Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

if we dont have a winning season next season......

chow184

i never expect a draftee to come in and be all world, but i don't see anyone outside of rodgers helping us right away.

Beyond the first round, it is hard to project anyone starting, unless you really suck at a certain position.

I actually think McCune could contribute in the near future.

Jason

I'm definately not happy about our offseason or our draft.

However, I think it's silly to sit and say that it could make or break Gibb's second go-round in Washington.

Even if our record regresses this season (which it very well could), that doesn't mean he's going to ultimately fail in his come back.

Look at Dallas. Parcells regressed his second season, that doesn't mean he's going to fail there.

Gibbs might have a stutter this year, but succeed overall.

If gibbs fails in this season to get a winning record he will leave. Most will be happy to see him go.

He has basically gone out of his way to do things his way since he got here. That's great. He's a super bowl winning coach, he gets that kind of respect. But we didn't bring him back here to have a record worse than spurrier. If he can't win next year he should step aside.

This draft was him basically saying, trust me I know what I'm doing. He said that about brunell essentially. You only get so many of those when you can't win football games consistently.

I actually think the only player from our draft that may not contribute this yr is Jason Campbell...

I see Rogers either starting or as the Nickel Back...

I see Campbell holding the clipboard for us as our 3rd QB...

I see Manual White as our short yardage/goaline back(ala Gerald Riggs)

Robert McCune is going to be a special teams contributer right away w/his size, speed and aggressiveness and if he can grasp the D fast enough he could push for playing time...

Newberry is going to be a ST contributer and provide LB depth...

I think this draft was pretty productive: We got a starting calibur CB, a QB of the future prospect, a big RB to provide change of pace for Portis, a MLB prospect that will contribute on ST...

We could have gone different ways in this draft but overall I think it was pretty productive...

Originally posted by Ignatius J.

If gibbs fails in this season to get a winning record he will leave. Most will be happy to see him go.

He has basically gone out of his way to do things his way since he got here. That's great. He's a super bowl winning coach, he gets that kind of respect. But we didn't bring him back here to have a record worse than spurrier. If he can't win next year he should step aside.

This draft was him basically saying, trust me I know what I'm doing. He said that about brunell essentially. You only get so many of those when you can't win football games consistently.

Are you serious????:rolleyes:

Gibbs, unlike your generation of folks, is a man who is true to his word. He will be here until he gets this team back on a winning track or until he gets the boot. And, believe me, there is no way in hell Snyder would fire Gibbs. Why? Because Snyder uderstands that Gibbs knows more about football than most of the people currently holding positions in the league. He also knows that, contrary to what you have said, most people would be up in arms if we let Gibbs go; they would not be happy.

Good coaches do go out of their way to do things their way. If they didn't, then what would be the reason to be the head coach. There are many coaches, scouts, and analysts watching film and workouts that collectively have helped to make decisions about our picks this year. There is a reason why they do that for a living and you and I don't.

The Redskins have been winners and kings of the offseason for the past five seasons, and it has not once produced a winning team. I think that this offseason is just what we need. Low key, yet surprising.

Archived