Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We've got everybody working there tails off voluntarily right except two.

Joe Gibbs has done an incredible job turning the Redskins around from a nine year disasterous state. The O line is much better with Jansen and Raback with depth now.

The receivers are much better (Coles has a broken wheel-to his credit he played with a broken big toe-now arthritic-nobody recovers from that . He has no YAC and drop from 18 to 10 YPC since breaking it. Jets got fleeced) Moss and Patten will be awesome, with Taylor, Thrash, Brown, MC and maybe a humble Gardner.

We've improved at running back with a year of continuity and a big bruising back who can also play H, still have Betts as well. We're now deep.

Quarterback Ramsey is going to have an incredible year again with continuity and competitive pressure. We're grooming a talented quarterback the right way, and Brunnel can back up.

Our defense will be even better with added starters Lavar, Daniels, Bowen and Nickle back Rodgers and the depth at linebacker, cornerback, safety which will improve special teams.

Special Teams will finally after nine years be good. we added four big, fast, strong guys in the draft to become special teams stand outs and add depth at H back, TE, Running back and Linebacker and cornerback.

Look at this way if I told you that we would add John Jansen, Lavar Arrington, Matt Bowen, Philip Daniels, Casy Rabach, Santana Moss, David Patten, maybe Micheal Barrow. First round picks Cornerback Rodger and QB Campbell who would sit on the bench as a QB should and learn. You would be freaking flipping out. And oh all the same coaches are back for a second year, three turned down HC jobs to stay.

Originally posted by KingdomBankcard

Quarterback Ramsey is going to have an incredible year again with continuity and competitive pressure. We're grooming a talented quarterback the right way, and Brunnel can back up.

I like Ramsey, but I'm not sure I'd call anything he's done incredible yet.

Originally posted by da#1skinsfan

Who turned down what head coaching jobs, officially?

Blache pulled his name out of the running at Notre Dame.

Williams told his agent he had no interest in the S.F. job.

And I know one other assistant was approached about a college job. Possibly Byner. I don't remember exactly. But whoever it was they also pulled their name out of the running.

No one was officially offered a job, but three coaches did consciouscly pull their names out of the running at three seperate jobs. Which means they didn't even care if they were going to be offered the job, they plain wanted to stay.

By the way, I pretty much feel the same way about all this. The one main thing is the continuity. People have been getting all excited each offseason about bringing people in and then complaining that there is no continuity. We are returning all but three starters and an entire coaching staff. I'm pretty happy about all this, myself.

Honestly, I skimmed over most of this post until I got to here:

And oh all the same coaches are back for a second year, three turned down HC jobs to stay.

That's not a small feat. Not for this team anyway. Lots of critics want to give ALL the credit for whatever small successes our team enjoyed last season to Williams, but who brought Williams here? And who's convincing him to stay?

Can't wait.. This year we really are going to surprise a lot of people I think..

And I think PR will surprise Gibbs, and if there is any turmoil between then it wil lbe resolved with solid QB play.

But hey if he doesn't play well, We might get to see waht the rookie can do =).

Originally posted by coles slaw

You gave the Jets a WR ten times as good as the one you got in return (bad toe or not) and ended up taking a cap hit at the same. Yah that's sounds like butter to me. :doh:

When Coles production fails to match his contract this season and is out of the league in 2 seasons due to his chronic arthritic toe(that he refuses to have repaired), get back to us...ok?

Originally posted by whitejimmy

( ) I say we bring him aboard for an incentive-laden, vet-minimum salary.

( ) He’s too old.

( ) Ever heard of the salary cap?

( ) “Man lands on Moon.” Old news, buddy. (thanks Hired Gun)

( ) Look at me, I have a new avatar!

( ) Ha ha, rival team’s player is arrested/hurt/dead/pregnant

( ) Ugh, another chicken little thread

( ) Look, another prima donna athlete!

( ) This trade proposal reeks of fantasy football thinking

( ) Does anyone know if this jersey is authentic?

( ) Look at my baby!

(X) Lenny P is fat

( ) This mediot is on crack

( ) I hate to say it, but this mediot is right

(X ) You should just trust Joe Gibbs, he’s a HOFer

( ) You should not blindly trust Joe Gibbs, he’s old

( ) I’m starting to agree with the Redskin’s decision on this topic

(X) SUPER DUPER MEGA MERGE

( ) If you’re going to hate on the Redskins, root for another team

( ) I love the Skins too much to let Vinny screw it up

( ) Dan Snyder is the devil

Originally posted by DieselPwr44

When Coles production fails to match his contract this season and is out of the league in 2 seasons due to his chronic arthritic toe(that he refuses to have repaired), get back to us...ok?

Better yet I'll get back to you during the season when Coles is tearing up the league with a real qb and Moss is on the bench nursing another tweaked hammy. :cheers:

Archived