Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hillary Clinton Apologizes to India for "Climate Change"

Rex Tomb

I don't even know what to say except that the party of apology is back at it.

Sorry about killing the planet, world. The Obama administration was apparently trying to push cap-and-trade according to Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/NEWS-India-India-wont-accept-any-legally-binding-emission-reductions-Jairam-Ramesh/articleshow/4795816.cms). But saying that in the midst of a public forum is beyond asinine. First of all, India is one of the leading polluting nations in the world. They regulate very few of their businesses, and we're apologizing to them!

India basically told her to stick it.

The Great Apologizer and his crew need to stop throwing the US under the bus for other countries problems. We are now responsible for 94 percent of the guns in Mexico, pollution in Mexico, nukes in Iran, all of the problems in Muslim countries, what's left to apologize for?

The Great Apologizer and his crew need to stop throwing the US under the bus for other countries problems. We are now responsible for 94 percent of the guns in Mexico, pollution in Mexico, nukes in Iran, all of the problems in Muslim countries, what's left to apologize for?

We should have seen it coming with Obama's whirlwind European Vacation, where he did his best to apologize for all of our "contributions" to the world's problems...oh, and our arrogance.

I didn't hear the word "apologize" or "sorry" in there.

I heard we acknowledge that we have made mistakes, and that is true. We have. Bt in no way does she lay the blame for everything at our feet, nor does she say "sorry" to anyone.

Admitting a mistake is weakness?

Seems rather petulant. Sounded more to me like she's offering praise (the phone thing) along with a dose of humility to get them to feel they're maybe on an even level with us, so maybe they will then listen to suggestions as to what they can do to fix their pollution problems. Makes it a bit easier to deal with a few billion people then to go in pointing fingers and making demands.

Diplomacy is more than being a lout.

~Bang

I didn't hear the word "apologize" or "sorry" in there.

I heard we acknowledge that we have made mistakes, and that is true. We have. Bt in no way does she lay the blame for everything at our feet, nor does she say "sorry" to anyone.

Admitting a mistake is weakness?

Seems rather petulant. Sounded more to me like she's offering praise (the phone thing) along with a dose of humility to get them to feel they're maybe on an even level with us, so maybe they will then listen to suggestions as to what they can do to fix their pollution problems. Makes it a bit easier to deal with a few billion people then to go in pointing fingers and making demands.

Diplomacy is more than being a lout.

~Bang

I agree with you that she didn't apologize.

The problem is India is a dirty run down country and no where close to being the same as us. How are we suppose to lead by example if they think we have similar issues?

I agree with you that she didn't apologize.

The problem is India is a dirty run down country and no where close to being the same as us. How are we suppose to lead by example if they think we have similar issues?

Did you listen to what she said?

We are world power. They are an emerging one.

That's the whole point. As an emerging power, India should learn from those who went before, like us. And yes, that would include avoiding the mistakes.

But it's kinda hard for them to avoid our mistakes if we ourselves won't acknowledge them.

Well I'm no Hillary fan but 'learn from our mistakes' is not exactly an apology.

Agreed. It's not an apology at all.

It seems that the OP and some others think that ANY diplomacy that diverges from "America **** Yeah" is a groveling apology. :D

Archived