Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ranking individual play in week 1.

ThisSplitLip

Offense:

Jason Campbell - Embarrassing, there is simply no excuse for throwing an INT three yards past the line of scrimmage. The audible to a run on 3 and 8 speaks for itself. Simply embarrassing. To his defenders, how many of you keep him on your fantasy football team? 3/10

Clinton Portis - played better than most Redskins but certainly looks like he's lost a step. Appeared to lack any explosiveness he had last season. 6/10

Chris Cooley - Solid as usual, almost lost a fumble but was down. 8/10

Santana Moss - Shot his mouth off aplenty but didn't back it up with anything resembling good football plays. 2/10

Malcolm Kelley - Where was he? 1/10

Devon Thomas - Where was he? Oh, running into his blockers. 0/10

Offensive Line - played better than Campbell and Portis made them look. If our QB knew how to use the pocket they typically gave him just enough time to throw. Still, not great. 5/10

Defense:

London Fletcher - Easily the best performing Redskins of the day. The only sure tackler on the team. 8/10

LaRon Landry - He may stink at tackling but he makes up for that with timely unnecessary roughness penalties. 3/10

Albert Haynesworth - Not a force. Seems like the guy was in and out of the game more than any other player on the line. He must of been waddling over to the sideline to use the new "Big Dana Stubblefield Intant-Oxygen Machine." 4/10

Brian Orakpo - Where was he? Another young guy that I hear praise for but don't see earning that praise. 4/10

Cornerbacks - Pathetic, I mean really pathetic. Not one of them played well. Hall had a lucky interception and Rogers dropped a easy one. 2/10

Overall 3/10

Another long year ahead folks. We are not a good team. We do not have "depth" at WR. We do not have a good Quarterback, and we are not coached well. It only took me three plays to be standing up swearing at my television. 1st play: "Okay, nice run CP, maybe we can build on that run." 2nd play: "Bad play, undisciplined play, you gotta throw that ball away ARE." 3rd play: "Are you ****ing kidding me? Seriously, this is a ****ing divisional game and you are going to ****ing run the ****ing ball on 2nd and 20?"

And to answer your questions, yes I have been drinking. Goodnight.

The playcalling did not involve Malcom and Devin as much as I would have liked to have seen.

I would give JC a 2/10. Poor decisions, interception, and fumble.

Also, I would give the O-Line 7/10. For the most part, they did a good job.

CBs would get 2/10.

Campbell on average, wasnt that bad. But he made a few really dumb plays that killed us.

This is something that is typical of Campbell though. At the end of the day you look at his stats and think he may have played respectable. However, if you watch the game, you see when we NEED a play, he simply fails to produce. Don't get me wrong though, the play-calling was an issue, which I would give a negative 5 our of 10. Goodbye Zorn. I don't know what to do, cheer for a win next week or hope we lose two years running to one of the worst teams in the NFL and that that can maybe result in some coaching and/or QB changes.

This is why this sight has become bush league, because people just don't understand the game. O line was solid, gave up 1 sack and if Campbell steps up (like he should) they don't give up any sacks. Play calling was terrible, and defense made too many mental mistakes.

Malcolm Kelly? If Zorn doesn't call his number and if Campbell doesn't look for him, then how can he catch balls? Campbell continues to throw to Moss even when Moss is totally covered with corners all over him. He throws to A.R.E. when defensive backs are surrounding him.

It would be impossible to tell where Kelly was but he was probably on the bench. And where was Kelly in the endzone when we got near the redzone? Why do we have big and tall receivers if we are not going to throw the ball up. and when is someone going to show Campbell that lazer shots are not the only and best throws to make all the time.

Can somebody teach Campbell how to throw a fade? Or get Todd Collins in there.

Only thing I would take issue with would be the assessment of Haynesworth...I actually thought he played quite well...and he wasn't on the sidelines for nearly as many plays as you allude to.

Otherwise, a pretty solid wrap-up.

Big Al said he wants to be the best player on the field every game. He was NOWHERE close to being that player today. He did not dominate a thing they took him out of the game by letting him up field and running away from him. He filled the gap a few times but guys like pat Williams could do that for a third of what we pay this guy. He was gassed and didn't play with a attitude that i have seen in the past from him.

i totally agree just add Rocky in with fletcher,they were a great team today

I've actually always liked Rocky. I personally didn't notice much today cause if he was making tackles I was probably swearing up a storm so much I didn't notice who it was but at any rate, he was kind of an unsung hero on defense last season and I hope he develops. T

Archived