Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins PA announcer blunders

BHSF

Apologize if posted already.

But I think everyone who goes to the game notices the usual down-and-distance blunders, and some off mic comments that play over the speakers from the PA announcer.

Yesterday had its share as well. But there was one comment he made that was definitely supposed to be off-mic.

There was a Denver Player hurt (2nd/3rd quarter) who was down for a while. The next thing ya know, the PA announcer says (sounds like he was covering the mic with his hand):

"Is that guy REALLY hurt that bad?"

Did anyone else catch this?

Got a good chuckle from our section. Figured we'd hear a new announcer once he was taken off the field.

That dude is douche. I can't stand hearing him at the games.

And you base this off of what? I had the opportunity to meet Mark down in NC for the Carolina game -- he stopped by the ES tailgate -- and he was actually a really cool guy. I had two Marine buddies with me and him being an ex-marine, they hit it off. The guy was very personable.

Someone wanted him to get on the phone and talk to their Mom since she couldn't be there.. he announced a play over the phone and I'm sure she loved it.

Now -- if this guy is a 'douche,' well then I'm afraid I know WAY too many douches... Sigh. Time to go make some new friends I guess? :whoknows:

Edit: Forgot to actually contribute to the thread.. I didn't catch this. Then again, my section was pretty loud during the game.

I did hear it. And I was actually embarrassed about it. Even if he was covering the mic why would that cross his mind. If the first thing you are thinking is "is he really that hurt" and not "I hope he is okay" I think that there might be something wrong with you. I dont care if it's an opposing player he is still a person first and I never want to see anyone hurt.

Well... I wouldnt say anyone...:dallasuck

I did hear it. And I was actually embarrassed about it. Even if he was covering the mic why would that cross his mind. If the first thing you are thinking is "is he really that hurt" and not "I hope he is okay" I think that there might be something wrong with you. I dont care if it's an opposing player he is still a person first and I never want to see anyone hurt.

Well... I wouldnt say anyone...:dallasuck

I see your point, and I agree about the poor taste of the comment. I think our laughing was more directed towards the fact we couldn't believe he actually said it.

he might say something like that because the play was right after the JC sack where he lost the ball. He might have been thinking that he was playing it up in order to give his team's replay guy some time to review the play so they could challenge. The skins lucked out (the skins deserve some good luck) that the ref called the play dead before the ball was recovered by the broncos.

Enough said:silly:

But seriously, his swarmy and sirly calls in reference to other teams absoltuley gets underneath a lot of peoples skin. Its very child like. There has been a lot of fans talking about how they don't like him as an announcer.

You should update your 'Hire me / Fire me' for an announcer once Vinny goes, or they decide he's staying.

I see your point, and I agree about the poor taste of the comment. I think our laughing was more directed towards the fact we couldn't believe he actually said it.

I was using "you" as in the anouncer. I kinda laughed like "did I really just hear that too."

My biggest problem with Kessler is that he just isn't that good at his job. Half the time he never mentions who's in on the tackle, because he just doesn't know. He doesn't know down and distance until they throw it up on the board, and when the board is wrong, sometimes he just says the wrong information.

My favorite from a couple years ago was when he didn't know who made the tackle and he said "Big Stop by..................The Defense!" Go to another stadium and compare. He's awful.

My biggest problem with Kessler is that he just isn't that good at his job. Half the time he never mentions who's in on the tackle, because he just doesn't know. He doesn't know down and distance until they throw it up on the board, and when the board is wrong, sometimes he just says the wrong information.

My favorite from a couple years ago was when he didn't know who made the tackle and he said "Big Stop by..................The Defense!" Go to another stadium and compare. He's awful.

He was hired to announce "THE FIRST LADIES OF FOOTBALL" and all that other crap that they hype, MK has no clue about football.

I hated him on the radio also.

Also notice he didn't name Champ Bailey with the Broncos defense, I was real bitter about that:saber:

You mean during intros? He introduced Champ. There was a mix of boos and cheers for that in our section.

But what was that "Campbell Scramble Jason Campbell scrambles..."

And the way he was announcing Ryan Succop in that other game went from childish to stupid to annoying to embarrassing after he did it like 6 times.

Thread brings back memories of going to see the Bullets play some god awful team like the Clippers at the Cap Center back in the early 90s. It was a snowy night and thus very few people ventured out......in fact, at one point the announcer invited everyone seated in the upper seats to move down to the lower section. One of the Clippers was at the foul line and just as he was getting set to release the ball the PA guy said "Mmmmmmisssssss!" like the dude in Caddyshack. Think he was told very quickly that it wasn't cool.

A scene I would like to see:

Dan Snyder up in his box, flipping the bird (or two). The announcer then saying "ladies and gentlemen, please turn your attention to the owner's box for a special message."

Actually he's been doing that every time he's put :pooh: on the field for the last 10 years.

Archived