Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN: JJ Rumor

bubba9497

Yeah that's out there. I don't know how one would justify making that statement.

The only reason I could figure was one simple word, Homerism. He has never even been in dallas, but loves the cowboys. He got much much better durring the season because I never rubbed it in his face when his beloved cowboys lost.

Eventually it just became talking football and not talking smack, it was nice.

The only reason I could figure was one simple word, Homerism. He has never even been in dallas, but loves the cowboys. He got much much better durring the season because I never rubbed it in his face when his beloved cowboys lost.

Eventually it just became talking football and not talking smack, it was nice.

Yeah thats what I was thinking, homerism, but still thats taking it a bit far. I mean I like Clinton Portis, but I'm not going to say he is better than LT.

barber > betts

betts couldnt find the endzone with a map. he had 6 good games to end the season behind probably the best running o-line in football. lets not forget his invisible career prior to november and december of 06.

what the hell

I really think Barber is going to turn into a Steven Jackson type RB. Dallass tried to get the next Emmitt Smith with Jones, but he turned out to be average at best and injury prone. Barber has been their best back the last 2 yrs IMO and if they trade Jones, I'm keeping Barber on my Fantasy Team.

barber > betts

betts couldnt find the endzone with a map. he had 6 good games to end the season behind probably the best running o-line in football. lets not forget his invisible career prior to november and december of 06.

Invisible...cut the jokes - its easy to be invisible when your the #2 guy and dont get many carries.

So by your logic Marion Barber was the 3rd best RB in football then right? I mean he did lead the WHOLE NFC in td runs and was 3rd only behind LT and LJ for the entire league lead.

Barber couldnt beat out J.Jones to be the fulltime #1 RB. Just because he can score on 1yd td's doesnt mean he's a better overall back. I guess Riggs was better than Earnest Byner........ and Brandon Jacobs was better than Tiki Barber.

I guess after '05 Mike Sellers was a better Hback than Chris Cooley by your logic..... he did catch more td's.

Factor in that Betts had 53 total receptions in '06 while Jones/Barber combined for just 32. Betts has shown more as an overall back.

barber > betts

I don't see it..... I see M. Barber as a slightly bigger, slower version of Betts, and Betts a better receiver, KR

both YPC Avg. is 4.4, and both career long is 27/28 yards, Barber was used as a goal line back where Betts wasn't... but Betts has a better first down avg.

Betts has more versatility

Julius Jones is such a ho-hum back. After a few big games his rookie year, brainless Cowboy fans were fawning over him like he was the next big thing. Most people knew better... except of course Peter King who pegged him as the 05 rushing champion or league MVP - it was so ridiculous I can't recall which one.

Player like Jones are a dime a dozen - I can think of 15-20 pro backs I'd rather have and at least 6 or 7 backs who will get drafted next week. I'd be surprised if they could get anything more than a 4th this season or a 3rd next year.

I'd take Betts over the two guys in Dallas. I've always been a huge Betts fan (comparitively speaking, of course), but I think you could put all three guys in a barrell and call it a pick-em, with each guy possessing different strengths and weaknesses.

Speculation ... Speculation ... Speculation ... all we hear from Julius Jones.

Im still not ready to give up on him. You could tell he got wore down towards the end of the season. Week 11 was the last game Julius rushed more then 13 times in a game. Towards the end of the season largely due to being down by a Bzillion points by the end of the first quarter.

People want to deal Julius. Okay, that is fine and dandy. But what makes Marion Barber III tick? Julius Jones running the ball down the field and him taking over in the Red Zone.

To me, their careers started complete opposite and have turned a complete 180 degree. Julius was supposed to be the next Emmitt and could have very well played his last game in a Cowboy uniform. Marion had fumbling problems, was a 4th round pick who wasn't supposed to have that deep of an impact.

I love Marion Barber III, don't get me wrong. But I don't even want to chance him being "The Guy." He had Maroney in College, he has Juice now. If we deal Julius, I would hope that we end up with a guy like Marshawn Lynch [[Only way we swing that would be to deal our 22, Julius, a few picks for a Top 15 pick which I don't like]] or a guy like Antonio Pittman was has already have some private workouts in Dallas.

I don't think JJ will get traded, but it's possible. The only problem with this theory is that this draft has little depth and talent in the RB department. It's one thing to be disappointed that JJ isn't the next Emmitt Smith, but what better options are out there? Answer: NONE! The Cowboys have a good stable of solid runners. Things can only improve running behind Leonard Davis and getting back into a offense that uses a fullback.

Archived