Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dog Of The Week

Mark The Homer

I was listening to 980 at about 4:35 this afternoon and Czaban was talking with Mike Ditka who picked a few games. Ditka picked the Redskins to be the "Dog of the Week" meaning they would be the underdogs who would most likely pull an upset at Lambaugh.

My dog of the Week .. is ..... BL!!!!

Run ur go route right outta WASH!!

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Isn't Ditka the same guy who said the only thing Taylor was good for was a few 15 yard penaltys?

At the time that he said that statement, Taylor was playing with all ability and zero % brain. Remember that or has selective memory taken hold?

He's playing much smarter now and within the system.

At the time that he said that statement, Taylor was playing with all ability and zero % brain. Remember that or has selective memory taken hold?

He's playing much smarter now and within the system.

Ditka was somewhat right in Taylor's first two years here. Taylor had a composure problem. played with nothing but emotion and threw logical thinking out the window at times. Seems like he's growing up.

I don't know. Taylor had pretty goddamn good 2005. And once he got in, he was pretty good in 2004. We DID have a very good D that year.

Only 2006 stands out as a real problem and now that we know why that might be, I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I was listening to 980 at about 4:35 this afternoon and Czaban was talking with Mike Ditka who picked a few games. Ditka picked the Redskins to be the "Dog of the Week" meaning they would be the underdogs who would most likely pull an upset at Lambaugh.

Are they going to rush Lambaugh?

Ditka picked us in the beginning of season also - can't remember which game though. He was the only one at the time picking us then too.

I like Mike. :D

I don't know. Taylor had pretty goddamn good 2005. And once he got in, he was pretty good in 2004. We DID have a very good D that year.

Only 2006 stands out as a real problem and now that we know why that might be, I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Thank you for defending ST. For playing with "0% brains," or whatever the quote was, he seemed to be making a lot of plays in his early years. Yes, he's grown up now, but it's not like he was a bad player back then. There's a learning curve for everyone enterting the NFL.

As for Ditka, I hope his "dog of the week" record reflects this year as well, because I would love to melt those cheeseheads.

Thank you for defending ST. For playing with "0% brains," or whatever the quote was, he seemed to be making a lot of plays in his early years. Yes, he's grown up now, but it's not like he was a bad player back then. There's a learning curve for everyone enterting the NFL.

No one said, including me, that he wasnt making plays. As I said, he was playing the game with pure instinct and not within the confines of or much semblance of discipline. He'd make some great hits and plays and then get hit with a 15 yard helmet to helmet, a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct (remember Houshmandzadeh spitting incident?).

As I said, selective memory.

Not that it means anything, but Ditka was on the radio out here a lot last season and his 'Dog of the week' picks were like 15-2 in 2006.

*Here are the rest of his picks.http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/notebook?page=sundaycountdown07

:laugh: @ Emmitt picking the Cowboys. Homer!

I hate Emmitt. I wish the Bills had won so I could've seen the look on his face.

The same look I saw when we upset the Cowboys 14-13 on Monday Night Football in Dallas. Good times man, good times :)

No one said, including me, that he wasnt making plays. As I said, he was playing the game with pure instinct and not within the confines of or much semblance of discipline. He'd make some great hits and plays and then get hit with a 15 yard helmet to helmet, a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct (remember Houshmandzadeh spitting incident?).

As I said, selective memory.

I never said that you that you thought he was crap either. I'm only saying that he played the game like a first or second year player. They make mistakes, and I wouldn't be surprised if he got more 15 yard penalties this year, despite "playing smart." Aggressive players get penalties. Hell, Roy Williams continues to get them despite being in the NFL for quite some time now. I'm not saying he's good, I'm saying he's aggressive. There's a difference between playing with no brains and playing like a first or second year player.

Well, the advantage we have is they are so one dimensional on offense and their strength(passing) could easily be trumped by our strength(secondary). I think we should use the same gameplan against GB that we did against Detroit. Cover their receivers and dare them to try to throw while forcing them to beat us with the run.

The Packers passing game and the Lions passing game is night and day. We all know the Packers run a west coast offense which is predicated on short passes sufficing for the running game. The Packers quick slants and drag routes this year has accounted for huge YAC yardage compared to Detroit passing game they more or less consider running vertical routes typically deep crossing routes and deep out routes. Martz is not heavy on screen passes and more or less try to spread the field and refuses to max protect. Green Bay will not be as foolish.

Archived