Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Who was the team MVP in 2008

McD5

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

In past years, this forum has voted on the MVP for each particular season. Past winners are noted below:

2005: Portis

2006: Betts

2007: Todd Collins (honorable mention to ST, RIP)

So who gets your vote for having the most outstanding year as a Redskin in the 2008 season?

Portis. He should have had 2000 combined yards last year.

He's the only possible candidate from the offense, and even at that, due to a combination of being beat up, and teams stacking the box when they figured out he WAS the offense, he trailed off the second half of the year.

You'd be hard pressed to not pick someone like Fletch off the D if were being fair over the whole season.

Hail.

I am torn between Fletcher, the obvious pick on defense, and D Hall, who will likely get fewer votes.

Fletcher is incredible.

D Hall came in, immediately sent Carlos to the bench, and made us remember what interceptions look like.

I believe Fletcher is the correct answer, but I am casting a vote for D Hall.

Whenever I saw an opposing qb dropping back to throw against us last season, I was praying he was throwing at D Hall for an interception.

Fletcher.

Our defense was what kept games close, so i'd have to pick a defensive player. Fletcher is the most solid player we've had in a while. every game you know what you are going to get out of him.

SIDENOTE: Todd Collins in 07??? Betts in 06??? Im not buying these polls.

Fletcher.

Our defense was what kept games close, so i'd have to pick a defensive player. Fletcher is the most solid player we've had in a while. every game you know what you are going to get out of him.

SIDENOTE: Todd Collins in 07??? Betts in 06??? Im not buying these polls.

Who would you have voted for in 07? Collins came in off the bench, and helped us get into the playoffs.

Many voted for ST that year....but because he didn't play the entire season, Collins garnered a lot of votes.

And 06 was the year Betts went crazy, putting up 1,100 in only half a season of starts--with a young JC not posing much of a passing threat to defenses.

I am torn between Fletcher, the obvious pick on defense, and D Hall, who will likely get fewer votes.

Fletcher is incredible.

D Hall came in, immediately sent Carlos to the bench, and made us remember what interceptions look like.

DeAngelo came readily to mind here too McD5, but if your looking for an MVP on the year, you really need to take it over the whole year. Not Hall's fault, but he came in late, so IMHO, can't really be in consideration.

Hail.

*And whomever has put a vote up for the first choice is SERIOUSLY clowning around.

I believe Fletcher is the correct answer, but I am casting a vote for D Hall.

Whenever I saw an opposing qb dropping back to throw against us last season, I was praying he was throwing at D Hall for an interception.

D Hall only played half the season, and it was not the good half either... Interceptions or not, there was no way that his INTs made him our most valuable player...

DeAngelo came readily to mind here too McD5, but if your looking for an MVP on the year, you really need to take it over the whole year. Not Hall's fault, but he came in late, so IMHO, can't really be in consideration.

Hail.

I believe what you are saying is valid, and I fully expect to see Fletcher with the most votes on at least the defensive side of the ball.

I agree with that....but throwing one vote up there for an exciting guy that creates turnovers--something we haven't had a lot of in a while. :cheers:

D Hall only played half the season, and it was not the good half either... Interceptions or not, there was no way that his INTs made him our most valuable player...

Legit points, and I am sure Fletcher will get a ton of votes.

Just casting my vote for a weapon on defense.

I don't expect to see him anywhere close in the voting, but worthy of a little recognition.

Who would you have voted for in 07? Collins came in off the bench, and helped us get into the playoffs.

Many voted for ST that year....but because he didn't play the entire season, Collins garnered a lot of votes.

And 06 was the year Betts went crazy, putting up 1,100 in only half a season of starts--with a young JC not posing much of a passing threat to defenses.

07..... ST played more games than Collins did, was leading the NFL in picks and was in the discussion for DPOY. Collins was a big part of making the playoffs, but so was ST to be honest.

06..... Betts's success was heartbreaking at the same time. When CP went down, defenses basically said "okay skins, beat us with your running game" and we couldnt bc betts couldnt get in the endzone. So while he was solid and racked up a lot of yards, we still werent winning.

07..... ST played more games than Collins did, was leading the NFL in picks and was in the discussion for DPOY. Collins was a big part of making the playoffs, but so was ST to be honest.

06..... Betts's success was heartbreaking at the same time. When CP went down, defenses basically said "okay skins, beat us with your running game" and we couldnt bc betts couldnt get in the endzone. So while he was solid and racked up a lot of yards, we still werent winning.

Both true, and the voting was extremely close between TC and ST last year.

And valid point on Betts....although Duckett had a lot of those attempts inside the 20, and he couldn't do anything. If not Betts, who else would have been deserving in 06? Hard to pick anyone else.

Both true, and the voting was extremely close between TC and ST last year.

And valid point on Betts....although Duckett had a lot of those attempts inside the 20, and he couldn't do anything. If not Betts, who else would have been deserving in 06? Hard to pick anyone else.

While ST did get exposed quite a bit, i think my vote would go to him. He had some amazing games. Remember that carolina game? Him and vernon fox looked legit out there.

Archived