Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

From the Post (6/6/02): Westbrook Rejects Skins Offer

Westbrook's comments are less forward thinking than you'd expect to see. Playing here for the minimum is essentially playing somewhere else for a bit more because here, the stats will be so bloated due to the system, a receiver will ultimately end up with more for the experience.

I can see Jacquez Green getting 80 catches, 1000 yards and 7 touchdowns and asking for a massive contract and getting it. Just from someone else. Spurrier can honestly tell a player like Green, "I made ya. I don't have to pay ya becasue without me, you'd be what you were in Tampa."

If this offense is at all successful, we will not have Green next season. But, you won't really need to look very far to determine whether the system or the player is the most important thing on the field for the Washington Redskins if this happens :).

Norv's quote about "not listening" to Westy, speaks volumes. Whatever you think about Norv (I wasn't a fan) he was still a class act. And when he came out and said that :laugh: I almost fell off my chair.

He's still gotta a little growing up to do.

Its just a shame that more slackers on the team don't help identify themselves like Westbroke has done consistently.

Now you Westbroke fans (why?) can now understand why we were so anxious to see the kids Skaggs and D Mac get a chance to play in the final game last year.

Hopefully we will stay away from free agent receivers and go with the hungry young hardworking and inexpensive kids already on the roster.

I got tired of believing in Westbrook's 'potential' a couple of years ago. None of this surprises me. It's the same attitude he's had since he broke into the league.

I still think there's a good chance he'll be on the team. If either Jacksonville or the Bengals were offering big bucks, they'd already have him signed. It's not like he suddenly became available. The whole league knows him for what he is.

If he does leave, keep in mind that one day he'll be back, begging to be signed so he can retire as a Redskin.

Archived