Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT Op-Ed: How Hip-Hop Music Lost Its Way And Betrayed Its Fans.........

TC4

I would also like to point out that I'm not against some of the violent hiphop thats out there. I believe as long as hiphop speaks on the violence thats out there people won't forget it. The problem is that somehow the message has gotten lost with all of the money that can be made off of it. Its funny how articles like this talk about the violence that rap portrays but they don't realize the violence would still be there if rap didn't exist. I'm not saying that every rapper is talking the truth in their rhymes. What I am saying is that if Hiphop wasn't around no one would care about the violence that goes down in urban cities.

Originally posted by Island Boy

Whats you point???? You keep goin on and on. And every response is NBA this or NBA that.

The majority of the NBA is black, what do you expect???

Yeah I have no idea why he is equating HipHop with the NBA. What people in the NBA shouldn't listen to HipHop?

Originally posted by Island Boy

Whats you point???? You keep goin on and on. And every response is NBA this or NBA that.

The majority of the NBA is black, what do you expect???

I expect professional organization to provide at least a minimal role model for our future generations. I will link the last thread on this subject regarding the NBA Allstars in the Olympics if necessary. Their representation in the Olympics speaks for itself.

I hear some say that the hip hop culture IS providing a role model due to the fact that it represents the "real world". Like thug killing, drug taking, pimp my ****es......

I for one think that is total bull hockey.

What up Cleezy, You know I have something to say- Hip Hop is a type of Music, It has Good songs and bad, and many different topics, I agree hip-hop has taken a turn for the worst as far as gangsta rap but Hip-hop has been around for at least 25 years it wasn't always gangsta rap. But what kills me is ain't no problem with gangsta MOVIES just gangsta RAP. I mean where are they getting this GOODFELLA mine set from.

Not the Ghetto.

Originally posted by portisizzle

I expect professional organization to provide at least a minimal role model for our future generations. I will link the last thread on this subject regarding the NBA Allstars in the Olympics if necessary. Their representation in the Olympics speaks for itself.

I hear some say that the hip hop culture IS providing a role model due to the fact that it represents the "real world". Like thug killing, drug taking, pimp my ****es......

I still don't get your point ... your saying that all NBA players listen to HipHop therefore they are thugs?

Not everyone in the NBA listens to HipHop or HipHop exclusively. I think that is an extremely general statement. And it reinforces what I said before ... when it has to do with black people only the negative can be seen.

I can make the same general statement of hockey. All hockey players are violent and the fighting they do on the ice is a bad influence to kids. Nobody is talking about that because there are only like 4 black guys that play hockey.

Get my point?

Originally posted by dahurt002

What up Cleezy, You know I have something to say- Hip Hop is a type of Music, It has Good songs and bad, and many different topics, I agree hip-hop has taken a turn for the worst as far as gangsta rap but Hip-hop has been around for at least 25 years it wasn't always gangsta rap. But what kills me is ain't no problem with gangsta MOVIES just gangsta RAP. I mean where are they getting this GOODFELLA mine set from.

Not the Ghetto.

Mo fo sheezy my neezy.

I do not know any children who are allowed to watch GOODFELLA or a Gangsta movie.

However, Gangsta music is on MTV. Pretty prominent for the younger generation. Little kids crunking on Ludachris makes me sick to stomach.

Originally posted by Clutch03

I still don't get your point ... your saying that all NBA players listen to HipHop therefore they are thugs?

Not everyone in the NBA listens to HipHop or HipHop exclusively. I think that is an extremely general statement. And it reinforces what I said before ... when it has to do with black people only the negative can be seen.

I can make the same general statement of hockey. All hockey players are violent and the fighting they do on the ice is a bad influence to kids. Nobody is talking about that because there are only like 4 black guys that play hockey.

Get my point?

I give you Alan Iverson, Ron Artest.

BTW, fans do not give a shiznuckle about the NHL. WONDER WHY???

Black people acting like dumbasses are no different then white people acting like dumbasses. What does this have to do with racism??

Get my point?

Great point, In Hockey players are allowed to fight,

Guess ain't nothing Negative about that,

but let a rapper say what he has seen in the inner city(murder, crime, etc.)

and all Hell brakes loose.

Get my point?

Get my point?

Mo fo sheezy my neezy.

I do not know any children who are allowed to watch GOODFELLA or a Gangsta movie.

However, Gangsta music is on MTV. Pretty prominent for the younger generation. Little kids crunking on Ludachris makes me sick to stomach.

You kill me ... you don't know any kids who are allowed to watch Goodfellas? Give me a break they played it on TNT last month. When was the first time you saw your first gangsta movie? I'm sure you weren't 18.

And the whole "Mo fo sheezy my neezy" rant just makes you sound ignorant. If you don't understand or take part in the slang that people use that is fine. However don't knock it.

And the whole "Mo fo sheezy my neezy" rant just makes you sound ignorant. If you don't understand or take part in the slang that people use that is fine. However don't knock it.

Yea it does...............and this coming from a white person.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.:laugh:

Black people acting like dumbasses are no different then white people acting like dumbasses. What does this have to do with racism??

What about Allen Iverson? You didn't make a point ... how many people has he killed? And as I remember it wasn't Allen the most respectful at the Olympic games?

And what does what Ron Artest did have anything to do with hiphop? Somebody threw a beer at his face and he got upset. What if I threw a beer in your face? Would you let me do it? Again you prove my point ... people only see the negativety.

The NBA does not exist as an entity whose goal is to cultivate role models for the youth. The league in of itself functions as a platform for the best basketball players in the world to compete. The league does not serve as a role model assembly line. If you're looking for role models why look to athletes. There are plenty of other noble professions out there.

With that said there are plenty of role models that exist in the current landscape. How about Golden State Warrior Adonal Foyle? This gentlemen spends so much of his time and money going to different schools to teach about campaign finance reform. How about Deke Mutombo who builds hospitals in some of the poorest areas of Africa? He has most likely saved more lives with his contributions than anyone in the NFL. How about Alonzo Mourning? He donated the contract he signed with the Heat all to kidney research. I really could go on, but I hope you get the picture at this point.

I'll cosign that.

Guest sith lord

I'll give you Mike Danton.Who is he?He's the NHL player jailed for conspiracy to commit murder for hire.

Originally posted by Kilmer17

Hip Hop and NeoNazi skinhead hate music are the same thing IMO.

That is a woefully inappropriate and sadly incorrect correlation. :doh:

While some Hip hop music may preach violence against whitey or otehr races - all Skinhead Music preaches superiority over other races and violence/hate against them.

I think you are offbase here, Kilmer.

That is probably the best comment you've made all thread. I totally agree with it. So that brings me to my point ... how is HipHop responsible if both black and white people on occasion act like dumbasses? So everytime somebody does something stupid they must have been listening to a Dre CD moments before?

Originally posted by T.E.G.

That is a woefully inappropriate and sadly incorrect correlation. :doh:

While some Hip hop music may preach violence against whitey or otehr races - all Skinhead Music preaches superiority over other races and violence/hate against them.

I think you are offbase here, Kilmer.

In context of the thread, I was referring to the violence preaching hip hop.

I concede that not all is that way. In fact, I own quite a few that are not.

Archived