Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RTD: Yellow Jersey was Musgrave's idea

E-Dog Night

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031784193159&path=%21sports&s=1045855934844

REDSKINS NOTES

Richmond Times-Dispatch Aug 2, 2005

STANDING OUT: Training camp practices can be filled with dull routine, but the Redskins have found a way to add a splash of color to the workouts this summer in Ashburn.

The quarterbacks, Patrick Ramsey, Mark Brunell and Bryson Spinner, wore yellow jerseys. Jason Campbell, the Redskins rookie quarterback, is not here yet. He and the Redskins continue to work through contract negotiations.

The Redskins quarterbacks' mustard yellow shirts were quite a contrast to their offensive teammates who wore white jerseys and their defensive mates who wore burgundy.

"To tell you the truth, I walked out there, and I was surprised myself," Redskins coach Joe Gibbs said. "Bill put them in yellow, or whatever that color is. I'm not sure what it is."

Bill Musgrave is the Redskins quarterbacks coach.

"I think he was trying to say that we've made a real emphasis in practice one of the things you worry about the quarterback is the player rushing, and the natural instinct of a player rushing is to put his hands out. And if you put your hands out, there's a chance you can hook a quarterback when he's throwing. Anything we can do to highlight the fact that we want to keep our hands down when we get around the quarterback [is good], and I think the fact that he's got a different color jersey on probably helps keep the defensive linemen off him."

And this decision was made without Gibbs' input?

"Bill did that pretty much on his own," Gibbs said. "I'm getting worried here. There may be a mutiny here."

LIGHTS, CAMERAS, ACTION: The Redskins will practice at night several times during the preseason. Gibbs always has liked breaking up the training camp routine. He also believes that players react differently when they are under the lights.

But this year, instead of going to a high school stadium as they did last season, the lights will come to the Redskins. Lights will be brought to Redskin Park because it's easier logistically to bring lights to the players than it is to find a field, then move 80 players, plus equipment and video platforms to the lights.

PHYSICALLY UNABLE TO PERFORM: Linebacker LaVar Arrington and defensive tackle Brandon Noble were placed on the active, physically unable to perform list yesterday. Neither has passed his physical -- Arrington is recovering from a knee injury; Noble from an infection after knee surgery -- but both are doing some light workouts. They can come off the PUP list at anytime during the preseason.

THEY CAME, THEY SAW: Redskins officials estimated that 2,760 fans were on hand for the first practice session that was open to the public. -- Paul Woody

Jason Campbell, the Redskins rookie quarterback, is not here yet. He and the Redskins continue to work through contract negotiations.

See what happens when you go to press to early. Someone tell Paul Woody that Campbell signed last night.

Originally posted by GPREP HOG

RU kidding me, my college team and as far as I know all schools, put their quarterback in yellow???

How is this a story worth writing about?

"Stop the press....Ramsey is in yellow.......Gibbs has made another coaching blunder"

Exactly! That's precisely why I made the comment I made earlier (it was sarcasm for those of you who didn't catch on). There's Redskins' football on the horizon people, and we're talking about jerseys? Get it together!

Originally posted by Sweet Sassy Molassy

Exactly! That's precisely why I made the comment I made earlier (it was sarcasm for those of you who didn't catch on). There's Redskins' football on the horizon people, and we're talking about jerseys? Get it together!

I'll read anything relating to the Redskins. If someone wants to write an article about shoelace tassels on the trainers sneakers, I'll read it.

Originally posted by Sweet Sassy Molassy

I got it! ;)

REDSKINS NOTES

STANDING OUT: Training camp practices can be filled with dull routine, but the Redskins have found a way to add a splash of color to the workouts this summer in Ashburn.

The quarterbacks, Patrick Ramsey, Mark Brunell and Bryson Spinner, wore yellow jerseys. Jason Campbell, the Redskins rookie quarterback, is not here yet. He and the Redskins continue to work through contract negotiations.

The Redskins quarterbacks' mustard yellow shirts were quite a contrast to their offensive teammates who wore white jerseys and their defensive mates who wore burgundy.

"To tell you the truth, I walked out there, and I was surprised myself," Redskins coach Joe Gibbs said. "Bill put them in yellow, or whatever that color is. I'm not sure what it is."

Bill Musgrave is the Redskins quarterbacks coach.

"I think he was trying to say that we've made a real emphasis in practice one of the things you worry about the quarterback is the player rushing, and the natural instinct of a player rushing is to put his hands out. And if you put your hands out, there's a chance you can hook a quarterback when he's throwing. Anything we can do to highlight the fact that we want to keep our hands down when we get around the quarterback [is good], and I think the fact that he's got a different color jersey on probably helps keep the defensive linemen off him."

And this decision was made without Gibbs' input?

"Bill did that pretty much on his own," Gibbs said. "I'm getting worried here. There may be a mutiny here."

LIGHTS, CAMERAS, ACTION: The Redskins will practice at night several times during the preseason. Gibbs always has liked breaking up the training camp routine. He also believes that players react differently when they are under the lights.

But this year, instead of going to a high school stadium as they did last season, the lights will come to the Redskins. Lights will be brought to Redskin Park because it's easier logistically to bring lights to the players than it is to find a field, then move 80 players, plus equipment and video platforms to the lights.

PHYSICALLY UNABLE TO PERFORM: Linebacker LaVar Arrington and defensive tackle Brandon Noble were placed on the active, physically unable to perform list yesterday. Neither has passed his physical -- Arrington is recovering from a knee injury; Noble from an infection after knee surgery -- but both are doing some light workouts. They can come off the PUP list at anytime during the preseason.

THEY CAME, THEY SAW: Redskins officials estimated that 2,760 fans were on hand for the first practice session that was open to the public. -- Paul Woody

This story can be found at: http://www.richmondtimesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD%2FMGArticle%2FRTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031784193159&path=%21sports&s=1045855934844

Archived