Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sam Huff on Sirius

andyburd

I was just listening to Sam Huff on Sirius radio. Randy Cross and Bob Pappa were asking him all kinds of Skins questions. They asked him if Gibbs would put Campbell in and he said most likely not. He was saying that Mark is such a great leader and nice guy, and Gibbs type of QB. He also talked about how nobody except Sean Taylor knows how to tackle.

Sam really sounded lost also. He started talking about Bobby Mitchell and Jim Brown. It seemed he was comparing era's. He talked about when he coached the LBs in 1970. I think Sam is losing it.

Sadly, he might also be right about Taylor being the only one who knows how to tackle.

Taylor is a devastating hitter, but not a good tackler. He flies in like a human missile with no attempt to wrap up. If the impact doesn't knock you down, you're free for another 3-5 yards.

Taylor is a devastating hitter, but not a good tackler. He flies in like a human missile with no attempt to wrap up. If the impact doesn't knock you down, you're free for another 3-5 yards.

Yea, I was going to add that Sean Taylor will not be on any tackling technique videos any time soon. He's a great hitter, but his technique is often poor.

It's amazing how just 12 months ago we were considered one of the most disciplined defenses in the league. "They know how to open field tackle, etc., etc."

What has changed? I can't figure this out for nothing.

It's a conundrum that will rattle the mind of years to come. i sometimes have sleepless nights from trying to figure out what happened. :(

It's a conundrum that will rattle the mind of years to come. i sometimes have sleepless nights from trying to figure out what happened. :(

I know we have some new guys in the secondary and Carter on the line but that should not have anything to do w/ tackling, staying in lanes, etc., right? We aren't that old w/ the exception of Griffin maybe.

I know we have some new guys in the secondary and Carter on the line but that should not have anything to do w/ tackling, staying in lanes, etc., right? We aren't that old w/ the exception of Griffin maybe.

exactly. there are just no excuses. i guess we'll see this sunday (if springs and vincent get considerable PT) if it was just our secondary that was losing games for us or if it's our defense as a whole.

Yea' date=' I was going to add that Sean Taylor will not be on any tackling technique videos any time soon. He's a great hitter, but his technique is often poor.[/quote']

Only when he gambles. He can tackle just fine and usually does, he's just been doing too much.

Last year he hardly missed any tackles, this year... he's been pressing you can tell he's trying to do too much.

It is crazy how he is always everywhere.

Carlos Rogers does the same thing, he is a very good tackling CB but he goes to force fumbles also - I think its a product of not trusting your teammates to do the right thing and be in the right place. I've heard anonymous "complaints" from Bram and 980 about certain D players consistently being out of position this year and others trying too hard to pick up the slack.

Well when you lead the team in tackling, I guess you are going to miss a few then huh?

Come on, Archuleta is a good tackler...

Tackling stats don't mean you're a good tackler. They don't tell you how far down the field you are. They don't say how far you were dragged. Is there a stat for missed tackles? The whole notion of Archuleta being a good tackler is a myth. He has a lot of tackles because he has a lot more opportunites. But I'm betting he leads the team in missed tackles as well. I've seen him miss a number of times.

Poor ol Sam, I've always admired the man but he is living in the past. He is definitely getting to the point where being put out of your misery should be considered. J/k

Sean Taylor's tackling technique? The guy wraps up when he has to. Did anyone see the wrap up he made on the running back in the pre-season for the Ravens? I know I did. That was great technique if you ask me. For you guys who still think that he doesnt, well thats your opinion and your allowed to feel that way. I personally think he shoots in and hits when its needed and sticks and wraps when he actually has something to grab from his shattered opponent :D

Non the less our secondary right now is being shat on by oppossing offenses. Some guys are playing with more field and that right there can throw of the defensive players off completely. making up ground, not communicating, etc.

With TV and SS in this week-end we should see better communication, and maybe better tackling.:doh:

Lets go Skins!!!

Brunell is pretty great at leading us to 2-4. I really can't stand him anymore.

I'm not stating that Brunell is the almighty, but your discription of this teams downfall doesnt just fall in his lap.

I see you dislike MB and want JC in but the whole team needs to be looked at man.

Again, we have to see the big picture right now and that is the entire offense is a step behind. Plus our defense is lacking what we had last season.

Our offense now has to outscore its opponents in order to be in the game due to the lack of defense. I dont see anyone pointing fingers at one man there?

Anyhoo something we need to work on very quickly to future wins.

R=RESILIENCE / E=EXCELLENCE / D=DRIVE / S=SUPPORT / K=KILLER INSTINCT / I=INTIMIDATION / N=NOISE

THOSE ARE THE THINGS OUR GUYS ON THE TEAM WORK WITH WHY CANT WE?

Poor ol Sam, I've always admired the man but he is living in the past. He is definitely getting to the point where being put out of your misery should be considered. J/k

Sean Taylor's tackling technique? The guy wraps up when he has to. Did anyone see the wrap up he made on the running back in the pre-season for the Ravens? I know I did. That was great technique if you ask me. For you guys who still think that he doesnt, well thats your opinion and your allowed to feel that way. I personally think he shoots in and hits when its needed and sticks and wraps when he actually has something to grab from his shattered opponent :D

Non the less our secondary right now is being shat on by oppossing offenses. Some guys are playing with more field and that right there can throw of the defensive players off completely. making up ground, not communicating, etc.

With TV and SS in this week-end we should see better communication, and maybe better tackling.:doh:

Lets go Skins!!!

Its kind of hard to wrap your arms around a guy that is flying backwards from the devastating hit you just layed on him. If he wraps his arms around him, Sean is going to along for the ride to the ground. He is the most fun thing to watch about this team. He sure makes our opponents earn there game checks. :dallasuck

Archived