Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tell me about Ramsey

MrFrank

Ramsey is one of the better quarterbacks in the NFL. Forget the potential crap. He's always posted decent numbers, even under mindboggling adversity, such as Spurrier's idiocy, the OL's failure to block anyone, and the horrendous receivers supplied by management (numerous drops and almost total lack of separation), as well as constantly being under pressure to make up for the losses of the most penalty prone group of idiots in football. He's only had a couple of bad games in his career, and that was early on, and principally because its hard to see the open man when you're lying flat on your back. Peyton Manning would not have been successful on one of Spurrier's joke teams, nor on Gibb's last year. Don't fool yourself. Ramsey's the primary thing right about our offense. He and Portis are quality players. Jansen, Thomas, and Cooley can help. The rest are role players and journeymen, including Samuels. Drafting Campbell was drafting at a position of least need, unless Gibbs knows or suspects that Ramsey is going to take a walk to a team that deserves him after this season.

Ramsey is the best QB of his draft class, including Carr. His develop has been supremely stunted due to poor offensive philosphies, and OL execution, and an inopprotune foot injury. He has good accuracy with hard stuff, but very little touch. His ability to evade sacks is above average, but his ability to move within the pocket is poor. His internal game clock is not yet efficient by NFL standards. One of the top 5 strongest arms in the league, his deep ball is inconsistent, but can be very good at moments. Tends to make slow reads, and his field vision is questionable. However, if given the time, will usually make the right read, but hesitates in throwing the ball away if nothing is open, which causes him to occasionally force a ball. Thankfully, he throws it so hard, interceptions are uncommon when he throws into double coverage. Usually interceptions are due to mistiming on either his part or the reciever's, or inability to accurately place a touch pass. Also has good creativity with his plays, and improvisation skills. Needs to seriously work on his play action though.

ram has accuracy issues, is a statue in the pocket, and takes too long to find the open man....his arm strength saves the day for him on many occasions.

with that said?

he's the best we got right now.

will he go up or down, who knows?

more experience and a better line won't hurt....

here's hoping for the best...i don't care who our QB is, i just want our Skins to win...and frankly, i'd like someone other than Jansen to claim to be the leader of the offense for once.

:2cents:

Hail Skins. Playoffs or Bust. :helmet: :cheers: :helmet:

Originally posted by jrockster77

Part of that was slow receivers, however (Coles - toe, Gardner - 4.5ish, I think). He tended to overthrow receivers on the long ball, but I think that will change with speedy receivers. Also, I think he lost a lot of confidence by not starting the first 8 games; which he seemed to be gaining back in the final few games. Hopefully he comes into this year fully confident and ready to work. He doesn't have to be great, just good for the Skins to suceed (Gibbs is run first).

As far as Campbell, Gibbs loves having a lot of solid QBs on the roster. I'm of the opinion that he is only a threat to Ramsey if Ramsey screws up this year. Its PR's job to lose. He's also insurance in case Ramsey doesn't return, or if he gets injured. But in no way is he a candidate for the starting QB position this season, in my opinion. Hopefully an improved O-Line will improve Ramsey's game by a bunch.

Even if Campbell is more talented than Ramsey, is he gonna do all that better? Even though Jansen's comin' back, who else is gonna protect the QB? and who is the QB gonna throw to? I'm not convinced about Santana Moss or Rod Gardner. Portis has to be huge or it might be the same old $&^% from last year.

Originally posted by CoachParcells

As far as whether I'm being nice or not, the only thing I will say about that is that because I'm a Cowboys fan, most of you will automatically count me in among the trolls. I got it. And I don't pretend to hide my opinions about who is the better team. But I always give credit when credit is due.

-CP

Taken off of Cowpukes.com

I just received my official account activation from Extremeskins.com

Dear CoachParcells,

We have now activated your account at the EXTREMESKINS.com. We welcome your intelligent input regarding the Redskins, football, and other subjects.

However, if you are a fan of another team looking for someplace to post mindless spam or flaming, then you will be rapidly edited, censored, censured, and ultimately banned. This type of fan has no place on EXTREMESKINS.com.

With that said, welcome aboard!

(blah, blah, blah...some forum policy for losers .....blah, blah, blah)

Thanks,

EXTREMESKINS.com team

Hey Parcells, What ya gonna say now? You are a Troll, so Get the hell off our sight!

Hey. What say we try not to make PCS look like too much of a liar, ( which in turn makes me look bad. And I certainly don't need any help in that area). The welcome mat is out and until such time as C.P. proves he hasn't changed from the guy that "everyone here" is aware he was on other boards and the mods act accordingly, let's give some of that other stuff a rest for a bit. Or at least put it on the back burner with the we screwed up the draft stuff. :) Help a fellow poster out huh?

Originally posted by MCnDaHouse

"Site"

Sorry, never claimed to be an English major!

Originally posted by forbeskin

Maybe he meant like get out of our sight? LOL

Didn't mean it that way, but that was good!

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Hey. What say we try not to make PCS look like too much of a liar, ( which in turn makes me look bad. And I certainly don't need any help in that area). The welcome mat is out and until such time as C.P. proves he hasn't changed from the guy that "everyone here" is aware he was on other boards and the mods act accordingly, let's give some of that other stuff a rest for a bit. Or at least put it on the back burner with the we screwed up the draft stuff. :) Help a fellow poster out huh?

I'm sorry PCS, I guess what I was trying to say is that I do not like 2 faced people and if he is going to talk S@@T about us, then atleast do it to our faces. But I am done ranting now. Sorry!

I think Ramsey has a strong arm but he makes bad decisions and gets nervous in the pocket. I remember his 1st game against the Titans I was saying to my boys I finally got a QB. Then I recall the Giants game last year and I was saying WTF is he doing?? Patrick has progress he has fallen back. I still think he can get the job done if he prepares himself and not get so nervous when the rush comes. That 2nd year under Spurrier could be the reason for this and all the punishment he took that year.

No matter what we think of Ramsey Gibbs is not convinced he's the man. 2 QB's in 2 years Gibbs has seen something he doesn't like. I hope Ramsey gets it together learns the playbook and keeps his job. That's all a man can asked for is a chance to prove himself. Coach Parcell what did you think about Henson??

Like I said the other day, I misjudged this forum and said some things I shouldn't have. I would even go as far as to say that there might have been a small part of me that wanted to troll. It's only human nature. But you guys were cool to me and I have no reason to act like a jerk.

Archived