Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Redskins, Holdman Agree to Terms

WVSkins79

Funny,

Holdman was the guy the Redskins were looking at to replace Armstead. Instead, he went to Cleveland and we landed Marcus Washington (while Barrow was brought in to replace Trotter).

Interesting how 1 year plays out.

Barrow and some other of the LB's are gone.....It's going to be very hard for our draft picks to make it with Arrington, Washington, Holdman, Clemons and Marshall most likely to make the squad.

Originally posted by goskins

.It's going to be very hard for our draft picks to make it with Arrington, Washington, Holdman, Clemons and Marshall most likely to make the squad.

Thats what the practice squad is for, the young ones.

Originally posted by Mickalino

So we've got :

Arrington

Washington

Barrow

Marshall

Brian Allen

Warrick Holdman

CLifton Smith

Robert McCune

Jared Newberry

Khary Campbell

Brandon Barnes

Chris Clemons

Zak Keasey

Joe Tuipala

There oughta be a starting MLB in there, somewhere

Tuipala, Barnes, and Barrow are done in D.C. Keasey and Newberry will go to the practice squad. Hopefully Smith makes the roster, but I might lump him in with the latter of these two classifications.

Brian Allen may be in and out as well.

Originally posted by Snyder Dan

I think Holdman is quality, he should be able to push for the MLB position and at worst is a great insurance policy on Lavar's knee

I think it was a great pickup. We wanted him last season and missed, so it's clearly been thought through. I like it.

You have to imagine it'll be VERY hard for Barrow to be kept now, even if he's healthy. Perhaps that's not the case, but, I'd be surprised with that linebacker lineup if Barrow is still in the cards after June 1.

That's a shame because he's a guy who could really make us a deadly defense if healthy. Holdman is a nice enough player with good starting experience and if he's as versatile as this article makes it sound, he's more likely to make the team than Barrow if there's any question about Barrow's health.

I don't want to see Barrow go...but the injury he's rehab-ing is a tough and unpredictable one, especially with a player at his age and mileage.

We are LB'd up and appear ready to handle just about ANYTHING that might arise. ST's look to be significantly better as well with these acquisitions and draft picks.

Defense should NOT BE the problem this year. If anything we should stay where we are if not actually improve. Just a respectable level of Offense and we should be more than fine.

Clifton Smith doesn't seem to be in the team's plans. When GW - Redskins.com spoke about 4-5 options at MLB they didn't include him as an option.

I've never thought Barrow would be back given what Bubba Tyer said last year about it being very unlikely that he could return. He also saves us $1.75 million in cap space if cut after June 1. Still that is a lot of lb's when you're bringing back 2-3 young guys who you like alot from last year, sign 2 veterans, and THEN draft 2 more when you already have LaVar, Washington, Marshall. It doesn't quite make sense to me.

I like this pick alot. Gives Greg Williams a whole bunch of options for whos going to rush the QB, whos going to stuff the middle, and so on. Holdman, Washington or Arrington can do any of those choices. This also gives ST an extra boost. You can really concentrate on a actual Special Team that will have the same personel, pending injuries and performance of course.

Wow you mean there actually are some LB available that might be able to fill the BIG shoes of the great A. Pierce>>:laugh: Our defense can still be one of the best without A. Pierce and we didn't even have to pay this one 6 Mil SB??;) I thought that might happen.:cool: I still think losing Smoot and Pierce we will end up no worst then the top 5 in defense.:2cents: They were good players but nothing special.

Great pickup. Can't believe he was released by the Browns.

He could start at MLB becuase of experience, but me thinks we have a core rotation of linebackers with a few more tricks up the sleeve.

What worries me most about this is that we are worried about Lavar.Then again, if the unforeseeable happens, we are prepared.

Originally posted by tr1

Barrow's MRI results back? Me thinks so.

Yep.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101962

Redskins.com Noble Has Setback After Surgery

Meantime, Mike Barrow underwent a MRI on his left knee last weekend and his status remains uncertain, Gibbs said. It was expected that Barrow would be able to begin a running program following the MRI, but doctors want to spend more time on strengthening the knee.

"He's doing some flexibility work," Gibbs said.

Archived