Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2005 NFL/Redskins Draft Thread

88Comrade2000

Originally posted by Alvin_Walton40

So tired of the constant belly aching that goes on here. My personal opinion is that we have a bunch of Madden Gm's/ fantasy football geeks/ and the rest hang on every word that comes out of ESPN as gospel.

Let the season play out. Give Joe and the front office a chance and let's wait till there is a snap to judge anyone.

Some advice - turn on your playstation and play a video game. B/c that is were you will be happy calling the shots.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing with a team's strategy. (Even vehemently). If I were an Eagles fan in the 60's I would have been irate to hear the Jurgy for NORMAN SNEAD (lol) trade. As a Redskin fan I was disgusted with the Deion signing. Many, many decisions have bothered me over the past 50 years. The only one that I think I might have blown was the Samuels pick when I desparately wanted them to take a WR. Samuels has had a couple very good seasons and a couple less than mediochre seasons. But it could still be a good move if he continues his comeback.

Who is going to gameplan around Mike Williams???

M Williams is straight so stop making offers to polish his knob

He is lucky to be the slot receiver in the 3 WR set with Rogers and Willaims going deep to take most of the coverage.

On any other team he would be treated like every other "great" usc wide receiver(cant find that sarcasm smilie)

Originally posted by SirArrington

Is it me, or has Vrabel been a bit of an a hole today? Maybe those Super Bowl rings are cutting off his circulation.

It's not just you.

Actually, Vrabel has always been an a hole. And more than just a little.

I am absolutely flabbergasted at the lack of respect for Joe Gibbs. I'm not saying that you can't disagree with his decisions, but the belittling of his intellegence and football sense is unbelievable to me. First from the national media, which happened rather quickly. Then from the local media, ie. Sports Reporters. Now from supposed Redskins fans. Unbelievable. Looking at this draft objectively, you cannot say that the drafting of Rogers and Campbell is idiotic. Maybe you say different players would be appropriate or disagree with the timing of said picks. But the vitriol and outright dismissal that Joe Gibbs may actually have an inkling of what he's doing seems out of wack for his history and accomplishments.

This is a wierd time.

But I realize that my diatribe, or anyone else's salient arguments, will fall on deaf ears. Only winning will begin to earn back the respect Joe Gibbs deserves. Reality of life.

I'm just shocked that in less than a year in a half, the perception of Joe Gibbs would be reduced to that of some rookie NFL man.

Whatever.

I'll be here when the rest of you return.

Originally posted by gmac79d

I am absolutely flabbergasted at the lack of respect for Joe Gibbs. I'm not saying that you can't disagree with his decisions, but the belittling of his intellegence and football sense is unbelievable to me. First from the national media, which happened rather quickly. Then from the local media, ie. Sports Reporters. Now from supposed Redskins fans. Unbelievable. Looking at this draft objectively, you cannot say that the drafting of Rogers and Campbell is idiotic. Maybe you say different players would be appropriate or disagree with the timing of said picks. But the vitriol and outright dismissal that Joe Gibbs may actually have an inkling of what he's doing seems out of wack for his history and accomplishments.

This is a wierd time.

But I realize that my diatribe, or anyone else's salient arguments, will fall on deaf ears. Only winning will begin to earn back the respect Joe Gibbs deserves. Reality of life.

I'm just shocked that in less than a year in a half, the perception of Joe Gibbs would be reduced to that of some rookie NFL man.

Whatever.

:notworthy :notworthy

couldn't of said it better myself . i've been reading this board all day ,well since noon :D and to read what i've been reading , some on here either don't remember anything about Joe Gibbs or are just to Damn stupid to see that it takes time to turn this team into what he and his staff feels is best for this franchise. i for one will be here when the ship is righted , lets see who the real Redskins are !!!

:cheers: to those of you who are :cheers:

Originally posted by gmac79d

This is a wierd time.

Whatever.

:notworthy

While I'll admit I wanted Williams over Rogers, I understand it after seeing the Campbell pick. What puzzles me, as it does many of you, is why you want to create a QB controversy after you tell Ramsey he's the starter next year. You don't trade that much for a guy to let him sit for two years and possibly be a backup even longer if Ramsey starts to flourish.

We've had enough controversy the past year. What we need is stability. Hopefully, Carlos Rogers fills the bill and the defense will continue what they started last year. I'm just afraid the selection of Campbell is going to cause more problems on an offense that really needs to make a major improvement over last season. We had a chance to do that today and didn't. Gibbs had better work miracles on that side of the ball next season or we're in for more of the same.

Originally posted by mark327

:notworthy :notworthy

couldn't of said it better myself . i've been reading this board all day ,well since noon :D and to read what i've been reading , some on here either don't remember anything about Joe Gibbs or are just to Damn stupid to see that it takes time to turn this team into what he and his staff feels is best for this franchise. i for one will be here when the ship is righted , lets see who the real Redskins are !!!

:cheers: to those of you who are :cheers:

:cheers:

I certainly didn't see that pick coming, and actually spent the last week telling people all the reasons why it made no sense. But now that the QB has been chosen, I'm very curious to see how this develops. I'm a fan, not a GM, not a coach. Hail to the Redskins!

:cheers:

when are these dopes going to learn? it really is frustrating for us fans...

let's see, the lowest number of picks over the last 5 years = 5 straight losing seasons...

we were already down to 5 picks this year, but guess what these morons decided to do? they throw away next years draft too.. and for what... a back-up QB.........

it's so sad you almost have to laugh. yeah, so Ramsey is the man who is going to lead us to a championship... huh, Joe? certainly seems that way when you throw away a draft on another QB...........

WE ARE THE CARDINALS OF THE LEAGUE NOW AND IT MAKES ME WANT TO VOMIT... we don't deserve this.

Denver uses our former #76 to select CB Karl Paymah of Washington St.

Edit: Gil Brandt blurb on Paymah (his #20 CB) from NFL.com:

20. Karl Paymah, Washington State (6-0, 2004)

Paymah had a complete workout at the combine. He ran 4.35 and 4.40 in the 40, 3.91 in the short shuttle, 10.92 in the long shuttle and 7.09 in the cone drill. He had a 41½-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-6 broad jump and lifted 15 times. He played defensive back and wide receiver in high school and also ran track. Paymah redshirted in 2000 and started the last three seasons. He has good athletic ability for the position, but needs to work on tackling. He has the size and speed you need at this position. Washington State DBs did well in the NFL last year.

Link: http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/expert/brandt/cb

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Well, okay. Here we go. What kind of pick do they make today that will get the :cuss: going? (rolls up sleeves), Day 2 here we go.

Yes, its highly recommend that all Redskin fans safely store the remote control before the Skins make their pick

Archived