Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can ya get a Car Stereo with a cassette player anymore ?

Mickalino

I was lazy so I went to Circuit City to get a new car stereo, cuz it was the easiest thing to do at the time. Yet they have NO car stereos with cassette players. I was too impatient to shop around, so I had them do it. But this is ridiculous. They expect all the people with cassette collections to buy CD replacements for all of them. I have a whole set of "King's X" cassettes that I love to listen to, but can't listen to them in my car.

Are all stereo places like this now ?

They are still out there. Some auto manufatureres use them, if not all and some like Ford, have tape and CD. If you really want one, go to the local junkyard. Most will pull them out when the car comes in and have them in the office waiting for you. Cheap too. That goes for any car audio, as well.

All my 80's metal music are on cassette tapes. I've bought some on CD or bought from iTunes(which is mostly 80's music, sorry, I just can't let go) to record on CDs to replace some of my tapes. But yeah, all my cassettes are collecting dust, yet, I don't want to throw away Metallica's And Justice for All or Skid Row's Youth Gone Wild tapes...maybe I'm "old fashion".

Oh and that car from previous posts...reminds me of Wayne's World...excellent!:cheers:

They are still out there. Some auto manufatureres use them, if not all and some like Ford, have tape and CD. If you really want one, go to the local junkyard. Most will pull them out when the car comes in and have them in the office waiting for you. Cheap too. That goes for any car audio, as well.

Yep, my wifes Hyundai has the cassette/CD combo standard.

No 8-track,but mp3's took care of that.

I was lazy so I went to Circuit City to get a new car stereo, cuz it was the easiest thing to do at the time. Yet they have NO car stereos with cassette players. I was too impatient to shop around, so I had them do it. But this is ridiculous. They expect all the people with cassette collections to buy CD replacements for all of them. I have a whole set of "King's X" cassettes that I love to listen to, but can't listen to them in my car.

Are all stereo places like this now ?

Im sure your ****in camaro can fit a new CD player.

Riddle me this: Were you in the movie "heavy metal parking lot" jamming that Kings X?

hm2.jpg

had to do it...i used to love kings x too :cheers:

Archived