Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spouses loving opposing teams.....kids

TerpsEagles

Okay.... so I'm obviously a die hard Eagles fan... and my fiancee is a DC born die hard Skins fan..... we have a blast watching football on the weekends.... we've had the Sunday Ticket for the past few years and this past year got the HD Plasma w/ the split screen so on the weekends that the Skins and Eagles game are on at the same time we can split the screen and watch both... it's pretty funny.... we've actually gotten really good at this... we try to give whoever is on offense the volume... or whichever game has something happening.....

we have some fun trash talk, etc.... but we each have a good respect for the others "fan-dome" so to speak.....

we joke with each other that when we have kids we'll each be sneaking out and buying our teams gear and stuff for the kid.. and jokingly wonder which team (if any of the two) our kids will grow up rooting for....

anybody else have a spouse that routes for another team..... or kids in that situation....

would love to hear some of the stories...

peace

My wife is a Bucs fan. Born and raised in Tampa. Her family has had season tix since day one. So I dont begrudge her rooting interest.

Our deal is simple. I agree to let her buy our kids anything Buc related as long as she agrees to do the same with Skins stuff. And of course, she doesnt buy much if anything, so they have a dominance of Skins gear.

I do draw the line at College gear though. She is a huge Gator fan (even though she went to Alabama for 2 years, then USF). But she knows better than to bring anything Florida related into the house.

My wife is a cowpukes fan....to say the least its no fun when the Skins play dallas. My daughter is also a dallas fan but my son who is 2 1/2 is becoming a Skins fan. He can sing along with Hail To The Redskins( He can sing the Chorus of Rocky Top) so I am hoping he will be the balance in our family. Kinda sounds like something out of Star Wars.

Well, my wife is a Skins fan. She never liked football, but would watch it with me when we were dating. One year I took her to a Skins game at RFK and she has been hooked ever since.

....but I used to date a Giants fan. She cheated on me...with a Cowboys fan...talk about a double whammy. Friggin' whore.

My 10 yr old daughter is a Dolphins fan. To this day I don't know where I went wrong on that one??? My 8 yr old just wants to root for the team with the "prettiest" uniform. Thankfully, my 6 yr old boy roots for the Skins - don't know what I would do if he went astray:(

My wife is a Philly fan, but I don't allow Eagles gear in the house. Fortunately, both of the kids are Redskins fans, though my oldest daughter keeps asking me why we are supposed to hate the Cowboys - I keep telling her it's because we are Redskins fans ;)

The youngest has unquestioned allegiance...so I'll savor this moment while I have it.

My other half hates any kind of sports.

I have a little mini-football for my daughter to play with and get her to shout "Touchdown Redskins" when she plays with it, which she does. But my missus tries to to poision my childs mind by getting her to say "Touchdown Giants"...................she's only 4 so sometimes she gets won over by mum but is soon corrected by Dad.

My Dad is from South Jersey and an Eagles fan. I was born here, as were my Mother and Sister, and we're diehard 'Skins fans. My fiance is from Buffalo and, like all Buffalonians, is a diehard (yet disappointed) Bills fan. As you can expect, a lot of ribbing does come her way from me... ;)

Nick

all I know is that, if i happen to marry another fan, hell if im gonna allow any division rival stuff on her. I can probably tolerate most other teams though, save the Broncos, Jets, and Jaguars. Now the kids, my future son is gonna be a wide receiver, and he better be raised a skins fan if he knows whats good for him.

I feel sorry for my niece. Her dad is a die hard Giants fan, her mom is a cowboys fan, and her uncle Pez is a diehard Skins fan. We are all taking bets on if she will have to be different and become an Eagles fan.

Originally posted by Chrisbob74

My other half hates any kind of sports.

I have a little mini-football for my daughter to play with and get her to shout "Touchdown Redskins" when she plays with it, which she does. But my missus tries to to poision my childs mind by getting her to say "Touchdown Giants"...................she's only 4 so sometimes she gets won over by mum but is soon corrected by Dad.

I feel ya, My wife won't even try to like any NFL team, let alone our Skins. I would love for her to even care a little about any team!

Originally posted by goskins

My wife,

is a Redskins fan, primarily thanks to me.

I once dated a girl that was a Bills fan. She kept telling me how the 'Deadskins' sucked......I should have known it would have never worked out between us.

I know this is off the topic but I can't stand the term "Deadskins". I mean I have heard some pretty bad things said about my beloved Skins but the term "Deadskins" hurts the most. Am I the only one that cringes when someone uses that term?

Originally posted by TerpsEagles

we joke with each other that when we have kids we'll each be sneaking out and buying our teams gear and stuff for the kid.. and jokingly wonder which team (if any of the two) our kids will grow up rooting for....

As long as its not the Cowboys... :cheers:

My grandfather is a Skins fans. He was on the season ticket wait list for 30 years until FedEx opened. My dad is a Skins fan. I am a Skins fan. I like to say that I've been a Skins fan since conception (hence my signature), but I really haven't cared about them until 4 or 5 years ago. Actually, when I was 2, I would alter the lyrics of HTTR to say, "Hail to the Buffalo Bills" (I lived in Rochester, NY). I have two younger sisters. The one who's in high school almost rooted for the Eagles in the Super Bowl, but then she saw a picture of Tom Brady. My other sister doesn't really care, but she does defend the Redskins when her friends make comments.

My wife and I live in Charlotte and we are Panthers season ticket holders. She is one of the biggest Panther fans around and deals with the fact that I am more of a casual Panther fan and die-hard Skins fan.

With that being said I have agreed to raise our children as Panther fans. It just makes more sense living here in the city and going to games.

Ok now slam away!

Originally posted by Henry

My wife is a Redskins fan. My children are Redskins fans. As will be their children.

So sayeth I. :)

AMEN HENRY! There is enough friction in the house now. If my wife suddenly became a Dallas fan, it would be time to look for a new Mrs.

And my kids know better as well.....especially if they ever want to play video games or get on the computer again. ;)

My rule:

Daughters can root for who they want once they get move out, as long as they live in MY house, they MUST be Redskins fans or they MUST not watch football. Sons MUST root for the Redskins and MUST have at least one skins jacket, a knit or baseball cap with the skin's logo/colors and should have at least on Redskin polo or t-shirt for warmer games. They MUST root for the Redskins for their whole life and they MUST pass this passion on.

Been a redskins fan for ever, Im 14, so infact, the first Superbowl game I watched ( Probably slept through and cryed through, buts lets not ruin the moment) is Redskins beating the bills 37-24

(2nd superbowl lived through, but i bet i could barely keep my eyes open longer then a few minutes straight as i was only 4 days old.

Around here, that sort of conflict is very common on the college level. With both the University of Kentucky and the University of Louisville, the battle of the "home" team hits pretty much everybody. It can get a bit nasty with my Hubby's family. My HUsband, his Mom and two of his sisters are die hard UK fans. The other two sisters are U of L fans. Though if one of the U of L sisters tries to enter their Mom's house with U of L stuff on, they are turned away. Like wise, one of the sisters won't let you into her house with any UK stuff on.

The kids are like the pawns in all of this. Often, my nephew shows up at our house with a U of L shirt on. My Hubby will make him change into another shirt and the U of L shirt will sit in the garage (Not allowed in the house) until his dad comes and picks him up the next day.

Archived