Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Petition to have G'men v. Fish be a G'men Home Game

Tulane Skins Fan

So this counts as a home game for Miami?

If so, I hope the Brits come out and cheer the Dolphins (who is the "home" team)......this is my problem with the foreign games.

You have NO CLUE who the fans will root for.

And all I can say about the NY getting an extra game is that it was BS, still is BS (especially in the way that the NFL ran it) and will always be BS.

Would have the Saints beaten the Giants if it was on a neutral field or home?

Honestly, I doubt it. But it was a poor way IMO of how the NFL handled it by making it a "home game" where the Giants fans could dominate (which they should have).

Game should have been played in Canton, a neutral location, or a more Saints favorable location (how about Texas Stadium?). Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda I suppose.

As long as they play these games in other countries, this issue is going to arise. It isn't fair to the home team, their fans, local businesses or even the stadium workers.

Until the NFL stops the madness, someone has to be the home team.

I agree. This is really getting absurd. They act like the Giants won a Super Bowl because of that extra home game. NO was in shambles at the time. Where else are they playing the game? Damn guys.

Even though this will come full circle if they always have a overseas game every year (and potentially every team will have one every year, if the league expands the schedule to 17 games), I think the league showed poor form by including the Giants in this game at all, and then as the away team. The unfortunate circumstances in New Orleans dictated that the Giants were going to get somewhat of a competitive advantage in 2005, but to turn around and in essence give it to them again two years later shows a real lack of thought in the league's offices.

How is this game not a home game for the Giants? This would only be fair given that they got 9 home games two years ago when Katrina hit the beloved city of N'awlins.

I say we need a petition to re-arrange the entire schedule so that the Giants only get 7 games in NY this year. :)

first of all, with all due respect to Tom, it was BS that NY got an extra home game out of it... and it did help them win the division that year.

second of all, notice that smiley face i put at the end... lighten up guys

Or maybe as a punishment for us Redskin fans complaining about the Giants' extra home game against the Saints, we should go to Tampa every year from hear to eternity.

Wait, what? Somebody beat me to it? Damn.

Can someone please tell me where they could have moved the game to with only one week notice and filled the stadium?

You guys act like the Giants had something to do with getting the home game all proceeds went to Katrina relief and instead of looking at like an advantage why don't you guys take time to think that the game raised more then twice as much then if it had been played anywhere else.

Also, the reason why the NFL will not make the Giants play overseas as one of there home games, is because they have the 2nd or 3rd largest stadium so the NFL will lose too much money if they took a home game away from them.

Same goes for the Skins.

I cant believe the NFL is trying to expand out of the country. thats absurd. If i lost a home game due to this i would be PISSED. The NFL is for America. They have NFL Europa, just extend Europa to 16 games and add more teams. Problem solved.

Archived