Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Using Chart Redskins came out ahead

nonniey

Surprisingly, looking at the trade value chart the Redskins came out slightly ahead. Pick 25 is valued at 720 points minus 210 for pick # 76, 420 for next years 1st (valued at this years #48) - 34 for next years #4 (valued at this years #144) . Methodology for future picks is the mid pick from this years draft for the next round. Redskins have a 46 point advantage. (Used Huddlereports value chart).

Originally posted by nonniey

Surprisingly, looking at the trade value chart the Redskins came out slightly ahead. Pick 25 is valued at 720 points minus 210 for pick # 76, 420 for next years 1st (valued at this years #48) - 34 for next years #4 (valued at this years #144) . Methodology for future picks is the mid pick from this years draft for the next round. Redskins have a 46 point advantage. (Used Huddlereports value chart).

Nice work..

I suppose I don't really agree with the methodology though... although I dont dispute that it is generally acceptable.

This is what we've been trying to let people know. From a straight traditional method of viewing trade value, we won out here. If you don't like the traditional method of trade weight, that's fine, but, from what we know, this went in our favor based on how such things are assessed.

i still think that one draft choice for 3 is not that good of a trade, even if we do come out better on paper. On paper, we had some of the best teams for the past few years, and the Patriots had some of the worst, yadda yadda yadda.... However, my anticipation is that saturday is gonna be insane with trade ups and down, more than we on this board have rumored so far, though we could do better. My idea is that we hold a pick ahead of the Jets, and they want Heath Miller, and may give a bunch for him, maybe its a way to get back at them, who knows.

Originally posted by GangstaSkinz

we need those picks! the skins have no depth and now we will have even less!

The Skins have very good depth as a general rule, and will improve it substantially with two early picks. But, as the team has suggested, it would not be adverse to acquiring more picks in this draft or the next if the situation allows.

Originally posted by nonniey

Its nice that next years pick is valued as a mid second rounder now but that wont be the case when next years draft comes around. This trade is stupid at best unless we pick in the 28-32 range next year and we will all agree on this in 12 months.

Originally posted by SkinsFTW

Its nice that next years pick is valued as a mid second rounder now but that wont be the case when next years draft comes around. This trade is stupid at best unless we pick in the 28-32 range next year and we will all agree on this in 12 months.

So, if Denver offered their 2087, 2088, and 2089 1st rounders for the #9 pick in the 2005 draft you'd take it? I mean that's 3 1st rounders for 1!

So, if Denver offered their 2087, 2088, and 2089 1st rounders for the #9 pick in the 2005 draft you'd take it? I mean that's 3 1st rounders for 1!

Uh, no. The reason it's plausible to value next year's first as a second this year is that that's roughly the valuation, historically, when teams have traded picks from future years.

Originally posted by SkinsFTW

As it turns out, next year if the Redskins traded pick is 11 or lower then the trade was to the Redskins advantage. 9-10 are washes, while a picks 8 or higher will swing the trade in Denvers favour.

Originally posted by OWUeagleMD

Whats the deal with the assessment in the big thread that says the Skins lost out? Did he use the chart wrong?

No, he used the right chart, and simply didn't realize he was using it incorrectly. And, you, not knowing the simple stuff like this, also didn't know, so you sided with a guy who didn't know something and made yourself look foolish.

Don't you feel silly?

Archived