded, not the fact that ANYONE falsely "believed" in them.

Paying fat boy 21 mill is the first indicator we were getting rid of him.

The ONLY player with promise on our team with a friendly cap # going forward is Cooley.

The Titans would have trade for Haynesworth right up until the deadline.

Carter could have been moved for a late round pick instead of nothing this season.

We could have at least offered Cooley to the Pats prior to them drafting 2 TEs (they had multiple picks we could have traded for).

Moss and Portis were and remain untradable. I agree.

However, instead of embracing a youth movement with trades, we abhorred it by clinging to older players who no longer fit what we were trying to do. Spin how you will, but we made a mistake not trading players last offseason.

Cooley is 3rd in receiving yards among all NFL tight ends this year, almost 200 yards more than Gonzalez. Alge Crumpler has caught 5 passes this year.

Was anyone on the Redskins an elite player this year?

Archived