Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wet Dreams in Dallas

Mickalino

That was my point Terry, also. Yeah I don't even give a dang about the cowpokes, and pep talks and goals are as normal as apple pie in any sport.

I question the begging of attention. With what Art and TC said, as well the cowpokes fans, they will automatically get attention. What with Emmitt on pace to break Sweetness' record and being new and improved, why wouldn't they. I kind of liken the behavior of Campo as nothing short of insecurity.

Camera's on the players isn't the answer to "on-the-field-problems" from college and professional players. These guys are used to jumping in the backseat with girls with the whole world watching, going to town and getting loaded in public, getting their shares of yea's and boo's throughout the years.

That was the weakest excuse coming from "Coach Clueless" ever.

This is the first time I have ever written this on this board, but...

NINE IN A ROW!!!!

With all those great hits Lavar had on Troy, how many games has he won against Dallas?

You can crow all you want about finishing .500, but Dallas measures seasons by SB wins. 3-13 or 13-3 it does not matter, Jerry wants a ring. Thats why Jerry canned Banks last year. He knew Dallas could be average with Banks, but they wouldnt be any closer to the SB.

Danny is spending future cap space to remain at .500. Good luck with the 8-8 goal!

I am really not a trash talker, but give up the whole Lavar scares the rest of the NFL thing. So far, he has had one above average season. If he was drafted in round 2, he would not have made the pro bowl.

P.S. Troy could have started his last few games if Dallas was in a playoff hunt, and he left the NFL because of his back. Lavar never hurt Troys back, you do the math.

Interesting stance Nerm. On one hand, you throw out nine in a row. On the other, you say Dallas measures success by championships. But, you just said success is nine in a row. Dallas has lost 30 games the last three years. None have been to the Redskins.

If this offers you some measure of comfort while averaging 10 losses a season, then more power to you. But, nine in a row is absolutely meaningless when you've been so poor during most of that period.

We're not crowing about finishing 8-8, despite being a substantially superior showing to anything you've seen the last two years. I would recommend you stop crowing about nine straight when you're team is coming off a last place finish.

But, that's just me :).

:doh: Nerm. Please. You've restrained yourself for so long and now this. You've joined most of the Cowboys fans who visit this board in their world of simplicity. If 9 in a row is what can make you feel better about 5-11, than that is a mighty simple world you live in.

Here's a little math for you. And yes, this has done before as well. 5-11 + 5-11 = c'mom Nerm, even a Cowboy fan can do this. 8-8 +8-8 = hang with me now. You can do it. No fair using a calculator now. I'd gladly take a ".500 record or better than a "losing "season...or 2. Even if the Skins lose to Dallas. Who knows how this season will turn out. But if you are going to hang your hat on 9 in a row over 2 losing seasons which have come after a slow decline since the last Superbowl won in Dallas, who am I to argue?

Average with Banks is still better than 5-11. J.J. is just brilliant. Dan spending future cap money to remain .500. Whoa. What? you Miss Cleo or something? This mean I don't have to watch the upcoming season? Hmmm. Let's wait for the end of the season and see sahll we? Oh. Just exactly what has J.J. been spending his future cap money on the past few years? What's that? oh yea. 5-11. This year? You tell me Cleo. If Levar was drafted when? Yea. And it Troy Aikman didn't have blond hair he would....well you see that don't ya? Drafted in !st round. Irrelevent. Much like many of the Cowboys fans' posts here.

Art and PCS,

I think the 9 in a row thing is a bit overdone, but if you measure seasons by championships and not .500 finishes neither team has done anything the past few years.

Look at the offseasons, Jerry extended Larry Allen's contract and increased his cap hit this year. You think that he may be doing this to make a SB run in the future? With Banks, the Cowboys thought he was more ready to start the season than QC, but they didnt see him ever leading Dallas to the SB so they let him go.

Now Danny is looking at pushing Bruce Smith's salary into the future to free up cap space this year. Does anyone on this board think Smith is going to contribute to a SB run for the Skins? If not, then why do you keep him? To try to stay at .500?

Again, congrats on the .500 finish, you guys are a lot closer to a SB than you were 2-3 years ago!

Good lord Nerm.

Let me try a test with you.

"The sky is yellow."

Do you believe me? Why not? You just read it and you clearly believe everything you read. Well, at least you believe everything you read as long as it reinforces your impression that the Redskins are hurting themselves.

It has also been published that the Redskins haven't approached Bruce Smith about restructuring his contract in any way. This was published on or around May 29. So, apparently, your question is meant to be somehow poignant, but it ends up being mostly impotent.

Would I approve of the Redskins extending Smith's contract such that his total cap hit wasn't diminished in the process? Absolutely I would not. But, since that hasn't happened and according to Smith's agent the team hasn't even spoken to him about it and according to Smith, he wouldn't lower his pay at all, that tells me you haven't a clue no matter how much you try.

This offseason the Redskins have signed two players that will significantly impact future cap years. Trotter and Wynn are those players. How old are they? Could THEY be part of the team that wins a Super Bowl? Who knows. I don't. You don't. Bruce Smith could be part of that team too. I just don't have to make stuff up to sound reasonable. Why do you?

Art,

Is this one of those teasing a cat with a string type posts? Last time we got into it you came off saying "If everyone thinks Im a moron I have Won!" " I am saying stupid stuff to piss them off and if they think Im stupid the joke is on them!" Im so smart!"

I'll stay out of it this time, although Im still not sure if you ever understood which side of the string you were on.

Uh Nerm? That came off as just a long way of saying "Oh Yea?" or "I meant to do that". After tripping over your own feet that is.

Oh. Now let me get this straight. Dallas signs Tony Banks to a 1 year 500k contract and names him the starter, after drafting Quincy Carter. Banks is going to groom young Mr. Carter ,some reported, to be a future starter. After 2 bad pre-season games, and not showing up for some vouluntary camps, J.J cuts the man because it dawned on he and Campo, less than "month" before the season began, that well, hey, he's never going to take the Cowboys to the Superbowl. Uhhhhh yea. Not even Jerrah would actually say why Banks was cut.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/features/2001/preview/cowboys/

Nerm,

The last time I played with you boys, I had an infant I've never seen creating sultry fantasies about me and another of your ilk actually spending time in his real life talking about me. A board I'd never visited had dozens of posts about me and the conversation revolved around whether your list of five free agent pickups was in any way better than the Redskins list of 13 and how "stupid" I was for possibly arguing that our 13 was better than your five.

If I were you, I'd try diligently to stay out of situations in which you prove me so stupid. But, like any typical child, when the game becomes too frustrating to conquer, it gets pushed aside with a sniveling, "It's stupid."

I'm sure declaratives such as the above make the failure more easily understood. But, when I next take you guys out for a game and hold before you an argument you can't counter, I'm absolutely positive the game will be stupid again. :).

PCS,

I dont even understand what you are saying.

Is it that Jerry thought Banks was going to be good and that is why he cut him?

Or is it that Jerry thought he would suck and signed him so he could later cut him?

Or is it that he thought Banks had potential, signed him, saw what he had, and then cut him because he thought Banks didnt have what it took?

I think its the 3rd one, sorry if I tripped while writing this. I am a little slow, its hard to keep up with guys like you. You seem really smart.

Originally posted by Art

Nerm,

The last time I played with you boys, I had an infant I've never seen creating sultry fantasies about me and another of your ilk actually spending time in his real life talking about me. A board I'd never visited had dozens of posts about me and the conversation revolved around whether your list of five free agent pickups was in any way better than the Redskins list of 13 and how "stupid" I was for possibly arguing that our 13 was better than your five.

If I were you, I'd try diligently to stay out of situations in which you prove me so stupid. But, like any typical child, when the game becomes too frustrating to conquer, it gets pushed aside with a sniveling, "It's stupid."

I'm sure declaratives such as the above make the failure more easily understood. But, when I next take you guys out for a game and hold before you an argument you can't counter, I'm absolutely positive the game will be stupid again. :).

You are silly art

Nerm, you stated that Banks was let go because the Boys never saw him leading the team to a Superbowl. This was said in conjunction with the Boys apparent offseason moves towards a S.B. run. I was questioning the validity of that statement Nerm. I really need to go to bed. :snore:

This is great, I know one thing, that comment about Arrington was horrible. Anybody who watched this guy last season knows he was defintely pro bowl worthy and did not get in based on a rep of where is was drafted. With the exception of Urlacher, Arrington was the best linebacker in football last season.

Plus, ask some guys who got leveled by LaVar last year, if there is a rep on Arrington, the one that is out is how hard he hits.

Archived