Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need help on job offer (I think I this may be some sort of scam)

Prosperity

Who are you rooting for as our MLB?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you rooting for as our MLB?

• Barrow
    • Holdman
    • Marshall
    • McCune

I sat through an "interview" as well. The knives are great. Their facilities, staff, professionalism, and ethics are all highly questionable. Love how I wasn't told it was a sales job until I got there.

Any job that requires you to buy the product before you sell it isn't worth it. If they can't sell the product their damn selves, what makes you think you can?

Sorry to double-post, but it's necessary. This is such a scam, I can't believe they call it a business. I'm looking back now and remembering what it was like - the interview started off with them making a sales pitch to us! It's like any other pyramid scheme. It's great if you know a bunch of suckers and have no loyalty.

If you haven't seen it I'd recommend watching the movie Glengarry Glen Ross this weekend. And in the meantime "Put the coffee down. Coffee is for closers." :D

Alec Baldwin's finest performance. And very NSFW.

Quite a few years ago, I worked for a temp company and did one day in an office that sold windows or something. I happened to hear the sales meeting in the next room. It was similar to this. It really was.

dude you are a vector zombie, we aren't going to buy your bs

You still have yet to answer any of my questions. :)

Like I said, you failed because you chose so. I am not going to fail because I just do not like the feeling on quitting.

You apparently can accept failure with a smile and shrug. I can't.

Failure to me, is never an option!

I sat through an "interview" as well. The knives are great. Their facilities, staff, professionalism, and ethics are all highly questionable. Love how I wasn't told it was a sales job until I got there.

Any job that requires you to buy the product before you sell it isn't worth it. If they can't sell the product their damn selves, what makes you think you can?

Really? You are borrowing your kit so you can sell to the customers. The money that you put down is collateral. If you wish to not return it after the summer, than yes you did buy it. However, you are buying it because you are using it. :)

Sorry to double-post, but it's necessary. This is such a scam, I can't believe they call it a business.

The BBB would disagree. As well as , they have been in business for years!

I'm looking back now and remembering what it was like - the interview started off with them making a sales pitch to us! It's like any other pyramid scheme. It's great if you know a bunch of suckers and have no loyalty.

LOL. Damn, selling cutlery is THE DEVIL! I guess that I am worse then a Used Car Salesman. :rolleyes:

Alec Baldwin's finest performance. And very NSFW.

Quite a few years ago, I worked for a temp company and did one day in an office that sold windows or something. I happened to hear the sales meeting in the next room. It was similar to this. It really was.

That's because David Mamet wrote based on real life experiances of sales professionals. Hell, I used to use the Blake clip as a training tool. If you can't hack that, then you'll find yourself sitting in a bar going 'I used to be a salesman. It's a tough gig.' ;)

Really? You are borrowing your kit so you can sell to the customers. The money that you put down is collateral. If you wish to not return it after the summer, than yes you did buy it. However, you are buying it because you are using it. :)

Does that mean I can act interested in selling the stuff and get a sweet set of knives worth $900 for $200?

Get the kit and then pack in the job? I might be interested in that!

it's not that i can't or don't want to answer your questions i just don't think you have enough credibility on this topic to be worth dealing with.

i only said this to be polite, in case you were expecting a response

LOL

You got called out on your bogus 'facts'. Now, you're upset about it.

That is OK. I do not associate myself with failures. The Law of Averages. You will only bring me down. :)

Does that mean I can act interested in selling the stuff and get a sweet set of knives worth $900 for $200?

Get the kit and then pack in the job? I might be interested in that!

You have to work the whole summer. That is why you sign a contract stating so. So, people like you don't get the knives and run with them. :) And they are not worth $900 because you do not get the whole $900 set all at once.

Smart thinking though. I am sure they have had that before so there is a clause in the contract.

no average person cuts with that many knives.. i think i have 3 knives in my entire house and my family hasn't bought 1 in years

1) No one said that 'the average person' does.

2) I bet those knives are dull as hell or you have to spend a good amount of money to get them sharpened.

i sold cutco back in summer of 1995 or 1996. i made about 3g over the summer. you gotta have the contacts. that's the key

While, recos obviously make or break you. Self-Confidence is the key. If you do not believe in yourself, you will not believe enough in the product--thus next to no sales.

Everyone has to start somewhere. But Praise Gibbs, please come back down to earth. You've been selling KNIVES for a WEEK, chief.

I guess the go-getter attitude is there but the ****yness over selling knives for cutco is pretty funny.

I have been selling my whole life actually. Even you, have been selling your whole life.. whether you realize that or not.

And the ****yness is not about selling knives.. You are apparently missing the whole point. I am confident that Vector will be my gateway to bigger and better things. I will achieve that through the knowledge learned.

Don't be hatin'!! :silly:

I have been selling my whole life actually. Even you, have been selling your whole life.. whether you realize that or not.

And the ****yness is not about selling knives.. You are apparently missing the whole point. I am confident that Vector will be my gateway to bigger and better things. I will achieve that through the knowledge learned.

Don't be hatin'!! :silly:

I'm not hatin, if you can make money selling knives, that's great.

You just sound like a Vector robot or something. I can see being like that on the job but to take it home and to the net is a bit scary.

At work I can make paying a 20 dollar fee to pay your mortgage over the phone when its the 3rd day of the month and you've got until the 15th to get it to us before the late fee----sound like a great deal. When in essence they could throw it in the mail and be just fine. But the company man schtick leaves the second I walk out the door and I'm well aware that the 20 dollar fee is ridiculous.

granted that's too nasty for me, it is cleaner overall. Toilet paper does not clean the way water can. I could never do it, and it doesn't seem like it affects anything much, but yeah, it is cleaner. It's just like the people who are starting to use wipes along with TP.

You are out of your mind. Wiping your ass with your hand is cleaner than using toilet paper? :puke:

I'm not hatin, if you can make money selling knives, that's great.

You just sound like a Vector robot or something. I can see being like that on the job but to take it home and to the net is a bit scary.

I don't think so. It is not like i started this thread or anything. I was bored so I searched to see if anyone has heard about the company before and lo and behold there was someone talking out of their ass about stuff that was not true. When something is not true, and I know a little something about the topic, I call them on it. This can be about knives, bowling, or anything in general. It JUST so happened that it was about knives this time.

At work I can make paying a 20 dollar fee to pay your mortgage over the phone when its the 3rd day of the month and you've got until the 15th to get it to us before the late fee----sound like a great deal. When in essence they could throw it in the mail and be just fine. But the company man schtick leaves the second I walk out the door and I'm well aware that the 20 dollar fee is ridiculous.

Funny thing is though.. I have been on the phone ALL DAY setting up appointments amongst other things. So, it's not like I ever 'left the office' yet. But, I completely understand what you are talking about.

Archived