Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I hate Conference Championship Sunday.

MontanaSkins

Just look at the Jets and think the redskins could be that Cinderella team next year.. It doesn't take long to get back to the top in this watered down NFL

It obviously DOES take alot because we haven't been their in Eons.

The Jets have a great defense and a real, between the tackles, running game. When was the last time you saw that from us???

It obviously DOES take alot because we haven't been their in Eons.

The Jets have a great defense and a real, between the tackles, running game. When was the last time you saw that from us???

2005 and end of 2007. We finally have a legit modern coach and not a joke running the front office.

2005 and end of 2007. We finally have a legit modern coach and not a joke running the front office.

Portis has never been a real between the tackles runningback. That's been one of the problems.

Portis has been a RB that gets taken down by fist tackles. Portis is all fluf and will be jettisoned very soon.

I should clear one thing up. 364 days a year I am the biggest kool aid drinking homer around. But today is my yearly pity party. I like everyone else here put a lot of emotional investment in this team and I think we are due some pay off.

True dat.

Hopefully with the hiring of Shanny, our ship has finally came in.

I should clear one thing up. 364 days a year I am the biggest kool aid drinking homer around. But today is my yearly pity party. I like everyone else here put a lot of emotional investment in this team and I think we are due some pay off.

Based on that formula it will be the JETS vs. the Saints in the SuperBowl.

Well said 2K, anythings possible from year to year.

Indeed it is.

I love championship Sunday, those teams deserve it and I will enjoy the games. Besides Dallas is not there either.

Not to mention no Philly or Giants:D.

I'm actually kinda torn on one hand I would love to see Gregg Williams/Brunell get a shot at a SB ring(London Fletcher would get into the Pro Bowl as well,which he should be without the Saints having to win).

Then it would be nice to see Brett Favre make it back to the SB at age 40 with the best season of his career. Whoever wins between these two I hope wins it all.

I'm sick of Rex Ryan..I liked him better when he didn't talk so much. I like Peyton but I'd rather see Favre or Brees win the ring this year.

As a Redskins fan hopefully there won't be but maybe another 2 years of rooting for other teams.Maybe in 2012-13 WE can ROOT for our team to win it all baby!!

Shanahan has not stayed in the leauge this long by being boneheaded like the other coaches we have had around here.

He hasn't been in the league as you say. He was fired then working as a sportscaster. In that case maybe Terry Howie or Jimmy would do just as well as our new HC!

With that being said, are we in for Shanny 2.0 just the same as Gibbs 2.0? A HC that is afraid to be agressive?

18 years since our Skins have been to this round and today is a horrible reminder how they haven't come close to getting back to the Super Bowl.

I am getting a touch more bitter towards other teams every year.

In 2005 we were in the Divisional Playoffs and lost to the seachucks or else we would have been in Conf. Championship. So that was like 5 years ago.

We are not that far being back in it again. :)

We are not even close to the 4-12 Jim Zorn team. We now have true leadership and our coaching IQ has doubled.

I'll agree to the coaching only. However, it is still the same leader-less, bunch of quitters that went 4-12 a few weeks ago. They have leaders in coaches but none on the field. That is why this team quit. That is why in part,this team went 4-12. NO leaders ON the field.

Just look at the Jets and think the redskins could be that Cinderella team next year.. It doesn't take long to get back to the top in this watered down NFL

Are the Jets truly a Cinderella team? In 2006, they were a 10 win team. Last season, they went 9-7 also and have many of the same people back. If you look at the Jets for the whole decade, they certainly weren't bad for the most part.

Cinderella's are like the Rams in 1999 who hadn't even been at least 500 for 10 years. Maybe the Dolphins who went 1-15 following a 10 loss season before turning it around. The Cardinals who went 10 years without even a sniff of the playoffs until last year and played in their first championship game since before I was born, before my parents had even met. The Jets have either been in the playoffs or got a sniff of them 7 out of the last 10 years!

Better bite your tongue. Coaches and Front office hasn't done anything yet to help this team. They are still the 4-12 team of a few weeks ago.

I disagree. We've already made some significant coaching changes

that make us better already. Once Shanny/Allen start to revamp the roster,I expect a far better product than 4-12. Not saying it will be above .500 and superbowl contenders,but loads better than the 2008-2009 Redskins for sure.

Mike Shanahan Executive Vice President/Head Coach... a damn good coach

Kyle Shanahan Offensive Coordinator....an actual coordinator with NFL experince

Jim Haslett Defensive Coordinator...great d coordinator

Bobby Turner Assistant Head Coach/Running Backs... the best in the business look at his entire body of work

Matt LaFleur Quarterbacks...seems like an nice addition plus he's young

Chris Foerster Offensive Line... we'll have to see about this one as well

Jon Embree Tight Ends..resume is okay he coached Tony Gonzalez a few years

Jacob Burney Defensive Line...heard good things about him as well

Lou Spanos Linebackers...his pedigree is intriguing

Bob Slowik Defensive Backs.... from what I've heard from Broncos fans/players he's damn good

Steve Jackson Safeties...:mad: I'm going to trust Shanny on this one

Kirk Olivadotti Defensive Assistant...like KO as well he's a keeper

Danny Smith Special Teams Coordinator..I like Danny glad he's staying

Archived