Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Got a Next Gen Madden Screen for you guys...

RAC

Originally posted by CrazyZeb

Is this the one that's not actually coming out but shows what's "possible"?

No. This is an actual shot from Next Gen Madden that was sent to me by EA a few minutes ago.

Originally posted by Fatty P For The Pulitzer

It's gonna be one of those games where you see the commercial, and the graphics look out of this world, then you buy the game and it looks like this as you play:

614392.jpg

Is that a pic from Joe Montana Football for Sega Genesis?

If I'm right, It's kind of sad that I knew that off the top of my head.....

Looks cool. I play with the view all the way out, so I'm most interested in gameplay, anyways. Thanks for the shot. If you need a video clip of the commercial, let me know... I'm recording the draft anyways.

Yeah, we're going to do that as well. Right now I am trying to see if EA can get us a copy of the video once it airs, so we have something high quality to pass around.

Originally posted by Heidenreich

Is that a pic from Joe Montana Football for Sega Genesis?

If I'm right, It's kind of sad that I knew that off the top of my head.....

Not just Joe Montana Football, but Joe Montana 2 Sports Talk Football! Best game ever made for Genesis, and 2nd best game from the old school machines after Techmo Bowl!

Nothing was better than Tecmo bowl. A game I'm sure some of us (myself included) still play to THIS DAY. LT was unstoppable in that game.

All I remember from Joe Montana sports talk football was when the announcer said this on a pass:

"He throws, wide open"

It was always followed by

"INTERCEPTED!"

Ah yes, those were the good old days....

Originally posted by Heidenreich

Nothing was better than Tecmo bowl. A game I'm sure some of us (myself included) still play to THIS DAY. LT was unstoppable in that game.

All I remember from Joe Montana sports talk football was when the announcer said this on a pass:

"He throws, wide open"

It was always followed by

"INTERCEPTED!"

Ah yes, those were the good old days....

Remember Bo Jackson and Christian Okoye? You couldn't tackle them in Tecmo Bowl. Remember how you could out run anybody if you ran zigzag? That was awesome. Just the other day I was playing a buddy of mine in ESPN NFL Football, and I broke off a big run with Portis, one of his guys was behind me and I started running zig zag. After he tackled me he started yelling, "You better not try Tecmo Bowl sh!t on me!". :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by Sweet Sassy Molassy

Remember Bo Jackson and Christian Okoye? You couldn't tackle them in Tecmo Bowl. Remember how you could out run anybody if you ran zigzag? That was awesome. Just the other day I was playing a buddy of mine in ESPN NFL Football, and I broke off a big run with Portis, one of his guys was behind me and I started running zig zag. After he tackled me he started yelling, "You better not try Tecmo Bowl sh!t on me!". :laugh: :laugh:

I never had Tecmo Bowl, but I played it all the time at my buddy's house. The a**hole would be the Raiders every time and I almost always got beat because he'd throw to Tim Brown every play and do the zig zag and I couldn't stop him. But then I'd get him back by whooping his @ss in Joe Montana 2 Sports Talk Football! I loved how they recorded about 5 different things for the announcer to say! I wish I had a Genesis that still works so I could go back and see the difference in the announcer in that game compared to Madden/ESPN '05!

I remember the first speech I ever heard in a video game, I was amazed. An old basketball game called Double Dribble. Basically, it was just a guy saying "Double Dwibble" at the startup. Joe Montana 2 Sports Talk Football was another huge step.

An old basketball game called Double Dribble.

I remember getting pumped up over the dunk graphics in that game!

I love how a thread about a screen cap from the Next Gen Madden has turned into a thread about favorite old school sports games! To whoever started this thread, sorry for posting that Sports Talk Football pic!!

Archived