Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com Poll (Ramsey included)

Originally posted by zoony

Leftwich is going to be the next McNair... I think the jags will go deep into the playoffs this year.

I agree, dont know if he'll take them deep into the playoffs this year but he might, they're not far off, i think he'll be better than McNair

Originally posted by Park City Skins

CHUBAKAH casting his line upon the waters. ;)

I'm not biting. Anyone who thinks Joey Harrington or Kyle Boller have shown more potential while in an NFL uniform doesn't really have the right to be taken seriously.

Palmer- Breakout

Harrington- NO...No...no...

Boller- :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

*ahem*

Leftwich-Breakout

Ramsey - Breakout (30 TD's 17 INTs, I swear!)

Originally posted by RDSKNfaithfull

He is nothing like McNair:doh: They play the same postion, are African American and are big guys.

Leftwitch is less mobile than Ramsey

Yeah thats what I was thinking. But remember, everytime you say someone will "be the next _____", they both must be of the same ethnicity. :rolleyes:

Ramsey is a Speedster!

5.14! Thats Average Speed!

Where's Tom Brady at? Get your flags and whistles, Ramsey would win hands down.

Have you ever seen Ramsey roll out? His Swiftness is unbelievable! And his 5 yard scramble last year? Man, he coulda broke that one for a big gain!

But in all seriousness,

Ramsey's gonna have a breakout year! At Least 25-30 touchdowns, we just have so much speed on the field! (not including Ramsey :laugh: )

Originally posted by CHUBAKAH

Hard to argue with 40 thousand votes....

No bites yet.

I'm not saying 40,000 are wrong, but 26.8% are not all there, and 8.4% need to be institutionalized !! OFF the streets those people scare me running around loose.:laugh: :laugh:

I picked Palmer in our poll....

I thought Leftwhich was already decent.

Ramsey and Palmer have a good shot.

Carr is a good QB, but never has any time to throw the ball.

Harrington has proven how lackluster of talent he his-- If he doesn't throw for 3000-4000 yards and 30+ TD's with his WR corp. he should be booted.

Boller now has the talent around him, so no excuses. I still see him being the master of throwing the deep ball on his knees. The only problem is that in the NFL, a QB on his knees usually = sack.

I'm being a bit of a hypocrite. In "Clinton Portis" thread re: Ramsey's stats for the coming year, I suggested that Ramsey is not likely to have a breakout year.

But from past experience of being a Gibbs-led Redskins fan, I'm confident that out of the list provided, Ramsey is as likely as anyone to actually have a breakout year. So I voted for him.

But at the same time, I think Carson Palmer or Byron Leftwich are just as likely as Ramsey to have that breakout season. I honestly believe its between those 3. I don't have confidence in any of the others listed.....

I voted Leftwich. His targets include last year's first rounder Reggie Williams and this year's first rounder Matt Jones. Jimmy Smith is still the best deep threat in the league. They also have Troy Edwards and Ernest Wilford. They're installing a pass-happy system this year that relies on Leftwich's arm.

In a realistic view, I'd have to say,

Leftwich

Carr

Harrington

Palmer

Ramsey

Boller

Leftwich has already shown that he has what it takes; be it in streaks during the season, he was able to maintain this composure for entire games.

Carr, from what I've seen, is probably as gutsy as Favre, or perhaps even more gutsy. He and Johnson are dangerous together.

If Harrington doesn't blow up this year, he's going to lose A LOT of face. He's got Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, and now Mike Williams. If he doesn't start winning games immediately, say bye bye to Harrington. You'll be seeing TO's favorite QB throwing for the Lions for the rest of the season. Harrington will be gone and a new pupil will be brought in behind Garcia.

Boller is a disaster. Palmer has had plenty of chances to show himself. Ramsey, he'll finally get his fair chance this coming season. I honestly don't see him at Leftwich's or Carr's level yet, but I'm still hoping he does great things.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade. Just trying to be realistic.

EDIT: All in all, it won't be a Brees-like turnaround for Ramsey that will get us into the playoffs next season. It's going to be a healthy O-line, our consistently stingy D, and Portis. HOWEVER, we WILL need Ramsey to continue to progress and give us a SERVICEABLE passing game, nothing explosive is necessary. We just need to make teams believe they will pay if they constantly stack 8 men in the box and that they do need to play a balanced D against us.

Originally posted by CHUBAKAH

53000 votes now. Not much change

A lot of people look at the Lions talent on "O" and figure how could Harrington not break out, so that 26.6% is understandable although he will be replaced this year in my opinion. But Kyle Boller's 8.4% is ridiculous!!! I'm telling you some sort of squad needs to be formed to pick these lunatics up off the streets!!!

they can start looking for the 3 that voted for him on this thread :D

Archived